5 things you hate most about Thailand

bignok

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

1. Blaring music. 

2. Ridiculously reckless drivers on the highway. 

3. The highway patrol utterly refusing to patrol the highways. 

4. Everything about the Thai army. 

5. Every politician. 

Next four:

6. The complete inability of the Thai people to guess what I am saying, when I do not pronounce the words perfectly. 

7. The heat. 

8. The foul air 4 or 5 months of the year.

9. The completely nonsensical import wine tax. 

That is about it. I love most everything else about the place and the people. 

I agree except what I saw was the Thai army taking over from the corrupt Thai police which was the other way around when Thai govs were in control.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Interesting some of the best pizza I have had has been here.  Not the chain shops, but some smaller independent places with stone/wood fire make great pizza I think.

I think Thailand does have many restaurants serving great Western food... the problem is you have to "kiss a lot of frogs" during your search.  Having lived in Canada/US most of my life, I would stop looking for better restaurants once I found places that were good enough.  In Thailand it often takes longer to find food/service that I classify as good enough.

I guess that may be one of my top 5 frustrations with life in Thailand.  

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

7. The heat. 

Do you find it gets/feels worse with age? (I assume you have been here a while. I apologise if that's not the case) For me, I feel it's warm every day; I don't really notice the difference between 30, 35, or 40°C though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

90 day reporting.

Different branches of IO offices making up their own rules.

Ditto Banks.

The Thai addiction to noise.

The many bad habits of Thai drivers and motorbike riders.

Here's another one. Soldiers who think they are politicians.

1.  Pollution, seas, and Air pollution, (location dependent), but impossible to escape, countrywide.  Some areas a solid 6 months, others, 2 ish months, & mostly < 100 AQI

2. Limited pet friendly hotels

3, Most Thai food at restaurants, so lots of home cooking 

4. Stores stock a little of everything,  but not everything of anything

5. Noise pollution

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Hate is a strong word.  A few things that are annoying.

But, this should be a great thread for those who hate their lives and just about everything and everyone in it.

There’s a lot of hate decimation on the forum, this is just another unhappy hate congregating thread????????????

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I have lived here for years and still say that most Thais are stupid. Have made attempts to learn the language but put off because of the stupid tones.

If the Thai language was normal like the French, Spanish etc, I would be proficient in it by now.

If everyone recall their grandparents time and the people around back then, or for instance look at comments in here, or in social media, you will see how common stupidity was back in time and now also. How simple most people are when discussing or talking about issues they know nothing about. They understand the surface of it, but no dept seen or heard anywhere. 

Everyone base their experiences on their perspective and experiences only, and not willing to take in, there is more to every issue they think they are a master of.

Especially here in thailand where noboy have been in a thais shoes, and how their life have been, or is in the exact moment! 

Shallowness at its best and ignorant.

Not specified especially at you, but you where the last one to reply to this tread in such manner.

I have travelled country side in many countries, and Im not going to single out any specific country or place, but Rednecks is a common phenomenon in every country.

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I have lived here for years and still say that most Thais are stupid.

It’s nice you can come here and express your discomfort and prejudices. I suppose some really enjoy being miserable and reflecting it.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, novacova said:

There’s a lot of hate decimation on the forum, this is just another unhappy hate congregating thread????????????

That's what this forum lives on now.  It wasn't always like this. Frankly, I'm not sure why I bother with most of the posts.  Come to think of it, I do ignore most of them. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1