Flat Earth (flight routes)

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

C'mon, don't play dumb, you all know it's flat.  West of the Azores is nothing.  At the edge is an Einsteinian void in which you will not age and will be falling for a longer time than can be recorded.

This is what really happened to the Titanic.

They got rid of Jimmy Hoffa's body by throwing it off the edge.

[/sarcasm]

So where are the edges where you fall off the edge of the earth located?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

A few hundred years ago, they said that about people who said the earth wasn't flat.

they also believed that bacteria and viruses were evil spirits within the body. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I went to the edge once, but wore suction cups so I could stick to the bottom. There's some really fine restaurants on that side, and they're never crowded. Just don't drink the water, because I think it's contaminated by all the toilet flushing from Top Side Dwellers.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

A good friend who has evangelical wife is not sure if earth is flat. He has sailboat and I have been out sight of land on it. He say to me " look at horizon which people say prove earth is round. But why is horizon a straight line? ".

I ask if he has more good wine .

34 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I looked one of them up on skyscanner.

Qatar Airways QR51011 Rio de Janeiro to Sao Paulo

QR780 Sao Paulo to Doha

then Doha to Dubai ... Dubai to Colombo ... flight numbers are all there.

Not the most "optimal" flight path. 

You're ignoring the fact that Qatar has 1 hub.... Doha, so pretty much ALL their own flights will either start or end in Doha.

SkyScanner tries to get the cheapest flight possible, so sometimes it will give ridiculous connections (either destination or layover time). The cheapest flight is not always (and is often not) the most direct flight.

Qatar also often do short hops at some destinations to combine traffic. for instance they do it for Vietnam and Cambodia I believe, different flight numbers but the same plane.

...but I guess for some, the real explanation isn't as interesting as the Earth being flat.

EDIT: By the way, in that same SkyScanner search, you ignored the 1 stop Emitates flight Rio > Dubai > Colombo, which is far more direct, but still has long layovers. Close to twice the price of the 2/3 stop flights too. Perhaps Qatar give a discount to members of DENSA?

Edited by Woof999
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

That is not a "flat earth" map. It is a type of projection drawn for a different purpose.

you are a pilot?

you shouldnt be on these types of threads.

we wouldn't want you to have a sudden panic attack and crash a plane.

ha ha.

22 hours ago, bendejo said:

C'mon, don't play dumb, you all know it's flat.  West of the Azores is nothing.  At the edge is an Einsteinian void in which you will not age and will be falling for a longer time than can be recorded.

This is what really happened to the Titanic.

They got rid of Jimmy Hoffa's body by throwing it off the edge.

[/sarcasm]

Is Elvis also there?

14 hours ago, RanongCat said:

A good friend who has evangelical wife is not sure if earth is flat. He has sailboat and I have been out sight of land on it. He say to me " look at horizon which people say prove earth is round. But why is horizon a straight line? ".

I ask if he has more good wine .

You can book in Russia to fly with a fighter airplane. I forgot which one...one of these can fly to the edge of space. It looks fantastic on youtube. It gets all black above. And you can already see that the earth is a ball. Expensive...I can't remember $20-40.000 but cheaper than build an own rocket.

Don't talk with them about evolution......talk about wine....

5 minutes ago, h90 said:

You can book in Russia to fly with a fighter airplane. I forgot which one...one of these can fly to the edge of space. It looks fantastic on youtube. It gets all black above. And you can already see that the earth is a ball. Expensive...I can't remember $20-40.000 but cheaper than build an own rocket.

Don't talk with them about evolution......talk about wine....

Just looked that up, yea around $20,000 flight only. 50 mins

image.png.7e064b2faf371d923106f959ae4509c6.png

https://migflug.com/flights-prices/mig-29-edge-of-space/

• Love It 1