You’ll never eat seafood sticks again after seeing these pictures

ezzra

On 7/9/2023 at 8:24 AM, steven100 said:

yes they have every right to make a profit,  but they don't have a right to monopolize the market as they have done.

CP does not have a monopoly on the market segments they trade in, they may be the major player but they do not have a monopoly.  Maybe you just don't know what a monopoly is?

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There are many other choices for shopping.  To suggest that there is almost no other choice than 7-11s is ridiculous.

Maybe he meant there were almost no other shopping choices within fifty meters of his front door... 

• Haha 2

On 7/9/2023 at 8:24 AM, steven100 said:

just saying,  and yes they have every right to make a profit,  but they don't have a right to monopolize the market as they have done.  The general public / consumer don't have much choice apart from using the 7-11,  and yes there is one every 100m .....   haha ....    But that's another story ... 

The only good that comes out of 7-11 is the fact they employ 170,000  Thais.

The Wiki article that you got your stats from also mentioned the statistic that shows that CP/7-11 do not have a monopoly, nor prevent consumers from having much choice...how come you omitted that very relevant fact?

• Haha 1

not a fan of processed food but looks clean and as imagined.. nothing scary about that..scary maybe if one considers the "bigger picture" of what we consume..

having said that not everybody can afford the organic way 

I said, “Carl, you’re eating two hot dogs.” He said, 'They ain’t gonna bother me. I love hot dogs and hot dogs love me.” But it wasn’t true. By that night, the hot dogs had done him in.  -- Mel Brooks on the death of his friend Carl Reiner, age 98

• Like 1

Good to look for alternatives rather than animal and poultry farming which is adding to the Global Warming!

plus murdering animals who have a right to live like us, while we pretend to love dogs, cats etc. We stopped hunting, time to stop farming. Compensate them and go organic and plant based! Better for our health too and future generations!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tazmo said:

Good to look for alternatives rather than animal and poultry farming which is adding to the Global Warming!

plus murdering animals who have a right to live like us, while we pretend to love dogs, cats etc. We stopped hunting, time to stop farming. Compensate them and go organic and plant based! Better for our health too and future generations!

Uhh, you grow plants/crops on a farm, and raise animals/livestock on a ranch, just sayin' 

Yeah, get rid of 90% of the population and go organic. 

On 7/9/2023 at 2:20 AM, steven100 said:

All  of 7-11 food is 97% processed.   Sausages, Burgers,  Chips, Cakes, Sweets, Frozen goods, and the list goes on and on .....

It is all manufactured in factories, in huge vats that contain glucose,  sodium, antioxidants,  INS food additives and preservatives,   starch,  salt  and many other power substances.

It is hard to believe that 80% at least consume this everyday and don't worry one bit about it's contents.

You only have to read the packet to see a great list of preservatives added.

While CP owners are making millions of baht every single day,  the cash meter never stops ticking over. 

Some of it is really tasty ...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Disagree ...

... a lot of it is really tasty ????

and a lot of it looks absolutely disgusting ....   ????       and on another note,  yesterday I was walking down my soi and someone has just cleared a huge corner block of debris and trees etc ......  then I see the sign on the fence ...  a new 7-11 going in ....   I just laughed,   there's one just literally 100m past this one and another 400m  in the opposite direction,    that'll  be 3 in a 600m  distance  ......   

how many 7-11's do these capitalistic monopolizing conglomerates want.   ?        haha ...

fresh food my ar_se     !!    :post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by steven100

12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

and a lot of it looks absolutely disgusting ....   ????       and on another note,  yesterday I was walking down my soi and someone has just cleared a huge corner block of debris and trees etc ......  then I see the sign on the fence ...  a new 7-11 going in ....   I just laughed,   there's one just literally 100m past this one and another 400m  in the opposite direction,    that'll  be 3 in a 600m  distance  ......   

how many 7-11's do these capitalistic monopolizing conglomerates want.   ?        haha ...

Definitely no shortage.  Was on Suk, and did a 360° view, and there was 4, all within about 150m of each other.   Probably all doing brisk business.

Other side of the coin, during covid, the ones at Ao Nang, Krabi, and surfside Phuket were closed up, as was 90% of shops that targeted the foreign tourist market.  Yet my favorite restaurant & street vendors were doing a brisk business.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

I don't see much that looks disgusting, even the nasty green tea, seaweed and salted egg stuff looks good. 

Why do you want people to have to walk do walk so far? It's nice to be able to send your kid to the store down the block. 

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I don't see much that looks disgusting, even the nasty green tea, seaweed and salted egg stuff looks good. 

Why do you want people to have to walk do walk so far? It's nice to be able to send your kid to the store down the block. 

you don't think those hot dogs that has been sitting there for 8 hours and that pineapple pastry doesn't look awful.   I think many would disagree.  But, i must admit I have had the odd CP pork & cheese burger or the toasted sandwich .....   sometimes i bring the sandwich home to toast it myself in an hour or so and when i cut the packet open I think how stale the food inside looks.     haha

21 minutes ago, steven100 said:

you don't think those hot dogs that has been sitting there for 8 hours and that pineapple pastry doesn't look awful.   I think many would disagree.  But, i must admit I have had the odd CP pork & cheese burger or the toasted sandwich .....   sometimes i bring the sandwich home to toast it myself in an hour or so and when i cut the packet open I think how stale the food inside looks.     haha

I said I don't see much...

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2023 at 6:39 AM, ezzra said:

What's wrong with that video or the product being made? I see nothing weird happening in there.

Ok, cheap white fish and artificial 'crap' aroma but not garbage or anything alike.

Same like wild stories about eye balls and testicles in sausages, all B&S.

I agree with not eating processed foods but that's for another purpose.