New Thailand Elite Visa packages from September 15th ?

6 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

A couple of threads back I envisioned +50% price increases and was made a laughing stock. I even was told the program was failing. 

+400% increase on the 20 year. Wow! 

If they keep the same standard of increase for Visa O we would have 4 million to deposit in the bank.

Applied this morning for the "Reserve" option and ready to wire 5,000.000 Baht.

Just got email saying: Dear Sir, we are sorry to inform that on this occasion, we are not able to accept your membership request as we are inundated with requests from Scheina, Ruskylandia and Indialand.

We put you on our waiting list which stands at the moment at 67,498

Kind regards,

Dreamlandfactory 

(just joking).

• Haha 2

Lets take a look at the new prices....And lets just forget about all the silly privilege points nonsense....That most people dont give a rats azz about...

Revamped Membership Tiers:

* Reserve Card: By invitation only at THB 5M, it offers a visa validity of 20 years, 

* Diamond Card: Priced at THB 2.5M, with a visa validity of 15 years

* Platinum Card: At THB 1.5M, offers a visa validity of 10 years*

Gold Card: This membership card, at THB 900K, ensures a 5-year visa 

Reserve card.....20 years cost ....5 million baht....

Dimond card ...you could buy 30 years for 5 million if you could re buy at the same price

Platinum.....you could buy 33.3 years for 5 million if you could re buy at the same price

Gold...you could buy about 27.5 years for 5 million if you could re buy at the same price

This is not the way value works in the market place...

For most things if you buy more of some thing you get it at a cheaper price per unit.....

The above pricing turns value on its head....

Where if you buy less you get better value??

Can anyone explain this??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I got my upgrade application in already and it's going through the approval process to convert a 5 year membership into a 20 year membership for 500k Baht.

So for me that's it - I'll take the additional 15 years assuming it's approved and after that I'm done with them - I'll be in my mid 60's by then anyway.

I have a feeling these packages won't last too long anyway and there will be big changes again inside the next year or two.

Edited by ukrules

27 minutes ago, K2938 said:

Yes, just not sure if the "quality" will really increase.  The people with money will switch to the LTR visa and among those who will still go for Thai Elite at the new hugely inflated prices will probably be a lot of shady characters who have no problems paying the amount, but want to avoid the scrutiny of the LTR visa

I doubt they actually care if people are involved in shady dealings as long as they pay up. Recent events was just a convenient excuse to jack up prices

4 minutes ago, farangbuffalo said:

I doubt they actually care if people are involved in shady dealings as long as they pay up. Recent events was just a convenient excuse to jack up prices

Appears Chinese nationals will have a less stringent background check with the new packages.  I'm assuming other nationalities didn't have to have their name routed thru Interpol so maybe the background check for all nationalities will now be the same.

https://www.thailandelitevisas.com/thailand-privilege-introduced-new-elite-visa-packages/

image.png.4e6bfe6c85eb2dd7f4ca6b393768a1ea.png

If they wanted to raise prices 20% 30%  ok , fair enough but to raise the 20 year by 400% ?? These people have gone mad......I mean like "One who flew over the Cuckoo's nest" nuts......

Can you imagine buying a Starbucks coffee for 130 baht one day, and the next day the same coffee cost 650 baht.....lol.........Even the hardcore Starbucks sheeple would give Starbucks the middle finger.....

Maybe these are not the real prices.....Maybe they are just sending out a few trial balloons to test the response...

Edited by redwood1

I was planning on getting the 20 year next year. But going from $32k to $143k scuttles that plan.

Based on pricing per year being lower on the smaller visas they are trying to commit to less years while asking for more money. I hope the market punishes them harshly. I think it will not. My guess is many wealthy Chinese will happily pay for 5, 10 and 15 year visas at the higher price points.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What exactly are most people paying for?

Is it just so you don't have to got to immigration once a year?

Is it for the limousine from the airport?

I'm totally confused why anyone would pay these ridiculous prices.

I get the first-class lounge, due to a credit card I use and frankly it sucks. 

Most people I know that don't fulfil immigration requirements pay the 'under the table fee'  of 15,000 baht a year. 5 years of that is only 75,000 baht against 900,000. 

Can't the people buying these 'privilege' visa see they are being ripped off?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/21/2023 at 6:42 AM, Mike Teavee said:

The only time I can recall anybody reporting an overstay on TE was the guy who overstayed by > 90 days & was given a 1 year ban but his Visa was still valid so he could return to Thailand after the 1 year had passed though he'd effectively lost 1 year of the (IIRC) 5 year Visa. 

Are you saying that you can pay 900k baht for a 5 year visa but still need to do the 1 year extensions? Surely not. 

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Are you saying that you can pay 900k baht for a 5 year visa but still need to do the 1 year extensions? Surely not. 

Thats exactly how it works...  'nearly'.

I have lifetime membership and am issued a 5 Year S.E. Visa every 5 years. 

I need to undertake an extension of stay every 90 days which is utterly ridiculous. 

This hasn't bothered me in 15 years because I travel too much and have only ever been her longer than 90 days twice - but at some point it will (I can stay here for life, but I have to extend every 90 days !!! go figure the logic !)

I think those with a 5 year membership are issued a 1 Year P.E. Visa which needs renewal (and extension) every year - Again, utterly ridiculous.

It astonishes me, that even when 'creating' such a system as Thai Elite, Immigration still manage to weaken the quality with ridiculous and utterly unnecessary rules. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats exactly how it works...  'nearly'.

I have lifetime membership and am issued a 5 Year S.E. Visa every 5 years. 

I need to undertake an extension of stay every 90 days which is utterly ridiculous. 

This hasn't bothered me in 15 years because I travel too much and have only ever been her longer than 90 days twice - but at some point it will (I can stay here for life, but I have to extend every 90 days !!! go figure the logic !)

I think those with a 5 year membership are issued a 1 Year P.E. Visa which needs renewal (and extension) every year - Again, utterly ridiculous.

It astonishes me, that even when 'creating' such a system as Thai Elite, Immigration still manage to weaken the quality with ridiculous and utterly unnecessary rules. 

Now I'm totally confused why anyone would ever buy one of these things. 

I see how it can help someone, like yourself, who is travelling in and out a few times a year.  but you have to go to immigration every 90 days is bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Now I'm totally confused why anyone would ever buy one of these things. 

I see how it can help someone, like yourself, who is travelling in and out a few times a year.  but you have to go to immigration every 90 days is bizarre. 

For many single people of younger than retirement age, it's the only viable means by which to remain here.

Note: The 5 year membership, which is the most common, involves a yearly extension - so the immigration leg work is no more than a regular Non-Imm extension (with easier paperwork) - 90 day reports are still required as they are for anyone else. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

For many single people of younger than retirement age, it's the only viable means by which to remain here.

Note: The 5 year membership, which is the most common, involves a yearly extension - so the immigration leg work is no more than a regular Non-Imm extension (with easier paperwork) - 90 day reports are still required as they are for anyone else. 

I thought those agents, that people keep telling me are legal, can give you a visa for volunteering, studying etc. 

47 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is it just so you don't have to got to immigration once a year?

Is it for the limousine from the airport?

I'm totally confused why anyone would pay these ridiculous prices.

I get the first-class lounge, due to a credit card I use and frankly it sucks. 

Most people I know that don't fulfil immigration requirements pay the 'under the table fee'  of 15,000 baht a year. 5 years of that is only 75,000 baht against 900,000. 

Can't the people buying these 'privilege' visa see they are being ripped off?

It's the only completely legal option for people under 50 to stay here long term without any hassle. Worth every baht I spent on it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is it immigration that sells these things or a private company? 

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I thought those agents, that people keep telling me are legal, can give you a visa for volunteering, studying etc. 

There have been various crackdowns over the years, so for anyone under the age of 50 years, the Elite visa is a hassle-free option. But yes, the price is now getting ridiculous for what it offers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Caldera said:

There have been various crackdowns over the years, so for anyone under the age of 50 years, the Elite visa is a hassle-free option. But yes, the price is now getting ridiculous for what it offers.

Crackdowns by immigration? That would be weird as it is them that gain by those 'agents'. 

Unless...they are getting more from the Elite thing.

It's a sad state of affairs when a country's immigration is run like this for profit. 

So basically, anyone can stay here for 20 years if they have enough money?

Edited by Neeranam

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is it immigration that sells these things or a private company? 

It's the Thailand Privilege Card Company Ltd which is a "state enterprise" under the Ministry of Tourism & Sports and the Tourism Authority of Thailand. 

image.png.ce89e6d83b3a0934ceb4c4f13ed0a45d.png

1 minute ago, Pib said:

It's the Thailand Privilege Card Company Ltd which is a "state enterprise" under the Ministry of Tourism & Sports and the Tourism Authority of Thailand. 

image.png.ce89e6d83b3a0934ceb4c4f13ed0a45d.png

I see, thanks. So I guess it's that Ministry that are cracking down on the agents, well the ones giving vias to under 50s. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I see, thanks. So I guess it's that Ministry that are cracking down on the agents, well the ones giving vias to under 50s. 

Elite visa agents (officially known as General Sales and Support Agents) which are under contract with the Thailand Privilege Company (TPC) do not give/issue visas.   

The GSSA only acts as a middleman between the applicant and TPC...like a hand-holder, a guide, question answerer, a salesman, etc.   Whenever an applicant is approved by the TPC for a Elite visa the applicant's GSSA earns a 10-15% commission....a slice of the Elite visa fee.    Example: a Bt1M Elite visa would earn a GSSA a Bt100K to Bt150K commission.   GSSAs also use sub-agents to help round-up Elite visa applicants. 

This very healthy commission is a key driver in finding many websites and Youtube videos talking very highly of Elite visas as these websites/Youtubers are trying to get a person to apply thru them as a GSSA or sub-agent.  When a applicant applies directly with the TPC (which is a very simple process) the TPC does not have to pay any commission as no GSSA was involved.    Whether applying directly to TPC or via a TPC GSSA does not change the Elite price paid by the applicant.  

image.png.6c2fb02565cf0baa8ab28c817f2b2be1.png

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Crackdowns by immigration? That would be weird as it is them that gain by those 'agents'. 

Unless...they are getting more from the Elite thing.

It's a sad state of affairs when a country's immigration is run like this for profit. 

So basically, anyone can stay here for 20 years if they have enough money?

They usually do "crackdowns" when there are allegations of some kind of corruption brought to light so they can save face but there will always be agents who still benefit even during them or shortly after things die down. I'd be surprised if there are many countries in the world where you can't stay endlessly somehow if you have enough money. 

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

There are (or were) multiple markets. Most Westerners bought it for the visa (long term certainty and simplicity). For those who bought the 20-year Thailand Elite for 1,000,000 baht, there is peace of mind of knowing that you can stay problem free in Thailand for a couple of decades without worrying about changing rules for visas and extensions. I personally seriously considered it as I do not qualify for the LTR-WP visa.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, redwood1 said:

f they wanted to raise prices 20% 30%  ok , fair enough but to raise the 20 year by 400% ?? These people have gone mad......I mean like "One who flew over the Cuckoo's nest" nuts.....

That is incorrect. Yes there was a bare-bones 1M 20 year package. But comparing apples with apples, the old 20 year package with all the privileges was 2M baht. The replacement for that package is now 5M baht, which is "only" a 150% increase, not 400%.

Edited by Tuvoc

14 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

That is incorrect. Yes there was a bare-bones 1M 20 year package. But comparing apples with apples, the old 20 year package with all the privileges was 2M baht. That is now 5M baht, which is "only" a 150% increase, not 400%.

This is making the original packages a bargain.

5 Million Baht for 20 years.... and invitation only. 

Otherwise the best is 15 years for 2.5 million. 

Options are: 

5 years for 900,000 baht (180,000 Baht/year)

10 years for 1,500,000 baht (150,000 Baht/year)

15 years for 2,500,000 baht (166,666 Baht/year)

20++ years for 5,000,000 baht (250,000 Baht/year)

Those who have the original if they wanted to transfer the value just went up !!...

For example: I have life-time, full perks, membership which can be transferred to 30 years.

Thats worth 4.5 million baht (when making a direct comparison with the 'relative' cheapest option of 10 years) - and still cheaper than the 5MB option and 10 years more !!!

I can't help but consider the 'new prices' is a death knell and Thai Elite are about to kill their own business. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2