If you were looking for a new relationship today what age gap would you aim for and why?

1 hour ago, Jacques Clouseau said:

I dunno.

Should we start with jokes about Jews getting exterminated as well?

Or maybe that's too much? Maybe we should just stick to pedo jokes ?

I'm not in charge here so I couldn't say where the limit of humour is on here.

There is no limit with humour, it's called free speech. Watch Louis CK if you want to see the envelope pushed.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You take care of the old women. Someone has to do it. 

You're just being ignorant and inflammatory now. My wife is 28+ years my junior and we've been together since she was 18. I stated quite clearly in a previous post I would not have another relationship at my age. I did suggest that old people are better off staying single if they find themselves alone.

That's my opinion... now instead of baiting, you might want to try adding something intelligent to the discussion. 

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's up to her.

And it's up to you.

We all make our decisions. And we live with the consequences. That's life. 

It's up to you and it's up to her - that's excellent advice, thank you! You can butt out now as it is not up to you and I don't really need your advice.

My g/f and I are separated by 27 years,  (yes, I am the older one !) . It doesnt seem to be an issue with either of us, although I imagine that it would be for some couples. Perhaps she is older than her years in attitude. I joke with her that she was 30 years old when she was born.  She is educated, which helps, and was a Registered Theatre Nurse before and after we met.  She has never been married and has no children.   I think those things added together are significant in making the relationship work. .  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

Yes being alone is great but what about when you get in your 70s, 80s, 90s? Having a dependable younger partner is great as well, especially in a country where you might not speak the language.

Isn't that called Home Hospice?

I suspect employing a home carer ultimately turns out to be a lot cheaper than marrying said 'carer' who inherits everything you've got 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

There's very good logic to this. At some point in the aging process, I no longer felt my body was up to scratch, and being next to a perfect young body would feel embarrasing to me (if it wasn't my wife). I would feel she is pretending at best... grabbing all that old, wrinkled, loose skin, and especially as I've spent a lifetime working to stay in good shape.

There is something good about being with someone your own age - being able to age gracefully together in the same boat.

I agree, 

I love my wife very much, and she me , as most of us do, and the thought That one day I will pass away before her and leave her along disturbs me. I do wish we were much closer in age. so as you say,"grow old together"  

And of course there are all the other things you mentioned.

Edited by sirineou
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, giddyup said:

There is no limit with humour, it's called free speech. Watch Louis CK if you want to see the envelope pushed.

Actually the limit is usually set by the context (and sometimes, depending on the country, by the law).

You can't do the same kind of jokes at home with your kids, with friends, on a forum and at work.

Well... You can but you could face serious consequences - like getting fired for example.

As for comedians, they are getting paid by their audience for a kind of on-demand humour.

That's a whole difference story of course.

Louis CK could get in trouble for NOT being offensive.

Edited by Jacques Clouseau

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

No sense in starting something that won't last that long.  I'm on borrowed time already.

You seem to be the prefect catch for the thai ladies....they must be lickin their chops...

btw im just hangin on the thread waiting for britman too to post his opinion ????

41 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I choose "or not". I want to be with her and she wants to be with me. I'm thinking of her future, and with me it's not bright, or long. 

She could die tomorrow in a m/c accident.

Hardly anyone dies of old age in Thailand.

As for her wanting to be with you, that's your projection, nobody can know what a woman wants. Often they don't know what they want either.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

My Thai GF is 23 years younger than me. If she was no longer with me, for whatever reason, I very much doubt I would have any desire to develop a new relationship.

I am open-minded on the age gap. When I was a callow youth, an older woman gave me a great sex education.

says the guy who scolds me for sullying our reputation to sex workers and tuk tuk drivers! 555

19 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

My g/f and I are separated by 27 years,  (yes, I am the older one !) . It doesnt seem to be an issue with either of us, although I imagine that it would be for some couples. Perhaps she is older than her years in attitude. I joke with her that she was 30 years old when she was born.  She is educated, which helps, and was a Registered Theatre Nurse before and after we met.  She has never been married and has no children.   I think those things added together are significant in making the relationship work. .  

Everyone's situation is different, and your actual age is a factor too. You said there's a 27 year age gap, but you're not married. That 27 year gap actually widens as you get older, because being the much older person, you'll age MUCH faster than her.

I'll use my situation as an example. My 28 year younger wife still looks 25 years old after being together nearly 20 years. When we first met I was a very healthy looking mid-40's and the gap seemed much smaller back then. I aged much faster than she did. We need to consider our biological age, rather than just the number. People age at different rates.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

You seem to be the prefect catch for the thai ladies....they must be lickin their chops...

btw im just hangin on the thread waiting for britman too to post his opinion ????

Been here 23+ yrs, so had my fair share of GFs & wives.  Also ignore more than my fair share of smile pointed my way.  More than a few wouldn't mind or tried to latch on to me.

Easy to find like minded lasses, no need to pay, well, I don't.  Not being overweight & perched on a barstool has it's advantages.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

She could die tomorrow in a m/c accident.

Hardly anyone dies of old age in Thailand.

As she doesn't spend much time on a motorcycle, and I do, there's a much bigger change of me expiring prematurely due to that cause of death.

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

What does 'socially acceptable' mean?

Allowing people who have nothing to do with you to control what you do using shame.  Choosing to do what they allow you to do, rather than what you want to do or what makes you happy, even when doing so causes them no harm or inconvenience whatsoever.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Everyone's situation is different, and your actual age is a factor too. You said there's a 27 year age gap, but you're not married. That 27 year gap actually widens as you get older, because being the much older person, you'll age MUCH faster than her.

I'll use my situation as an example. My 28 year younger wife still looks 25 years old after being together nearly 20 years. When we first met I was a very healthy looking mid-40's and the gap seemed much smaller back then. I aged much faster than she did. We need to consider our biological age, rather than just the number. People age at different rates.

Sorry mate, but that is total BS. Time is relative, but humans collect years at the same rate here on Earth.  Opinions are like butt holes, we all have them. none are more valid than another.  

Edited by Doctor Tom

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Easy to find like minded lasses, no need to pay, well, I don't. 

I don't! ROFLMAO!

The formula no one seems to have quoted is half the mans age plus five as the suitable age gap in SE Asia! Been that way for an eternity and you don't have to get married to a younger one every five years like the poster who has a limit of 30-35. By the time the woman hits 40 you cannot be bothered to get it up anymore anyway.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I'm 70, my American wife is 60. If I had to replace her, I'd do a 15 year age diff. Nor is 20 out of the question.

Prob not with a Thai woman, tho. But if I'm going native, then more likely 20 years younger than 15.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I don't! ROFLMAO!

The formula no one seems to have quoted is half the mans age plus five as the suitable age gap in SE Asia! Been that way for an eternity and you don't have to get married to a younger one every five years like the poster who has a limit of 30-35. By the time the woman hits 40 you cannot be bothered to get it up anymore anyway.

That's silly, as age is irrelevant.   I've never cared or asked how old someone is when meeting,   

How old they feel or act that matters.  If I acted my age, I'd never be in a relationship with people that I can laugh with.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I'm 70, my American wife is 60. If I had to replace her, I'd do a 15 year age diff. Nor is 20 out of the question.

Prob not with a Thai woman, tho. But if I'm going native, then more likely 20 years younger than 15.

bonus if she makes you a daily grilled cheese?