Trump charged with four counts over 2020 election

Social Media

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

What are the possibilities that Trump appeals a conviction all the way up to the Supreme Court, which then overturns the verdict because reasons?

Lets hope he gets that conviction first. If so from then on its all uncharted territory. 

One scenario is that he can still be president from jail, but if he is president he can technically also pardon himself so no need for Supreme court. Although I guess at some point they would be involved in some way.

The other scenario is of course he does not get enough votes to win the election so I guess then yes it would eventually end up in Supreme Court?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Lets hope he gets that conviction first. If so from then on its all uncharted territory. 

One scenario is that he can still be president from jail, but if he is president he can technically also pardon himself so no need for Supreme court. Although I guess at some point they would be involved in some way.

The other scenario is of course he does not get enough votes to win the election so I guess then yes it would eventually end up in Supreme Court?

Trump cannot pardon his way out of a New York or Georgia conviction.

One scenario is that Trump announces he is going to pardon himself for his Federal crimes, if elected, and then New York and/or Georgia judges give him maximum sentences after hearing that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump cannot pardon his way out of a New York or Georgia conviction.

One scenario is that Trump announces he is going to pardon himself for his Federal crimes, if elected, and then New York and/or Georgia judges give him maximum sentences after hearing that.

Well I was referring to these indictments but there's a little more on that in a new topic.

"Some analysts have suggested that Mr Trump could try to pardon himself if he was convicted and then won the election."

https://aseannow.com/topic/1302434-could-trump-go-to-prison-and-other-key-questions/

The possibility that Trump could appeal any conviction to the Supreme Court is one of those lies by omission that I referred to earlier (concerning CNN and MSNBC).

If Trump's convictions are overturned by the Supremes, I would expect the usual legal analysts to say:

"We knew that Trump would appeal to a favorable Supreme Court, but his many convictions have shown the magnitude of his guilt. Maybe he never served time, but his reputation has been shattered."

I just wish that these same legal experts would mention appeals to the SC, when today they claim Trump is toast.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well I was referring to these indictments but there's a little more on that in a new topic.

"Some analysts have suggested that Mr Trump could try to pardon himself if he was convicted and then won the election."

https://aseannow.com/topic/1302434-could-trump-go-to-prison-and-other-key-questions/

It is my understanding that if trump is charged and convicted in Georgia and sentenced to prison that no president has the power to pardon him of a state conviction but the gov of the state or a board of pardons could pardon state convicted criminals.  I guess that would then depend on if Gov is a dem or a repub and how he felt about it all.....talk about pressure??  Does anyone know for sure?

As for feds if he were to win he would not officially be president til jan 20 ( and presumably would be sitting in jail) at which time he would try  and  pardon himself it would no doubt go to supreme court...and if that drags out I assume he would have to sit in jail until when and if the supremes said yes he can pardon himself he would then be freed from jail........so theoretically the POTUS would sit in a jail cell till sorted out.....or if supremes said no he cannot pardon himself you would have a president serving from a jail cell......what a mess.

if anyone can verify above please do as I am not totally sure how all that would work?  Or maybe nobody knows for sure as we have never had anything close.

3 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Baaaa!!!! I'm one of those sheeple who believes in the Constitution and rule of law. You prefer the twice impeached, thrice indicted, convicted sexual offender and charity fraudster trump. I guess you also like the high unemployment the incompetent 6-time bankrupted clown left, along with his Recession and the additional $7,800,000,000,000 in new National Debt he added in just 4 years of playing golf (at a cost to the Taxpayer of more than $172 million, according to trump's OMB), holding rallies and calling into Fox. AT least you didn't shoot up Lysol or stick a UV light up your fatuga.

I see you got the Soros anti-semitic thing working, too. Were you one of those bloated tikitorch marchers at Charlottesville chanting "Jews will not replace us !"

trump pooped on the Constitution. The crybaby couldn't accept that he lost, so tried to overthrow 250 years of US democracy....and that according to HIS REPUBLICAN Staff. Frankly, that is Sedition, and hopefully Jack Smith will add to the indictment, as Sedition is a capital offense and could get trump the electric chair.

As for President Biden, I guess you and conner are still looking for the supposed witness, but that guy (an unregistered China agent) is hiding out because he was violating international sanctions by brokering Iranian oil, as well as trying to broker arms sales to Iran. Mossad is not going to like that, and may do the needful.

How about the stolen documents case? Are you one of those who believes trump 'declassified with his thoughts', or are you one who thinks the FBI planted them? trump claimed both, and oddly, his poorly educated and brain addled cult believed both.

Please tell me why a country club owner and wedding planner needs TS/SCI, Codeword, SAP, HCS and RD documents? I long held a TS/SC clearance, had classification authority, and damn if I know why he would need that stuff, unless he intended to monetize it.

In my opinion trump is a conman traitor deserving of jail time with these slam dunk cases, and if Jack Smith charges him with Sedition and gets a conviction, the electric chair will 'make America great again' by scorching trump.

Gee so bitter

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well it seems to me that, to prove a conspiracy under  18USC371, the defendant and at least one other person would have to propven to have known that what they were doing was illegal.

Trump REFUSED to know. So how does that argument go? That's ultimately he DOESN'T know?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Nice post but you are wasting your time replying to the rubes as they are not "the sharpest knives in the drawer" as can be seen from the replies from the thread's foremost trump supporter:-

-What for? He didnt do anything (about trump).

-I don't anything real here. All fake trumped up charges. He didn't cause the riots. All he did was question the election results (yeah right).

-Just facts. Millions of people tell lies. Why arent they in jail? 99.9% of people lie. (this one is a doozy).

-The whole thing is political. They waited 3 years. ????

Yeah, proof that their brains has turned to mush.  Hard to detox oneself, if ever,  from Trump kool-aid.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, watthong said:

Trump REFUSED to know. So how does that argument go? That's ultimately he DOESN'T know?

I was just trying to the comments of Trump attorney Lauro in the NYTimes article which is mostly about debunking the free speech argument.

The is a 100 year case history to that 371 statute and anybody who comes on here or elsewhere and says this is a slam dunk jury trial should think again.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

I was just trying to the comments of Trump attorney Lauro in the NYTimes article which is mostly about debunking the free speech argument.

That was a genuine question of mine, not a criticism. Sorry if it sounded that way.