Dozy deputy: Prawit, once again, caught napping on the job in Parliament

webfact

5 hours ago, SmartyMarty said:

Since at any given time of the day 30% of the Thai workforce are sleeping on the job I see no issue with this.

And at least another 30% are playing on their phones?

Edited by jacko45k
typo
  • Like 2

Give the man some credit, please! He’s got so many important sidelines, like counting his money, organizing his expensive watches, plotting with his army general buddies to overthrow Pita’s new government if it gets in the way of their (the army generals) many many lucrative but highly illegal money making schemes. No wonder the man’s so exhausted. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Looking at the image suggests he could be studiously examining the meeting agenda to ensure he is ready to spring up and defend his political views. But then I woke up and realised it was the Brown Bladder 'resting his eyes'........

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

He's got a number of ailments, although details are scant. He makes visits to the U.S. and the U.K. for treatments (public news) but very little is said about those ailments. I remember hearing about "angioplasty" and "stents", but that was years ago.

The public would probably be more accommodating if details were released, but I understand the need for privacy too. He was rumored to be quite the "bachelor" in his day.

So the big Thai nationalist doesn't trust the best Thai surgeons? 

Unless they're all overseas too?

Nevermind, his watches are fast winding down, there's only so much stenting they can do until it's off to the knackers yard with him! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h90 said:

it would be massive undemocratic....and someone get funny with 50, while others are mentally fully fit with 95. You would need to do a test.

That’s a reasonable suggestion. 

Not that the private sector is necessarily the fountain of all knowledge and wisdom but I reckon you’d be hard pressed to find many FTSE or SPX CEOs over the age of 70, aside from purely age related factors, the world does move on and at an ever increasing pace. 

6 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Of course Parliament just approved a 79 year old Speaker, because, I guess, they couldn't find someone older? He'll be 83 at the end of his term. This almost seems like elder abuse.

Yes, experience counts but eventually you need a rookie, if only because those with experience have died off. Better to have someone younger serve as first-time Speaker with Wan Noor as an advisor, transferring his institutional knowledge.

Elder abuse is exactly what is. 

The men are being forced to work with emotional blackmail.  They deserve to rest now. 

• Thanks 1

Can't really blame the old fellas he been at it so long I do it too if I know whatever agenda is up is nothing but hot air why stay up or pretend it is important.

I'm sure the old fellas knows by now when to take a power nap!  He got plenty of watches when it is time to do some real business.

5 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Give the man some credit, please! He’s got so many important sidelines, like counting his money, organizing his expensive watches, plotting with his army general buddies to overthrow Pita’s new government if it gets in the way of their (the army generals) many many lucrative but highly illegal money making schemes. No wonder the man’s so exhausted. 

Indeed.

Embezzlement practice can be quite fatiguing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jaideedave said:

I'm in the same boat.At 72 I find myself getting ready for bed between 8-9 pm.Not that long ago I'd be drinking beer untill 11pm.

Since I quit drinking I can't keep my eyes open late anymore.BTW I'm not complaining.

Down and dirty by 9:30

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SmartyMarty said:

Since at any given time of the day 30% of the Thai workforce are sleeping on the job I see no issue with this.

i am so happy for years i thought i was the only person noticing this

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

On which occasions did he commandeer the plane as his own?  How do you have that information?

I certainly don't have any "special" knowledge of him or the junta government.

It was in the Thai papers here.  Do a search on "prawit plane" ...
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2019/07/09/police-defend-buying-1-billion-baht-private-jet-for-prawit/

There have been quite a few, vastly different, excuses put forward by Prawit and his supporters.

All "explanations" offered varied so much that it is obvious they were fashioned on the spot separately by each individual, and make the situation worse.

Now he's a joke, a meme - some great Thai memes after this latest nap. Although one could argue he has been a meme since the watch kerfuffle.

I also noticed that they zoom in his head only when he waddles to the town-car so he doesn't look so fragile.

Maybe just name him honorary PM for a day and be done with it.