Jomtien Immigration Upgrade

champers

Just now, Pattaya57 said:

I've been going to Jomtien about 6 times a year (3 for TM30 and 3 for visa exempt extensions) and I also found staff very polite and helpful every time.

However I have seen many angry people yelling at staff because they don't seem to understand the rules (eg no idea what a TM30 is, turn up with just passport, no copies of anything etc)

As for dress rules, I aways wear shorts, shoes and collared shirt so respectful but not so hot clothing (as opposed to shorts, thongs and T-shirt/singlet). I do smile when I see the sign no shorts allowed and I'm waiting for them to crack the <deleted>s one day and enforce that rule ???? 

earlier this year there was a guy in his 80s had been queuing outside in the heat for hours, got in wearing a singlet, pathetic thai worker on a power trip shouted at him to leave, man was distraught, broken man, who knows maybe died later in the heat

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

Went to do my 90 day report yesterday and a new structure is in place on the right as you enter. 90 day reports and extension of stays are done in this new facility. It is clean, airy and cool with good aircon and with smiling and polite staff. 

I handed my passport over and was told "wait 30 minutes". In reality I was out in 10. 

It was early morning, it is low season but still it was a pleasant and stress-free experience. I should imagine it was also less fraught in the main building. No queues outside, no snappy security that I could see.

Long may it continue and a big well done to whoever initiated the improvements.

Same with our o visa renewal,  in & out in 15 min great sevice

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

earlier this year there was a guy in his 80s had been queuing outside in the heat for hours, got in wearing a singlet, pathetic thai worker on a power trip shouted at him to leave, man was distraught, broken man, who knows maybe died later in the heat

Well hopefully the new air-con building prevents this in the future, so no need to wear a singlet which the signs say are clearly not allowed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

As per the elderly bedridden Thai forced to attend a government office to renew ID in the news lately?

• Like 1

The whole queueing outside for hours under a hot sun thing is a nasty media headline waiting to happen. At best it seems there is a lack of competent leadership in the building, at worst it is just plain cruel.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, champers said:

The whole queueing outside for hours under a hot sun thing is a nasty media headline waiting to happen. At best it seems there is a lack of competent leadership in the building, at worst it is just plain cruel.

Are they back to queuing outside again? Only a few months ago it all changed, no more queuing outside. You went straight inside to the counter, they gave you a queue number for the next day and told you to come back tomorrow. You came back tomorrow, your queue number was called then you went and handed over your extension documents, waited for maybe 20 mins then got your extension in your passport back.

Edited by bbi1

3 hours ago, champers said:

Went to do my 90 day report yesterday and a new structure is in place on the right as you enter. 90 day reports and extension of stays are done in this new facility. It is clean, airy and cool with good aircon and with smiling and polite staff. 

I handed my passport over and was told "wait 30 minutes". In reality I was out in 10. 

It was early morning, it is low season but still it was a pleasant and stress-free experience. I should imagine it was also less fraught in the main building. No queues outside, no snappy security that I could see.

Yes indeed, but not before time?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Is that the same as a wife beater? I go to Jomtien immigration regularly in cargo shorts, t-shirt and flip flops or slip ons. Never had a problem. 

Singlets are banned, pure evil they are, a sweaty old polo shirt or BO ridden checked shirts are welcomed in

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Singlets are banned, pure evil they are, a sweaty old polo shirt or BO ridden checked shirts are welcomed in

I haven't worn a singlet since I was 20 hanging out on the beach in Baili. Do you really think wearing a singlet to Immigration when signs clearly say not to is appropriate? 

So here maybe the reason some people are treated better at Jomtien immigration and have no issue with staff there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

So here maybe the reason some people are treated better at Jomtien immigration and have no issue with staff there

It's more about peoples attitude, some people expect help from staff, but get nothing. Fancy that, expecting staff that work there to be helpful, unbelievable. I witness rudeness from staff every time i go there, sad like the guy in his 80s mentioned earlier. 

But maybe their patience has been worn thin with the stress of it being too busy, but they like it that way

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, champers said:

i went to do 90 days this afternoon......wed 5 july.....was told wait 20 mins was out in ten....2.`15 was the time i was there

5 hours ago, champers said:

No more. That's what this thread is about

• Like 1

I was about 2 hours today applying for a new non-imm O visa. I picked up the application when I was there last week. Great service! They also gave me a list of requirements. You tell one of the 3 very polite young Thais sitting behind the table what you want to do, they look at your passport, and reach into a file to find the appropriate form for you. No queue number until ALL forms are filled out!

I had everything filled out and organized. Presented my papers and was given a DIFFERENT list of much more onerous requirements regarding mostly residency. Anyway, got it all done in 2 hours. 28 pages total, in triplicate, with signature required on all but 1 page. OK service from the you-know-who lady at window 7!  ????

24 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Did mine today?

What did you do today?

A very enlightening post I must say so!

Please keep up: OP posted

"Went to do my 90 day report yesterday and a new structure is in place on the right as you enter. 90 day reports and extension of stays are done in this new facility. It is clean, airy and cool with good aircon and with smiling and polite staff. 

Long may it continue and a big well done to whoever initiated the improvements."

• Confused 1