Bangkok Post

Gandtee

10 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Today I cannot get Bangkok Post online. I get 404 Time Out. Anyone else having the same problem or is it my computer playing up?

Same.  It's just down, it'll be back in a couple of hours. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually no posts on Facebook either for last 15 hours so does not appear to be just a website issue.

It was up at 530 or 600 am today, read it before my jog.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually no posts on Facebook either for last 15 hours so does not appear to be just a website issue.

As I posted earlier, it is an issue with the website.  They have a phone number so I thought it'd be a good idea to use it.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

As I posted earlier, it is an issue with the website.  They have a phone number so I used it.

Facebook is not their website - an issue with their computers perhaps?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

As I posted earlier, it is an issue with the website.  They have a phone number so I used it.

Facebook is not their website - an issue with their computers perhaps?

I didn't say that Facebook was their website.  I did post what Bangkok Post told me when I spoke to them, "There is a problem with our website, it'll be sorted out in a couple of hours".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I didn't say that Facebook was their website.  I did post what Bangkok Post told me when I spoke to them, "There is a problem with our website, it'll be sorted out in a couple of hours".

And if obviously has not been sorted out in a couple of hours - now 18 hours since last post to Facebook and they could do that from a laptop without a website.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps/probably wrong, but the Bangkok Post is perceived as the most read of all the Thai based foreign language news sources.   Given what is happening today, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that the BP is being deliberately taken off air to minimise international condemnation of what is flagrant abuse by those in actual power here and any potential suppression of unrest.   I'm sure that it won't be long before Reuters etc get this out there.   Thai social media is already alight with the  news.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Perhaps/probably wrong, but the Bangkok Post is perceived as the most read of all the Thai based foreign language news sources.   Given what is happening today, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that the BP is being deliberately taken off air to minimise international condemnation of what is flagrant abuse by those in actual power here and any potential suppression of unrest.   I'm sure that it won't be long before Reuters etc get this out there.   Thai social media is already alight with the  news.

Spot on target.

• Confused 1

The 'website down' problem has certainly occurred at a very convenient moment for the plotting dinosaurs!

("Keep The People ignorant & confused! That way we can do whatever we like.")

Edited by mfd101
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Getting the Editorial staff ready for Mr Pita's coronation tomorrow. 555

Or going to extreme lengths to ensure that links to their website aren't posted on Asean Now in violation of Forum rules! 

• Haha 2

Notice on their website as of 6:15 pm tonight/Wednesday:

"Bangkokpost.com is having technical difficulties. Some pages may not load correctly. We apologise for this inconvenience."

As Lopburi said, still no new content posted there since yesterday.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And if obviously has not been sorted out in a couple of hours -

The person to whom I spoke didn't say from when they would start counting the "couple of hours".