Nationwide Milk Shortage

jcowle

Just now, jcowle said:

Six local 7/11s around my home have been out of stock of full-fat milk for the past three days.
Is it Pattaya-wide?

Thanks
John

John, we are seeing the same thing here in the Hua Hin Area and PKK. It is not just Pattaya.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jcowle said:

WOW

We just stopped by three 7-11's after having been to Lotus and Gourmet market and Villa.  Very little milk at all on the shelves, but the full fat Meji, or Dutch Mill is what we normally buy.

Just now, Pink Mist said:

We just stopped by three 7-11's after having been to Lotus and Gourmet market and Villa.  Very little milk at all on the shelves, but the full fat Meji, or Dutch Mill is what we normally buy.

Very strange, cows don’t just stop producing milk ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jcowle said:

Very strange, cows don’t just stop producing milk ????

We went through a period like this about 9 or 10 months ago when there was some industry wide issues and many cows were put down.  I believe it was from Lumpy Skin Disease.

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I bought some an hour ago Pattaya Nua.  Has a blue label.

Which brand? Dark blue label is the Meji full fat, and a lighter blue with a windmill on it is Dutchmill full fat.  I can not even find the small bottles of it.

13 minutes ago, connda said:

Well, if push comes to shove, I'll just buy it from a local dairy farmer.  We have bunches out where I live.  I don't find fresh milk to be scary like most Westerners. 

Well all  I got is a sheep farm down the road!

53 minutes ago, connda said:

Well, if push comes to shove, I'll just buy it from a local dairy farmer.  We have bunches out where I live.  I don't find fresh milk to be scary like most Westerners. 

And half price also!

1 hour ago, connda said:

“In terms of food safety, from a microbiological point of view, drinking raw milk is not safe", says Dr Jorge Gutierrez-Merino, a lecturer in food microbiology at the University of Surrey. “Raw milk may contain many different pathogenic microbes, including some deadly bacteria, which could cause fatal infections, mainly in children, the elderly and immunocompromised people", adds Dr Gutierrez-Merino.

Are you sick, have constant diarehea, want to vomit and feel unwell?  Seems like it can actually kill someone.

Seems an insane risk to save a few bucks

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

I can’t recall a milk shortage living in Bangkok for three years recently.  I left about four months ago. I drink lactose free milk.  And sometimes there was none available except in 0% fat.  Most of my shopping was Gourmet Market in Emquartier.  
Maybe the cows are protesting the election. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pink Mist said:

Which brand? Dark blue label is the Meji full fat, and a lighter blue with a windmill on it is Dutchmill full fat.  I can not even find the small bottles of it.

About that ' full fat' thingy, i have tried to make cheese at home from a Thai so called full fat milk for a very poor yield of cheese which bring me to think that the local full fat in anything but.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1