Trump charged with four counts over 2020 election

Social Media

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

DOJ asks judge to issue protective order after Trump posts apparent threat of revenge

The Justice Department on Friday asked a federal judge overseeing the criminal case against former President Donald Trump in Washington to step in after he released a post online that appeared to promise revenge on anyone who goes after him...

Prosecutors pointed specifically to a post on Trump's Truth Social platform from earlier Friday in which Trump wrote, in all capital letters, "If you go after me, I'm coming after you!"...

They told the judge that if Trump were to begin posting about grand jury transcripts or other evidence provided by the Justice Department, it could have a "harmful chilling effect on witnesses or adversely affect the fair administration of justice in this case."

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/05/1192336975/doj-asks-judge-issue-protective-order-after-trump-post

Seriously, why are they concerned that Trump, being the soul of discretion and respecter of boundaries, would use this information to coerce someone who might testify against him?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Just another nail driven into Trump's coffin placeholder like Putin now you can charge him with Intimidation of witnesses during a trial.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

And some people who most definitely should not be allowed "free speech"!

Those that do use it seem to just incriminate themselves more and more and even have a lawyer do it over and over....oh wait you were talking about someone other than Trump and Lauro.....and I thought he was a smart lawyer.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-lawyer-admits-directed-illegal-scheme-stop-electoral-count-1234800760/

“Ultimately, what President Trump said is: Let’s go with Option D. Let’s just pause the voting and allow the state legislature to take one last look and to make a determination as to whether the elections were handled fairly. That’s just constitutional law. That’s not an issue of criminal activity.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:
1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

Well all I can say to that post is " If you Can't Stand the Heat " you know the rest.

It's probably useful that you stay with this thread, as from your own statements, your English vocabulary is clearly in need of expansion at least to 10th Grade level.

Well it does in fact stick around...

Beware of this new troll variant. It would agree with whatever anyone says any one moment, left right middle and sideways, then stoke the fire just a little further, muddle the water just a bit murkier with its below 10th grader language and its making farce out of US affairs (Trump and Biden both fair game,) all the while pretending innocence or ignorance. Keep things incendiary in this US related thread is its mission...Don't feed this (useful idiot as) agitator. 

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I don't know if you realize it, but all you're doing is tacitly admitting that you don't even understand what Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential election means.

Read up above.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James Roderick said:

Are you really saying that it wasn't Hunter Biden's laptop, and all that incriminating information was fake ?? 

Having their minions waving "STOP THE STEAL" banners as they stormed the capitol to steal the election result from the people (not themselves.)  Calling Trump impeachment a "witch hunt" while going tooth and nail after a nobody (albeit the president's son) in order to impeach his father. Machinations from their own device somehow magically morph into evidence that the whole world has to take at face value...

These are GOP trademarks in trying to transgress law and order, while putting on a dumb (read respectable) face in order to keep their seats in the house. This is the kind of riff raff that need to be ousted after Trump. Yes, I'm counting my chicks before they hatch.

Edited by watthong
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, newnative said:

So, you understand the concept of Chinese influencing a Canadian election but Russians influencing an American election apparently eludes you.  

Oh dear. They have tried for 50 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Those that do use it seem to just incriminate themselves more and more and even have a lawyer do it over and over....oh wait you were talking about someone other than Trump and Lauro.....and I thought he was a smart lawyer.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-lawyer-admits-directed-illegal-scheme-stop-electoral-count-1234800760/

“Ultimately, what President Trump said is: Let’s go with Option D. Let’s just pause the voting and allow the state legislature to take one last look and to make a determination as to whether the elections were handled fairly. That’s just constitutional law. That’s not an issue of criminal activity.”

No but paying off Stormy Danials was or was the Bull

From the 04AUG23 GOVERNMENT’S MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER as referenced above:

The Government’s proposed order is consistent with other such orders commonly used in this District and is not overly restrictive. It allows the defendant prompt and effective use of discovery materials in connection with his defense, including by showing discovery materials to witnesses who also agree to abide by the order’s terms.

All the proposed order seeks to prevent is the improper dissemination or use of discovery materials, including to the public. 

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 2