Nirun Condo low class ??

georgegeorgia

41 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I bet that BMW is still parked there in the carpark with dirt n dust all over it !!!

Surely there must be residents of Nirun on here ???

When I lived there a lot of the guys did not seem like they owned computers or had recent cell phones. Or if they did it was some old model that they did not really use unless just for calls.

The guys seemed too out of it to post ???? or be technologically literate however stupid that sounds. It was like old guys who were kind of confused and not real with it.

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

What about the nice beach and water, lack of crowds and cheap condo’s by the water???

I could care less if 70 year old expats are playing golf somewhere if I’m not around. I don’t want to be around “expats that fit my profile”. I want a nice beach with hardly anyone around, a nice cheap condo and ample food and necessities within walking distance.

Do you think such places don’t exist around here? You have to look for yourself to find what suits you; just as others don’t wish to invite the crowds to their space, there is no reason to tell you about it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

What about the nice beach and water, lack of crowds and cheap condo’s by the water???

I could care less if 70 year old expats are playing golf somewhere if I’m not around. I don’t want to be around “expats that fit my profile”. I want a nice beach with hardly anyone around, a nice cheap condo and ample food and necessities within walking distance.

I must not have explained myself well, sorry. Probably because of my poor English.

What I wanted to say is that Hua Hin is a VERY boring place, which can only be suitable for very old people who get up early, go play golf, have coffee on a small terrace in the afternoon, have a light dinner anywhere and then they go to bed early.

Anyway, for that kind of life I would prefer the Portuguese Algarve, and that will probably be my next stop when I feel too old for the life I do right now of traveling, diving, going to restaurants and exploring Asian countries.

My wife and I tried Hua Hin, because then it was the hot destination for Bangkok people for holidays and long weekends, but after a week we were bored to death and didn't know what to do anymore.

Now all the people from Bangkok that we know prefer to go to Pattaya on weekends: livelier, closer to Bangkok, better connected and there are usually activities every weekend (music festivals, fireworks, jet ski races, vegetarian festival,...).

Edited by Espanol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

if foreign quota not available, getting condo in thai name or company name gets you the booby prize 

We always try to buy in foreign quota and, normally, we would not break the rule.  But, sometimes you can get away with it and not end up with the 'booby prize'.   A desirable project is a desirable project.  The last Pattaya condo my partner and I owned was at Northshore.  Foreign quota at Northshore is long gone but the project remains desirable and in demand.  Location, location, location, with very little in the way of competition from other seaview condo projects at that prime area. 

We wanted to live there so we bought in Thai name.   When we decided to switch gears a couple years later and buy a house on the Darkside, we were able to find a buyer and make a profit on the condo.   Foreign quota condos do generally sell for higher prices at Northshore, and other projects where FQ is full, but we got a lower price when we initially bought because our condo was not in foreign quota and needed some work, so we were still able to make a profit.  

1 hour ago, newnative said:

We always try to buy in foreign quota and, normally, we would not break the rule.  But, sometimes you can get away with it and not end up with the 'booby prize'.   A desirable project is a desirable project.  The last Pattaya condo my partner and I owned was at Northshore.  Foreign quota at Northshore is long gone but the project remains desirable and in demand.  Location, location, location, with very little in the way of competition from other seaview condo projects at that prime area. 

We wanted to live there so we bought in Thai name.   When we decided to switch gears a couple years later and buy a house on the Darkside, we were able to find a buyer and make a profit on the condo.   Foreign quota condos do generally sell for higher prices at Northshore, and other projects where FQ is full, but we got a lower price when we initially bought because our condo was not in foreign quota and needed some work, so we were still able to make a profit.  

Problem is many people make mistakes, maybe buy in girlfriends name, then there's the illegal Thai company, they usually aren't aware of the yearly accounting fees and the tax liability when the company closes

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

When I lived there a lot of the guys did not seem like they owned computers or had recent cell phones. Or if they did it was some old model that they did not really use unless just for calls.

The guys seemed too out of it to post ???? or be technologically literate however stupid that sounds. It was like old guys who were kind of confused and not real with it.

Your probably right ,they are too drunk or not technically advanced to post here.

Well at least we know that the residents of Nirun are not readers here .

13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Your probably right ,they are too drunk or not technically advanced to post here.

Who are you to be so condescending? The proven liar thinks he's so far above others in Pattaya

Edited by Pattaya57

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Is there anyone here who lives in Nirun?

Please show yourself. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Please let us know how your getting on and if you need any help or assistance? We have people who can help you get nutritious food, medical care and get to hospital appointments if you need it.

We are here to help you. 

• Haha 2

On 8/2/2023 at 6:48 AM, NextG said:

Rooms aren’t expensive monthly in Hua Hin. But then you’d have to look around to find your perfect spot. It’s not going to jump out at you; you’d need to make an effort. 

I saw a Youtube channel where a guy was visiting condos in Hua Hin. 

There's some stuff on Youtube ... might save you some time. 

15 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I saw a Youtube channel where a guy was visiting condos in Hua Hin. 

There's some stuff on Youtube ... might save you some time. 

Why are you quoting me? I’m not looking. JimTripper…

11 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Where exactly is Nirun Condo ? I'm not thinking of downgrading from my palatial abode, I just don't want to accidently stray into the hood and get car-jacked by a desperate gang of vest-less Chang'ed up OAP's.

It’s in an area that the Aussies made their own. Though COVID-19 might have thinned things out a bit. In the past, some weren’t too bothered about the size of the rooms, as they saw it as just a place to sleep, rather than a place to live. In addition, the rooms were probably still a step up from the rooms their companion might have had; so their companions might have preferred to stay with them for a longer time, instead of back to a hot shared fan room. Things have changed somewhat since then. 
Though of course a lot of new builds have equally small spaces; in some cases even smaller. Obviously good enough for some. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I used to have a pic of an dead end staircase in the tower building with an old dirty toilet seat at the bottom. I lived in Nirun for a month in an AirBNB one time. I lost the picture, but the seat is probably still there. I will take a pic and post if I go buy there. If it's still there it would be a year or two. I wonder who owns Nirun some Chinese company or Thai? Not sure if they care about defamation, probably not. When I lived there the dark hallways were pretty errie with all the locked metal security grates on the apartment doors. Made me wonder about the possibility of fire. Would probably not make it out if there was a lot of smoke on the higher floors. Had it been any other country I would be careful in the hallways, but since it's Thailand was not worried about personal safety.

Now, I did not mind much being there in that I was leaving in a month with a firm exit date. However, if I'm stuck there long term I would need to get right with God a bit and dig in.

My room in fact had a great view as it was on a high floor facing the sea, but if you slip on that balcony your a gonner, no chance of survival if you fall off.

My neighbor was some european guy who used to bbq on his small balcony with a hibatchi type deal. Always had his shirt off in boxers, etc. looked pretty low class to me. some guy scraping by on a small pension. i wonder if he's still there???

"I wonder who owns Nirun some Chinese company or Thai?"

Huge Thai company, Several similar but larger Nirun developments around.  A Thai friend lives in one in Prawat, near Mega BangNa outside of Bangkok.  In this case, 10 buildings with units that are exactly the same as the Pattaya location.  She pays B2200/Mo. for rent.   Definetly working class.  Dingy,

poorly lit hallways, a lot of vacant units. Some 29 sm units for sale for less than B250,000. 

7 hours ago, NextG said:

It’s in an area that the Aussies made their own.

20 years ago I had a mate who owned a few condos in Nirun, he was making quite a good earnings from mostly Brits who lived there.

I haven't been in there for a decade, there was an Aussie bar opposite Nirun around 10 years ago, great atmosphere, swimming pool, cheap food and drinks which probably attracted the Aussies to Nirun.

8 hours ago, kinyara said:

I just don't want to accidently stray into the hood and get car-jacked by a desperate gang of vest-less Chang'ed up OAP's.

Don't be concerned about crime, it's much worse in Australia.

Nirun is a similar setup to that of view talay 1 and 2.

Guys just want to drink local (lots of bars downstairs) get drunk, then stumble upstairs and sleep it off then start it all again the next day. You see the occasional argument and fights between these drunk expats, quite comical.

These elderly, unfit, fat, drunk, expats fighting like school boys in the playground.

It's not for me, sadly there are lots of lonely foreigners here, not me I have a large family and many close friends.

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Cricky said:

20 years ago I had a mate who owned a few condos in Nirun, he was making quite a good earnings from mostly Brits who lived there.

I haven't been in there for a decade, there was an Aussie bar opposite Nirun around 10 years ago, great atmosphere, swimming pool, cheap food and drinks which probably attracted the Aussies to Nirun.

Brits/Aussies; same same but different. There was more than one Aussie bar and  business. Nothing wrong with that. No problem. 

Just now, georgegeorgia said:

Well it's obvious..and ...I must say interesting that there are no Nirun members on here !!!

I wonder why ? They aren't readers of Thai forums?

Yes, so interesting ???? 

I guess though if your say 67 and on a aged pension from your country and you had around 300,000 baht spare then buying in the Nirun would be ok.

As long as I have a balcony ,air conditioning,and a good TV I would be happy .

I guess you would get used to seeing the old drunk farangs around as you walk to the supermarket etc .

The only thing I wouldn't like is if the neighbours are coughing everynight from smoking or music karaoke playing in the hallways outside your door or drunk farangs shouting etc.

Whatever the case it probably would be far far better to live in the Nirun than say the government housing of Birmingham or Sydney's Mount Druitt 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1