Beach beating: Thai transwomen assault foreigners in Pattaya

webfact

14 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I guess dont walk down the beach road late at night Gimping 

Well not much else to do that night as all  the bars were closed and alcohol sales not permitted. I must admit the sound of 20 of them in a gang sounds rather daunting, more used to them in manageable groups of 2 or 3, 

Is it an idiotic question to ask where were the police to protect the image of Pattaya?

"the man’s friend questioned her gender identity, sparking a heated confrontation."

How dare he! ????

TIT - Even if your friend is too drunk to know that it's a man you must be very discreet or face the consequences of violent confrontation. Even whispering in your friend's ear can cause a violent confrontation if they suspect you're ratting them out. 

8 hours ago, CHdiver said:

Maybe they could not rent any motorbikes anymore. So they tried to rent something else to ride that is loud and dangerous. 

...and also something where it is STRONGLY suggested that you wear a 'helmet' for your safety?

10 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Right back at you. 

What, specifically, did I post that was wrong in the context of prostitution in Thailand?

Pretty much everything. You're completely out of touch. If you kept up with news and current events you'd have seen countless statements by law enforcement and political leaders as to the illegality of prostitution, and just because it's tolerated doesn't mean it's still not  illegal on the books. This is a debate that is nearly constant amongst authorities. Go back to your beer, leave the intellectual heavy lifting to those who are qualified. 

So you've got nothing, then!   Thought so.  Everything that I posted about the legality/illegality of prostitution in Thailand was accurate, if it wasn't, point out where I went wrong.

I was not commenting on the toleration of prostitution and the definition of prostitution is not determined by news and current events!

So much for your heavy lifting ability.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you've got nothing, then!   Thought so.  Everything that I posted about the legality/illegality of prostitution in Thailand was accurate, if it wasn't, point out where I went wrong.

I was not commenting on the toleration of prostitution and the definition of prostitution is not determined by news and current events!

So much for your heavy lifting ability.

Your getting boring with this old line Lou. Every man and dog knows prostitution is illegal in Thailand but its tolerated. Give it a rest.

4 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Your getting boring with this old line Lou. Every man and dog knows prostitution is illegal in Thailand but its tolerated. Give it a rest.

But it seems that not every man and his dog understand the definitions and what constitutes illegal prostitution, solely being a prostitute as an occupation is not illegal...so, to quote you, give it a rest!

15 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

It's so funny how those who profess "boredom with this old line" (which "old line"?) cannot come up with anything that I have posted about prostitution in this context that is incorrect!  So produce something or, once again, to use your words, "give it a rest".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Now pick your toy's up and put them back in your pram Lou.Thailand. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, but the laws are ambiguous and often unenforced. As a result, red-light districts, massage parlors, go-go bars, and sex-focused karaoke bars are common sights.

On 8/2/2023 at 12:03 PM, 2long said:

He said, she said. 

Or should I mean 'he said, he said'

Handbags at dawn!!

Don't mess with a gaggle* of cheezers!!

*(Does anyone know the collective pronoun for ladyboys?)

I think its a  'Sucksession' of Ladyboys

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Kevin Taylor said:

Have we stopped calling them Katoys ?

Well I haven't..... all this new terminology simply confuses me...... transwoman leaves me confused as to which direction they are heading. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/2/2023 at 8:26 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No, let me help you

Simply being a prostitute is not illegal in Thailand.  The girl who lives in my condo block who sells sex at night is a prostitute but she can never be arrested for being that unless she is actually prostituting herself by soliciting, importuning, advertising or acting as a prostitute in a brothel. That is the offence.  

These LBs are prostitutes but were not arrested after being seen soliciting, they were arrested/questioned/voluntarily turned up at the police station in relation to a fight with foreigners.  

Case in point , clueless to an oblivion ????

On 8/2/2023 at 8:12 PM, BestB said:

Let me help you , since basic comprehension is not your forte 

they are and were prostitutes which is illegal in Thailand , no different to being a drug dealer , or a loan shark , it is illegal 

they were soliciting their services , self admitted , once again illegal 

fight happened because they were soliciting their services , illegal 

now you can go back to being a bus driver or a brick layer and in your spare time pretend you know or understand ????

He works on the internet.

On 8/2/2023 at 11:37 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

have you noticed that Thais do not bless sneezes, nor do they know what you mean when you say that? Because the blessing of sneezes came from the European mythology of demons entering you when you sneezed, or something like that. 

It's about covering your mouth when you yawn, to prevent demons that caused you to yawn from entering.

A person is blessed when sneezing because they have ejected said demon that entered when the person did not cover their mouth when yawning. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 3:33 PM, balo said:

I have been attacked by them a few times, you have to fight back and then run for your life. 

It's interesting how some people apparently get attacked by them not just once, but apparently "a few times", yet most of us seem to manage to get through life without ever getting into such an altercation... ????