Climate change: July set to be world's warmest month on record

Social Media

Iran shuts down for two days because of 'unprecedented heat'

Iran has announced Wednesday and Thursday this week will be public holidays because of "unprecedented heat" and told the elderly and people with health conditions to stay indoors, Iranian state media reported.

Many cities in southern Iran have already suffered from days of exceptional heat. State media reported temperatures had this week exceeded 123 degrees Fahrenheit (51 Celsius) in the southern city of Ahvaz.

https://news.yahoo.com/iran-shuts-down-two-days-114825293.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Phoenix officially records hottest month ever, sets national record for July 2023

July 2023 will go down in the history book as the hottest month ever in Phoenix and the hottest month ever recorded in a US city, according to the state’s climatologist.

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/08/01/phoenix-officially-records-hottest-month-ever-sets-national-record-july-2023/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Southern, mostly red states, are going to suffer extreme heat, if not the greatest effects of climate change, first. That should be a wake up call to any climate change denying GOP politicians going forward. Ya'll gotta get elected you know.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scott said:

Phoenix officially records hottest month ever, sets national record for July 2023

July 2023 will go down in the history book as the hottest month ever in Phoenix and the hottest month ever recorded in a US city, according to the state’s climatologist.

https://www.azfamily.com/2023/08/01/phoenix-officially-records-hottest-month-ever-sets-national-record-july-2023/

It's always somewhere else isn;'t it?

Funny that.

Bit like covid.  Millions died, just none of the thousands that I know.

Edited by ICU Kid
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Scott said:

What is astonishing to me is that people are still moving in great numbers to the Southwest. Maybe the brutal heat recorded in this season might finally start to deter people from making the move?

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What is astonishing to me is that people are still moving in great numbers to the Southwest. Maybe the brutal heat recorded in this season might finally start to deter people from making the move?

Maybe they all want to turn to death or, more likely it's nonsense cooked up by the media as per usual

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, ICU Kid said:

Maybe they all want to turn to death or, more likely it's nonsense cooked up by the media as per usual

From the Marxist/Leninists at Foxnews.com:

Phoenix welcomes respite from record-breaking 31-day heatwave as monsoon rains arrive
Heat still forecasted to reach around 110 degrees Fahrenheit later this week

A hellish and historic 31-day run of temperatures cracking 110 degrees in Phoenix appeared headed for a welcome end on Monday, as monsoon rains moved through the region from Mexico.

The relief wasn't all that great — the day's highs were forecast near 108 degrees, or about 42 Celsius — and the heat was expected to rise past 110 again later in the week. But residents and visitors were taking what they could get.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/phoenix-welcomes-respite-record-breaking-31-day-heatwave-monsoon-rains-arrive

Edited by metisdead
6. After pasting a reply format the text you have pasted. An easy way to do this is to click the "Paste as plain text instead" option at the bottom of the reply box.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Totally wrong.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2015/12/what-old-weather-reports-dont-reveal-about-climate-change/419850/

And then there are the thermometers themselves. Thermometer enclosures, which shield the temperature sensor from direct sunlight and other sources of radiation, can be wooden or plastic; the variation in materials can, in turn, introduce discrepancies in the results (which some stations in the U.S. discovered firsthand in the 1980s when they switched from traditional enclosures to electronic screens). The instruments are also sensitive to their surroundings: If you measure the temperature on a sunny day versus a cloudy day, direct sunlight on the thermometer will record a higher temperature, even if the two days are equally warm.

Nonsense, accurate reliable temperature measurement was achieved and has been standard for well over a century.

And the understanding of the impact of measuring conditions is also well established measurement science.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, bignok said:

Better to just put them on ignore. Waste of time explaining science to people who don't understand how the world works.

Says the person who doesn't think rate of change matters.  ????

Sorry, you have to understand science to understand why that's hilarious.

11 hours ago, placeholder said:

People are not moving because of the weather, if they were, they would all move to California. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

People are not moving because of the weather, if they were, they would all move to California. 

Of course people are moving because of the weather. You think the migration of Americans to warmer cliimes in the US is unrelated to weather and climate?

18 hours ago, placeholder said:

It says a lot about your character that you would misleadingly quote me. Here's my comment in full:

"Got any evidence so support that fast a change over the last few million years?  Occasionally there have been catastrophes like asteroids striking the earth. But no valid scientific explanation for the current rapid rise in temperature apart from the effects of greenhouse gasses exists. It's quite a coinicidence that the theory has been right on target in predicting the speed of global warming."

I didn't misleadingly quote you , I merely  wrote what you said . 

That's  got nothing to do with my character ,Right, It's what You said .

Just now, placeholder said:

I got news for you. The moderators deleted your misleading quote. You think they do that just as a caprice?

Well now if that is true then there's not much hope for people that think and believe different then your lot. 

It doesn't matter anyway the world keep on  cycling every so many thousand  years  and nothing man  a change that. Amen

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

Well now if that is true then there's not much hope for people that think and believe different then your lot. 

It doesn't matter anyway the world keep on  cycling every so many thousand  years  and nothing man  a change that. Amen

The only evidence you offer is your disbelief. You've got nothing.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

The only evidence you offer is your disbelief. You've got nothing.

You can put Believe and disbelieve in the same category it's 50/50 right or wrong so no argument what one wont's to believe or Not believe.

57 minutes ago, digger70 said:

You can put Believe and disbelieve in the same category it's 50/50 right or wrong so no argument what one wont's to believe or Not believe.

Sure, That's the way the world works. Anything someone asserts, no matter how little evidence there is to back it up, has a 50% chance of being correct? It is to laugh.

• Like 1

Now, I want All you  People that Blame Mankind for the Climate change and the speed that it changed to  READ THIS OK Don't be Biased

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/whats-hottest-earths-ever-been#:~:text=One of the warmest times,and 250 million years ago. 

I won't comment /Reply to Anyone that has been badgering me about the Natural Phenomenon .

I believe what I believe  You believe what you want to believe .

Have a nice day in the Tropics .

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Sure, That's the way the world works. Anything someone asserts, no matter how little evidence there is to back it up, has a 50% chance of being correct? It is to laugh.

Look at my Last post on this subject. Climate Change. 

Amen

8 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Now, I want All you  People that Blame Mankind for the Climate change and the speed that it changed to  READ THIS OK Don't be Biased

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/whats-hottest-earths-ever-been#:~:text=One of the warmest times,and 250 million years ago. 

I won't comment /Reply to Anyone that has been badgering me about the Natural Phenomenon .

I believe what I believe  You believe what you want to believe .

Have a nice day in the Tropics .

Did you actually read the article? It ties these extremely high temperatures to high levels of CO2. Anyway, thanks for undermining your own case.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/29/2023 at 2:34 PM, pub2022 said:

The rest of the world is heating faster than the rest of the world!

FzBGfPTX0AElZiS(1).jpg

FzBGeSwX0AcIHIr(1).jpg

TRUE, and there is a mathematical reason. Local papers, papers playing to their region' readers often get to make the quotes shown above. Not stated is that land warms faster than oceans, and ¾ or the planet is ocean. Loss of albedo reflection allows changes in the Arctic to also be at higher than globally average rates.2023047983_Land_OceanSurfaceTempertures.jpg.d70602e53b857d8812c816b17bbceecc.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

The lefty doomsday cultists love all this climate change garbage. It serves multiple purposes for them. Give us all your money in the form of green taxes and we'll redistribute it as we see fit. Stop desiring luxurious items, stop taking holidays, just go to work, pay your taxes to big state and be happy with a cup of lentil soup and a blanket in winter. Meanwhile, we, the adults in the room, will jet around the world to climate conferences and parade ourselves as the literal saviours of the world. Good work, if you can get it.

Thatcher saw it coming a mile off. A true visionary.

image.png.b2e3bac936aa00caf5192d8e00df1a35.png

19 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The lefty doomsday cultists love all this climate change garbage. It serves multiple purposes for them. Give us all your money in the form of green taxes and we'll redistribute it as we see fit. Stop desiring luxurious items, stop taking holidays, just go to work, pay your taxes to big state and be happy with a cup of lentil soup and a blanket in winter. Meanwhile, we, the adults in the room, will jet around the world to climate conferences and parade ourselves as the literal saviours of the world. Good work, if you can get it.

Thatcher saw it coming a mile off. A true visionary.

image.png.b2e3bac936aa00caf5192d8e00df1a35.png

Thank you for your in-depth analysis of the scientific basis of the climate change issue that in no way resembles a politically driven conspiracy theory rant devoid of any actual evidence.

• Thumbs Up 1