Just imagine if you were Thai...

bob smith

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Not really.  Thais don't really view things that way.  They would feel there is nothing they can do about it, and would not expect direct criticism leading to loss of face anyway.

Got to agree they just shrug and say always the same

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, a future, above average height old people's home candidate......????

What is this supposed to mean lol? That nobody will be around to take care of me unless I get married? ???? Nice argument bud.

I forgot that to unlock the ability of procreation, you have to get married. I also forgot that girlfriends can't be lifelong partners, nor can they care for their partners when they get sick or old.

You have to get a piece of legal paperwork that says you are partners.

Boomers love affair with marriage while also basically creating the institutions of divorce via the sexual revolution, is always funny. Romanticizing marriage whilst also saying I want to get a divorce ???? 

• Confused 5

2 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

What is this supposed to mean lol? That nobody will be around to take care of me unless I get married? ???? Nice argument bud.

I forgot that to unlock the ability of procreation, you have to get married. I also forgot that girlfriends can't be lifelong partners, nor can they care for their partners when they get sick or old.

You have to get a piece of legal paperwork that says you are partners.

Boomers love affair with marriage while also basically creating the institutions of divorce via the sexual revolution, is always funny. Romanticizing marriage whilst also saying I want to get a divorce ???? 

Oh, so you may sire kids, have a live in lady, and not being married will have no strings.....:whistling:

This is 2023, above average height chap, though in LOS it maybe easier for you......????

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, so you may sire kids, have a live in lady, and not being married will have no strings.....:whistling:

This is 2023, above average height chap, though in LOS it maybe easier for you......????

Lol, ok. Not full of good rebuttals are you?

Again, "not being married will have no strings" you know this how exactly? How do you know that non married couples are not monogamous? Cheating in marriage exists too ???? nice of you for your argument to leave that bit out. "Siring" kids implies illegitimate children with multiple women. Never did I mention that. Nice Strawman.

You keep ascribing marriage magical powers that are just pure delusion. Only guys who get married won't get cheated on. Only guys who get married won't end up alone. We get it bud, you're a baby boomer who has a childlike, romanticized view of marriage as being sacred or something. 

You're just kinda weird too and I'm going to gracefully withdraw from this argument, as you really have no ammunition to speak of.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Lol, ok. Not full of good rebuttals are you?

Again, "not being married will have no strings" you know this how exactly? How do you know that non married couples are not monogamous? Cheating in marriage exists too ???? nice of you for your argument to leave that bit out. "Siring" kids implies illegitimate children with multiple women. Never did I mention that. Nice Strawman.

You keep ascribing marriage magical powers that are just pure delusion. Only guys who get married won't get cheated on. Only guys who get married won't end up alone. We get it bud, you're a baby boomer who has a childlike, romantic, view of marriage as being sacred or something. 

I never said being married had magical powers, you were having a pop at those who get married....????

To me, it reads like you fear something, and to be honest it is you who is being childish, having a go at what most people do because of their feelings for another, marriage....????

• Thumbs Up 1

Very strange idea . Imagine ( for most here) of different race, culture , upbringing ? realistic possibility never ! Same in reverse. if born into a culture as mix race never 100% assimilate by peers. Foreign race ? lol ! Imagine anything is never near reality.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Very strange idea . Imagine ( for most here) of different race, culture , upbringing ? realistic possibility never ! Same in reverse. if born into a culture as mix race never 100% assimilate by peers. Foreign race ? lol ! Imagine anything is never near reality.

you wot m8? 

7 hours ago, bob smith said:

I would be ashamed to call myself a Thai at the moment.

The word 'thai' means free apparently.

They cant even get democracy right for god sake.

Just how free are these people really???

Decided to spend a few days in Krung Thep during the long week end. And honestly, Central world is packed with  hordes of happy friendly Thai folks enjoying their shopping and Japanese food. Absolutely so sign of the shame nor bitterness you believe they should feel. To be honest I have no idea what you are talking about.  While I agree that that the political situation is appalling I reckon that the Thai folks have their way to tell "eff u" to the people in power. 

• Confused 3

On 7/29/2023 at 2:34 PM, BangkokHank said:

Seriously? Is that really your only issue with the current state of American "democracy" - that people protested against a blatantly stolen election? What about the fact that a totally senile puppet was installed in place of the man who was actually elected? Does that not bother you?

Obviously you did not want to believe all the legal test cases that found the election result true and fair. But you are not alone, and that is what worries much of the rest of the world. Idiot Trump is like the Pied Piper and we all know what happened to his brainless followers.   

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2023 at 1:15 PM, bbko said:

Just out of curiosity, what country are you from?

Cause IMO politics are joke in many countries, and I'm from the US where our democracy just went through a coup attempt.

I like that... A coup attempt with 1 or 2 guns. ???????? ???????? ???????? ????????
No armies, just a few flags and misguided people.  Roused up by undercover feds. (and a few misguided wanted to be patriots)

On 7/29/2023 at 1:29 PM, digbeth said:

Don't start, usually when you vote you should have some idea of who would be the prime minister should your party won,  how many voters in the UK's last general election can envision the current and previous prime ministers they have now? 

A man of Indian descent as PM of the UK. In Scotland a Muslim as First Minister, That's worse than an unelected soldier.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2023 at 2:01 PM, simon43 said:

You have democracy?!!  Please don't make me split my sides with laughter.  IMHO almost all politicians in all political parties in all countries are corrupt and self-serving.  In many 'so-called democracies, the corruption and fraud is well-hidden but it's there.  At least countries like Thailand, Cambodia etc don't try to hide their corruption ????

At least countries like Thailand, Cambodia etc don't try to hide their corruption ????  That's only because they don't have the brains to hide it.

On 7/29/2023 at 1:33 PM, Woof999 said:

Not perfect, but it can only last a maximum of 4 years. That's probably better than 4 general elections in the same time period.

the downside to British democracy, is that the equivalent of the senate, viz the House of Lords, is NOT subject to re-election every 4 years BUT it is a lifetime occupancy, formerly by birthright but now by appointment. How is that democratic? Perhaps that's where Thailand got the idea of appointing it's senators.

On 7/29/2023 at 1:05 PM, bob smith said:

Honestly, I thought american politics was bad but this lot take the cake.

I thin US politics is much worse, look at the two candidates they have running and all the shenanigans there! 

• Confused 1

On 7/29/2023 at 2:42 PM, sirineou said:

Yes but perhaps but not as much as if I was American (which I am) or British 

Which by the grace of god I am not :tongue:

Can you spot the Brits in this reply?

image.png.026d9b01a4f92cfbb05d91e97f6bcffb.png

Don't blame them I would be sad too ????

Sense of humored PEOPLE!!!  as displayed by  the tongue in cheek emoji after it.

I respect the British people just as much as everyone else. Of course you might ask , how much do you respect everyone else?

I refuse to answerer on the grounds that I might cause additional sadness ????

Again , sense of humor!!  Notice I included myself in the people that should be embarrassed by their goverment. We make the Thais look like a walk in the park. At least they are honest about it. 

PS: I fully expect to get more sad emojis for this post. ????

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Can you spot the Brits in this reply?

image.png.026d9b01a4f92cfbb05d91e97f6bcffb.png

Don't blame them I would be sad too ????

Sense of humored PEOPLE!!!  as displayed by  the tongue in cheek emoji after it.

I respect the British people just as much as everyone else. Of course you might ask , how much do you respect everyone else?

I refuse to answerer on the grounds that I might cause additional sadness ????

Again , sense of humor!!  Notice I included myself in the people that should be embarrassed by their goverment. We make the Thais look like a walk in the park. At least they are honest about it. 

PS: I fully expect to get more sad emojis for this post. ????

I can't give emojis ???? 

22 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I can't give emojis ???? 

With 28592 posts under your belt, surely  you realise that you have used up your free  allotment of emojis and need to purchase more, 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

With 28592 posts under your belt, surely  you realise that you have used up your free  allotment of emojis and need to purchase more, 

But I never used ONE for the first 10 years or so! 

• Haha 1