Soi Cowboy: Crackdown on Drugs, Guns, Human Trafficking, Child Abuse

webfact

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Ahh soi Cowboy, brings back a lot of memories from the days that a bar was a bar, the girls were innocent, and beers were cheap, and who can forget Trink who used to walk by every now and than stopping for a chat for his next article.

Used to be the late night expat hangout in the mid to late 90's and early 00's. I was down there nearly every night! Saw Trink many times on our travels!

Some great bars down there; Pam's, Shark, Dollhouse, Cactus, Five Star, The Old Dutch, Penny Black upstairs etc...

All turned into a bit of a tourist trap neon wonderland now. The charm has definitely been lost.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In Rainbow, 19 were foreigners and 66 were employees, while
in Spice Girl, 10 foreigners and 28 employees
Together, 29 alien and 94 Thais.  

Could it be, that those zillions of tourists are no longer interested in the bar scenes of the Land or .... if those zillions have shrunk to a few millions only?

Maybe the chicken are coming home to roost? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

crack down on various criminal activities including drug and human trafficking, as well as illegal possession of firearms.

I would have thought there would have been richer pickings in Suthisthan, especially illegal possession of firearms.

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Geez...sure are taking all the fun out of  it......sigh.....................................   /s

TAT can spin it as a tourist attraction. Where else can you go out for an evening beer and be surrounded by police raiding the bar. Other times, they arrive and close them all down at midnight for no other reason than that they can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seppius said:

When did Rainbow open in Cowboy? Don't remember seeing it a month or two ago when I was there, which bar did it take over?

Stickman can keep you up to date on stuff like that. It's only recently reopened but I've forgotten what was there before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Stickman can keep you up to date on stuff like that. It's only recently reopened but I've forgotten what was there before.

The bloke who has lived in NZ for the past few years and a friend of murderers, pimps and blackmailers ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, proton said:

The bloke who has lived in NZ for the past few years and a friend of murderers, pimps and blackmailers ????

Care to explain the latter part of your allegation? Or is your post yet another of the pathetic and pointless posts I've read today. Examples please.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Care to explain the latter part of your allegation? Or is your post yet another of the pathetic and pointless posts I've read today. Examples please.

Stick was a friend of Marc, the Eden club pimp and blackmailer who shot dead his ex girlfriend and then shot his business partner in a Sukhumvit soi last April. Thankfully the business partner survived and shot Marc dead. Stickman was always rather afraid of him but buttered the low life up no end when alive and promoted his brothel. You might have thought once he was gone he would have had a more objective view of him, but no he just made excuses for him and claimed if he was owed money he had only done what a Thai would have, after consulting the Thai GF on the matter. Some things are indeed 'pathetic' here like finding out you have terminal cancer, and instead of making amends deciding to go out and gun people down. The nightlife here is riddled with criminal scum, Marc was just one of them.

I was only disappointed Marc did not survive to live out his life in a Thai prison as that is what he deserved.

Any negative comments on the matter were never published on his website. But he did admit Marc had been in a Japanese prison for drugs. offences and owned guns. 

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, proton said:

I was only disappointed Marc did not survive to live out his life in a Thai prison as that is what he deserved.

I met the guy once a couple of decades ago (don't ask). IIRC he had a scar from ear to ear, I always wondered how he survived whatever gave him that scar. It always has me scratching my head when people get involved with the Bangkok nightlife 'back office' and then wonder why they're not meeting fine upstanding citizens.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly

6 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

I met the guy once (don't ask). IIRC he had a scar from ear to ear, I always wondered how he survived whatever gave him that scar. It always has me scratching my head when people get involved with the Bangkok nightlife 'back office' and then wonder why they're not meeting fine upstanding citizens.

I think he claimed a scar was from a bike accident, he said he was a race competitor, no doubt BS. I dont think anyone expects them to be fine upstanding citizens, but not blackmailers, murderers and drug dealers! Amazing the amount of people who fell for his greasy charm, just because he was selling them over priced sex with less than attractive burned out women.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

Ahh soi Cowboy, brings back a lot of memories from the days that a bar was a bar, the girls were innocent, and beers were cheap, and who can forget Trink who used to walk by every now and than stopping for a chat for his next article.

A different, but better time in my opinion..  

49 minutes ago, proton said:

Stick was a friend of Marc, the Eden club pimp and blackmailer who shot dead his ex girlfriend and then shot his business partner in a Sukhumvit soi last April. Thankfully the business partner survived and shot Marc dead. Stickman was always rather afraid of him but buttered the low life up no end when alive and promoted his brothel. You might have thought once he was gone he would have had a more objective view of him, but no he just made excuses for him and claimed if he was owed money he had only done what a Thai would have, after consulting the Thai GF on the matter. Some things are indeed 'pathetic' here like finding out you have terminal cancer, and instead of making amends deciding to go out and gun people down. The nightlife here is riddled with criminal scum, Marc was just one of them.

Any negative comments on the matter were never published on his website. But he did admit Marc had been in a Japanese prison for drugs. offences and owned guns. 

Thanks. I'll ask Stick to comment.