Just imagine if you were Thai...

bob smith

In Australia we have a great system we have the Liberal party and now the Liberal left(once upon a time was labor.. a real opposition )are in power..neither have any intention of telling the truth or stop selling off public assets and minerals to their mates.or really looking after the general public(all have their heads in the trough)..the whole system is run  by  who are the biggest donators to the party and Corporations rule!..atm Australia could teach corruption!…in the last 10 yrs Thailand has new highways and new train system in Australia we have patched highways and a train that takes 2 hrs to travel 70klm between two larger cities.Once one of the greatest countries in the world to live where most could afford a house (now most cant dream of a house let alone afford rent)has become a whore to the US . The Health System is a total mess Education and literacy going backwards.Possibly more politicians per head per capita than most countries. $5 million express visas to attract all the top criminals in the world, if you are a normal working class you wait and pray..$370 billion to US for nuclear subs which will be 2-3 series old by the time they are received?Well done a great example of how to go backwards.No freedom of speech in our constitution? This is democrazy ? Im married to a Thai and atm shes a lot prouder of her nationality than i am of mine! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

Have you discussed this with your postman yet?

I think you should.

if you see him im still waiting for my "package"  ..says it has been delivered already...getting lonely without my japanese love doll ???? i suspect he swiped it, or customs got to it...:(

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

would you not be embarrassed by whats going on here at the moment politcally?

Not really.  Thais don't really view things that way.  They would feel there is nothing they can do about it, and would not expect direct criticism leading to loss of face anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

I would be ashamed to call myself a Thai at the moment.

The word 'thai' means free apparently.

They cant even get democracy right for god sake.

Just how free are these people really???

Just how free are any of us?

Lets ask Nigel Farage ............

Freedom depends where you are and what you want.

There's stuff I wanted in the UK but couldn't have there, but can have in Thailand.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

My reference to freedom of the press is that they are free from government interference to a fair degree.

No freedom of the press in the UK.

In the 1980s the 'spook' used to sit next to me in the News studio and censor the news as it went out. In  the 1990s I was that guy.

I assume everywhere else in the west ran the same system.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

I would be ashamed to call myself a Thai at the moment.

I think the Thais are used to that, as things here have never been different. Most leaders did enrich themselves while they were in power, had a firm grip of the country as (military) dictators, or both. And the few who didn't, did not last long in power.

IMHO this won't change until the masses are both, better educated and thinking for themselves.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

At the end of the day a card is put infront of you with the person you want to vote for its got F    all to do the press or corruption or who ran the country before. If you dont like who your voting for dont bother turning up to the ballot box, christ you don't even have to write your details down an X will be fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bob smith said:

not women is it by any chance? ????

Nope, warm weather and a decent house that I could afford on my pension.

Along with the freedom to not be picked up and questioned by the police at anytime of the day or night.

• Like 1

Trump says every day that he has the right to hold on to secret papers -that he also swears the FBI planted on him. Both those things cannot be true.

So no, I won't be lording my American wonderfulness over anyone anytime soon.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

my wife is Thai and she just said that your comment is beyond ridiculous. 

now what? should I tell her to keep her nose out too?

I always gotta laugh when the boomers on here refer to the woman they sponsor as their 'wife'. She's only your wife on paper. ????

A 'wife' to me is someone who loves you genuinely, and wants to spend eternity with you. Bob, we know that there probably isn't a woman like that for you in the world, since your company is so miserable.

Your "wife" married you out of convenience and (perceived) foreign wealth. She didn't "marry" you because you're a handsome cassanova, or you're great to be around.

So, you mentioning your "wife" in any capacity on this forum is just going to make many users laugh, because imagining someone genuinely loving Bob Smith, forum drunk / pathological liar, is a funny mental image. Your wife is basically just hired help. 

You sure post a lot of threads that get rated 1 star.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

You read like a "burned member" with above average height, I am sure we are all sorry to read it.......????

Lol not at all, I'm young and never married, and won't get married because I'm not a boomer who willingly reliquinishes all the power in a relationship because I'm desperate for a woman, any woman, to tolerate my presence.

Never been burned by a girl, If anything I do the burning. A lot of one night stands and texting sweet little nothings. Well maybe except 1 who stole a 5-year old ipad from me ???? I wouldn't count that as being burned too badly ????

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Lol not at all, I'm young and never married, and won't get married because I'm not a boomer who willingly reliquinishes all the power in a relationship because I'm desperate for a woman, any woman, to tolerate my presence.

Never been burned by a girl yet except 1 who stole an 5-year old ipad from me ???? 

You're an above average height Vicar or Priest.....?   ????