Police Hunt Down Culprit for Attack on Elderly Dutch Tourist in Chonburi

webfact

1-แบบปกใส่คำพูด-New3-2023-07-05T220655.908-768x433.jpg

The police in Chonburi are on the hunt for a young local suspect following an assault on a 72-year-old Dutch tourist diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

The victim, Alphons, suffered a broken nose, resulting in a profuse nosebleed. The incident has stirred up considerable community outrage due to the vulnerable state of the victim, reported Daily News.

IMG_4739.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The assault reportedly occurred on July 5th after a disagreement over rental fees at the victim's accommodation. Mr. Alphons was discovered bloodied and requesting assistance at a nearby checkpoint in Huay Yai. Responding officers promptly transferred him to the closest hospital.

IMG_4738.jpg

Picture: Daily News

As initial inquiries continue, the law enforcement remains dedicated to capturing the perpetrator. Local residents, who assisted the injured tourist, strongly criticized the perpetrator's actions, especially considering the victim's elderly age and condition.

#news

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-07-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

'Police Hunt Down Culprit for Attack on Elderly Dutch Tourist in Chonburi' or put another way, 'have not yet hunted down culprit.' I was about to congratulate (for the 1st time ever) the local police (who are still waiting for someone to blab and do their job for them as every other day.)

• Like 1

Should not be hard to hunt down if attack was result of disagreement over rental... one would think...

But... photo shows him sitting on motorcycle with sidecar.... IS that how he gets around? AND he has Alzheimer's

Am I the only one who thinks might lead to traffic accidents, etc?

• Confused 1

He's an old Dutchman. He probably had an idea what the cost was gonna be. But it was 5 baht over so he told the guy to f off. 72 and still doesn't know when to cut his losses, (i have dutch grand parents. I know how they are)

Edited by Harsh Jones