Question about Khao Yai entrance fees

lexlam

56 minutes ago, bignok said:

Dont go. No elephants to be seen until November unless very lucky. 

And whilst we're on the subject do African Elephants have to pay 10 times the price???

No wonder you never see them in National Parks over here!

image.jpeg.02e08b5887a83b1670a3982c1f9623d7.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CecilM said:

Two choices: pay or stay away. 
I stay away, as more and more places now refuse driver’s license, work permit, pink ID in order to get Thai price. 

Maybe three choices: pay or stay away or stay in the trunk

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, lexlam said:

Yeah can do,, many tricky ways,,, even my Thai friend offered to pay the entrance ticket for me, but I don't accept such things to humiliate myself for a such matter, it spoils the mood and makes you feel a stranger, the best is to ignore and throw it away,, 

Don't try and beat the system... play the system... 

In this case no one is going to judge you negatively for attempting to circumnavigate a xenophobic policy. 

The government have made it clear, they sanction dual pricing based on nationality alone - many subject to it, find it offensive, especially those of us who live here. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, lexlam said:

Any policy/law designed to deal with foreigners here set to be a potential source of income and taking advantage in the extreme limit, not only park fees, look at the requirements to renew non-o visa, must have 400k and must be locked for 60 days,,, what is the philosophy beyond this??

Its a 'financial barrier' this is not a dual pricing issue, its assurance that you can afford to stay your duration and its quite a cheap assurance at that. 

The UK has similar for foreigners wishing to remain in country long term (income or savings).

2 hours ago, lexlam said:

to travel overseas,, must pay re-entry 1000, and so on,,,, it's a place to visit and runaway, not to live permanently,  

Swings and roundabouts...   I think the fee you mention is an 'exit' fee (not yet in effect I believe), additionally, this is not dual pricing as the charge is for any departing Thai or non-Thai, the utterly ridiculous idea behind the scheme is to prevent Thai's from travelling overseas and spending their money elsewhere....  scratch the surface and we'll simply find 'greed' and someone planning how to get their noses in the trough. 

'keep preextremely clumsy and 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 3:18 PM, lexlam said:

if any foreigners (farang) visited that place lately, please update about this, 

We went through last September and I was  charged 200 baht, wife tried to use pink card but they refused saying price for foreigners had been discounted from 400 baht.

As said, if you don't like it don't go. We were heading north so cheaper and quicker to pay than to turn round and drive round.

Fifteen to twenty years ago the going rate for foreigners into a national park was 400 baht, not gone up much.

When we went to China the average price for any attraction was in the order of £25 plus, as with many other countries. The real niggle with expats is that the Thais don't pay as much, then in the next breath they will complain about the government not  doing anything for the people.

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its a 'financial barrier' this is not a dual pricing issue, its assurance that you can afford to stay your duration and its quite a cheap assurance at that. 

The UK has similar for foreigners wishing to remain in country long term (income or savings).

What if a foreigner living in Thailand for more than 15 years, father of 3 kids, lately his business collapsed and was not able to save this so-called 400k for 60 days, he went to apply for a non-o visa in Jakarta, the embassy there asked him to show the bank statement of 400k for 60 days!!!! or no visa to issue for him,  this action spoiled his mind and turned him to abandon even to think to come here, and told his Mrs. go manage yourself with your Thai kids and let your govt racist law feed you and pay your daily expenses and pay the kids school, the family severely troubled now in the neck of the bottle,, this is a fact real-case example,, then he disappeared since 4 or 5 months ago, no more contact with his family here,

dual pricing is just an additional part to the advantages to profit from foreigners,, anything here designed to take advantageous profit to the extreme limit, regardless how many years and resources you spent here supporting their people, the day you can not show money, you are kicked out,, even this is an abuse of human rights for their own people to deprive them from their father, supporter,, etc,, 

no security to live in this country without being wealthy and have enough extra $$$ to handle the situation, without money you will be kicked away,

=================================

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

No Thai National Park is worth even the Thai price.

Go to Malaysia and hike in the Forests/Jungles.  Lots of trails, lots of animals to see AND happy people that smile and say hello as you pass on the trial. 

The current entrance fees for the Khao Yai Natioal Park are listed here:

https://www.khaoyainationalpark.com/en/plan-your-visit/getting-here/park-entry-fees

I remember that the entrance fee for foreigners used to be ten times the fee for Thais, but a year or two ago it was reduced to five times. The corresponding Ministerial Order was discussed in this forum but I don't know how to search for that topic.

On 8/8/2023 at 1:35 PM, PJ71 said:

Where is the pink ID card and yellow house book brigade?

Very quiet about this aren't they - lol.

Few years back but I used my pink ID card to get into a national park. No problems, after a bit of talking.