Tragic twist: Aussie teen’s suspicious death in Thailand fuels family’s heartfelt repatriation quest

webfact

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

The twist is the family are upstanding people prepared to pay the repatriation expenses rather than bludge off the public.

Hahahahahaha, only joking.

image.png.f2d29a3fb093e62183948f887ad6a3dd.png

Can get $25,000 to $100,000 death coverage on travel insurance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah get insurance to cover then spend the gofundme coin on house renovations or something !!

Seriously how much does it cost to airfreight a coffee tin full of ashes these days ?

Not $30,000. Average funeral is $9,000 with coffin. Cremations are cheaper.

Total cost likely around $10,000 if cremated.

Looks like profiteering. More so if there is death insurance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Cause of death unknown. Lets not jump to conclusions.

While there are unsolved deaths of tourists all over Thailand, Koh Tao definitely has its fair share. Lackadaisical policing with an agenda and/or something else? There is for sure a bad element there (way in excess of the norm) that needs to be expunged. Regardless of this poor lad’s death, it must be doing more harm to Thailand in keeping the status quo than making changes? I guess people will continue to go, however. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

While there are unsolved deaths of tourists all over Thailand, Koh Tao definitely has its fair share. Lackadaisical policing with an agenda and/or something else? There is for sure a bad element there (way in excess of the norm) that needs to be expunged. Regardless of this poor lad’s death, it must be doing more harm to Thailand in keeping the status quo than making changes? I guess people will continue to go, however. 

It is very popular. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

RIP young fella. So young.

Horrible for the family he has been torn from.

As yet no definitive understanding and statement about how he died. The Thaiger article doesn't give any more info either.

How strange is this island? A lot of nasty murders, suicides, and misadventures it seems.

Don't know about any of you folks but no way we'll ever set foot on the place!

Never in a million years would i.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I went three for a week, nice bungalow on the beach with AC and hot water... lovely place. 

now I live in the North for many years. but in the 80's and partly 90's lived on Samui and for a break we just would take the slowboat to K.Tao only to stay on K.NangYuan wich is owned by the LomPraya-family.

man, did we have a good time there snorkeling in daytime and indulging on food when dark! 

then the cruise-ships started to come and let the passengers snorkle in 'our' area, the boatsmen would even tell us to go away because they were coming...

needless to say that that was the last time we went there...

so I never set foot on K.Tao, because NangYuan was all we wanted...

a pity that some of the families who 'run' that place have different intentions...

• Thumbs Up 1