Police Seize 15 Rented Motorbikes as Kuwaiti Motorbike Racers Remain a Problem in Pattaya

snoop1130

Pattaya police crack down on Kuwaiti street racers disrupting traffic
by Top 

image.jpeg
Kuwaiti street racers are disturbing Pattaya traffic with loud and disruptive behaviour. (via 77kaoded). Picture courtesy of 77kaoded

In the busy streets of South Pattaya, the rising clamour of Middle Eastern street racers revving their engines late into the night has become a troublesome traffic disturbance for locals and businesses alike. The continual uproar has driven some hotel guests to cancel their stays, according to hotel operators in the area.

Early this morning, law enforcement officers from the Pattaya police station descended upon Soi Yen Sabai in South Pattaya. They were responding to numerous complaints from locals about a group of primarily Kuwaiti young adults causing a commotion with their rented, souped-up motorcycles.

The complaints stated that these young men were not just making a ruckus with their revving engines, but also inconveniencing others by haphazardly parking their vehicles all over the alley. This cavalier attitude included parking in front of houses without permission and recklessly driving loudly up and down the street, disregarding traffic laws. The disgruntled residents and guests also said that the riders didn’t wear helmets and did not have valid driving licenses or insurance, reported The Pattaya News.

On their arrival at around 1am, the police discovered the street within Soi Yen Sabai fully blocked by parked motorcycles, causing a logjam that prevented normal traffic from getting through. Efforts by law enforcement to disperse the group by deploying patrol cars with sirens and making announcements were met with indifference. The group stood around, watching the police with obvious amusement.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-police-crack-down-on-traffic-disruptive-middle-eastern-street-racers

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-08-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

How the residents of the area would have possibly known that? Did they personally check the papers of each rider?

Well they could certainly see if they were not wearing helmets.... and I agree as I have seen it too. I would be surprised if they had motorcycle licences specifically, coming from Kuwait.....  Insurance.... CTPL, insurance will come with the bike bought by the owners.... I don't believe that excludes lending it out. 

• Like 1

All this racing and making a disturbance was happening 20 yrs ago.I remember being woken up  in The Montien hotel by these clowns racing up and down beach road at 2.00am.The only difference is  that it has intensified.

Edited by findlay13

Just now, ChrisY1 said:

These Kuwaities must be all over Thailand.....the bike noise is everywhere...and seems to be getting louder.

Have to add, pick-ups and trucks now join the noise issues.....just remove the mufflers!

Not seen any of them in chiang mai, Kuwaities that is.

They do it here because if they were caught racing in their own country they would be in jail.

And regarding licences and abilities, I have been to Kuwait, and do not remember any motorbike traffic, apart from 'other nationalities' working as delivery riders.

15 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

How the residents of the area would have possibly known that? Did they personally check the papers of each rider?

Yes, the riders have been an ongoing problem in that area but that last statement just biased and ridiculous.

"...Did they personally check the papers of each rider?"

Who would be brave enough to appraoch these guys and ask to see their documents and ask them specific questions about licenses, insurance etc.

Many of these middle eastern guys are pretty tough.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Not the renters fault, deport and ban the Kuwaitis. Problem solved.

It is if they are renting the bikes without licenses I know of one woman got fined a couple of times, 

• Like 1

The renters are a big part of this problem. The fines for renting to someone without a license should be increased an be heavily enforced.

Take a quick look at the big bikes at the rental places and you will find that nearly all of them have illegal aftermarket "silencers" . This means that the bikes are illegal and should be confiscated. Any renter continuing to rent out illegal bikes should be banned from renting out bikes.

6 hours ago, findlay13 said:

All this racing and making a disturbance was happening 20 yrs ago.I remember being woken up  in The Montien hotel by these clowns racing up and down beach road at 2.00am.The only difference is  that it has intensified.

Exactly; going on for many years.  These Kuwaiti youth gangs seem pretty entrenched to be the kids of tourists.  Is there a large Kuwaiti expat community in Pattaya?  Perhaps traders who ship Thai goods to Kuwait?  There seem to be a lot of them and they seem to be well "protected" as the kids have been getting away with this for a long time.