Pattaya Man Fined 1,000 Baht for Punching South Korean Live Streamer, Live Streamer Fined As Well

webfact

4 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Not your choice when you're out in public. Best is to just ignore it and move as causing a scene about it will guarantee that you will be featured.

Who says I cause a scene.....

People are obsessed with getting video content to post these days.... 30 people would film you dying before the ambulance gets there. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seems as if no one actually watched the video. It wasn’t just one person who punched him, it was two. Blue shirt(who was out of the video frame) first and after the Korean walked away, orange shirt punched him in the head from behind. But it was blue shirt who struck first. 

58 minutes ago, SportRider said:

There are some falang video YouTubers that are entertaining and informative, and also respectful - asking if it's ok to record.

But, there are also 'faceless' YouTubers that *secretly* record, following girls and couples around the streets.   One is often recording and posting videos from Soi Buakow...  But it is covert - the people don't know they are being recorded.  They seem to ignore the camera...ie don't know there is one.

A focal point is the 7-11 close by to the upstairs gym.

Looking at the camera angle, it seems as though from waist height. Or maybe the height of a wheelchair...

Does anyone know who is making these videos and what kind of hidden camera rig they have?

I find them disrespectful and distasteful.

You seem to know a lot about them though! :laugh:

1 hour ago, BTB1977 said:

Being in public means anyone may look at you and  see you. So at any given time depending on how crowded it is a thousand people my look in your direction and see you.  It's called being in the public. If you get upset about that you would be fighting hundreds of people every day. There is no reasonable privacy in a public place. How stupid are people in public to get butt hurt because someone saw them. 

Thai law has a different opinion

16 minutes ago, jvs said:

A restaurant is a privately owned place,not public.

OK, Let's say you went for a walk along the beach with your lovely wife afterwards and sat under a tree to watch the sunset. I stood a couple of metres in front of you, got my tripod/camera out and recorded your conversation for 20 minutes. Then posted it on YouTube for my thousands of followers to watch.

OK with that? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

Should be able to negotiate some sort of group discount, along the lines of "punch 3 get 2 free"

BTW is there any crowdfunding for the one who punched the jerk?

Maybe a happy hour where you can Punch as many as you can.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, redwood1 said:

So it only cost 1,000 baht ro punch someone in the face?....Thats what I call good a value.....So for 5 people it would only cost me 5,000 baht....Sweet....

Or 5 punches to the same person unless tha still counts as 1,000 baht

Edited by kwak250

Time to start a "Go Fund Me Reserve" to protect anyone that punches any a-hole filming other people.

Simples.

You film me or my family etc without asking, expect you and your camera to come off 2nd best.

And I am a passive guy normally.

Tossers????????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Garbage. 

The facts were...

Thai fined B1,000

Foreign tourist fined B1,000 also.

Nope, there were two Thais. Only one got fined. They’ll be sharing the costs if they pay at all. Korean has to pay 1000 baht on his own. 

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

So if you went to a restaurant with your wife to celebrate her birthday and I sat at the next table openly filming you as you ate and talked, recording your actions and your conversation for the duration of your stay there, then posted it on YouTube afterwards you'd be fine with that because it's a public place?

Agreed. It is quite simple.

Put your f***g camera away.

Pervert.????????

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Tough.  Don't go out in public.

Lol.  So philosophical... ????

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You'll be videoed by thousands of cameras anyway, even if you don't see them.

And do they all livestream???

• Like 1