Intoxicated Russian Man Damaging Multiple Cars Stopped by Phuket Police Using Tasers

webfact

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Last month I went to see a friend who live in a condo here in Phuket and there was this couple with a load of luggage they looked Russian being the gentleman I am I was holding the doors open for them, with the little bit of Russian I can speak they tell me they are Ukrainians, I think they picked the wrong condo project to stay in it's full of Russians, ok no problem for me, so we get to the lift I let them in first then a Russian guy also walks into the lift they must have known he was Russian as they stood with their backs to him and the Russian was glaring at them, Im stood in the middle of them, Im to old for this <deleted> the lift stopped on the second floor I got out better I wait for the next one, 

I don't see any hostility between Russians and Ukrainians. They speak the same language and seem to get along. Most of the Russians here don't like Putin. 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Pinot said:

I don't see any hostility between Russians and Ukrainians. They speak the same language and seem to get along. Most of the Russians here don't like Putin. 

Russians cannot speak Ukrainian, but most Ukrainians can speak Russian, there has been trouble around boat lagoon 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

I think the least Russians could do is to behave. They should be grateful Thailand is welcoming to them. British are rowdy only when they are drunk, Russians are built differently regardless of state. I have come across a handful of good ones, but that's because they just want to sleep with me. ????????‍♀️????????

Were they a handful?

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Last month I went to see a friend who live in a condo here in Phuket and there was this couple with a load of luggage they looked Russian being the gentleman I am I was holding the doors open for them, with the little bit of Russian I can speak they tell me they are Ukrainians, I think they picked the wrong condo project to stay in it's full of Russians, ok no problem for me, so we get to the lift I let them in first then a Russian guy also walks into the lift they must have known he was Russian as they stood with their backs to him and the Russian was glaring at them, Im stood in the middle of them, Im to old for this <deleted> the lift stopped on the second floor I got out better I wait for the next one, 

I think you might be a chip short of a butty. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I do not think it is a sense of entitlement. I think it is a reflection of the current culture. It was destroyed over a century of callous and murderous leadership. Stalin, Lenin, Khruschev, now Putin. They have become somewhat savage and crude. No grace, no finesse, no courtesy. Rather uncivilized. 

They do seem to expect better treatment than anyone else - the "Do you know who/what I am?" attitude! 

However, it does seem to have mellowed a bit since their leadership has dragged them into a war not of their choosing, and they are here to a certain extent "under sufferance" trying to escape it. They certainly seem to be a bit quieter than they used to be - or maybe my sense of hearing is getting worse!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just another of the quality tourists that Thailand attracts. We see similar reports several times a week.

Congratulations on the Quality Tourist line, thought it would have been missed for a change.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

I have played tennis with many Russians, all nice guys.

I did the border run to Cambodia, only farang in the van. All young Russians, once again all nice people. 
I think you should all be careful in demonizing all Russians because of one sorry drunken bum. Give him the benefit of doubt as he may well be avoiding Putin’s war and just drank to much. Who amongst us here wants to go off to war fighting people very similar to Russians?

Older Russians grew up in a dark country with very few freedoms and the KGB. They learned not to trust anybody or end up in prison. Understandably they don’t look very happy when away from the nightmare of Putin world.

Lets cut them some slack people.

I don’t see anybody on here when there are other drunk and abusive farang directing them off to a war, any war.

And before the abuse gets aimed at me, look in the mirror first.

I have met many Russians over the years and if you take notice in the differences, the younger ones now from Moscow are ok speak good English, it's the older one who remember the old USSR they are difficult to deal with, if you lived in minus 30 degrees you would be miserable 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sumongkhwai said:

How about the guy that did his best "Superman" off Wat Chalong? He didn't stick the landing, well, he was stuck but in another way.

It's not the flying, it's the last six inches and the sudden stop that's the killer!

• Like 1