British father and son are brutally beaten by bouncerskicked out of a bar in 'Sin City'

webfact

23 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Mate.... let's be honest here beating up a drunk elderly tourist hardly promotes Thailand global image as a family destination. 

Does not give drunk elderly tourist carte blanche rights to slap a bouncer AFTER the situation was diffused.

does promote and instigate Thai hatred for drunken fools though.

6 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

And teaching foreigners a lesson sends messages to people in western countries to attack Thais, which has been happening daily for a long time now. Relations should be good in every country. Prejudice and jealousy makes life hard for people who aren't that way. Asians get attacked all the time because of exactly this. The harder they make life for foreigners here, the harder it will come don on Asians there. If you do wrong here, you get arrested and fined, not kicked while down. Most foreigners here aren't afraid of the smaller men. They're just smart and don't want to make waves because they like it here for one reason or another. Making friends with the Thais is always a better endgame.

Your opinions are way off. They were not "making life harder for foreigners". If it was a Thai or Asian customer who punched/slapped the bouncer unprovoked, I'm sure he would have gotten his come uppance too. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

When you're getting punched in the head, that time to de-escalate passed a long time ago.  Now it's self defense, and best defense is a good offense.

They were totally justified in kickin' his butt, and lucky for him, they stopped.  If I was there, I'd buy them a round ????

Play your hooligan antics at home ...  ????

But the bouncers were playing their hooligan antics at home right? The only hooligans were the Thai bouncers. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Does not give drunk elderly tourist carte blanche rights to slap a bouncer AFTER the situation was diffused.

does promote and instigate Thai hatred for drunken fools though.

Plenty of Thai are drunken fools too. 

• Sad 1

On 8/9/2023 at 9:30 AM, ravip said:

Theorotically you are perfect - unfortunately, this world is NOT. Relax, take time, Google and see - this happens not ONLY in Thaiiland - in the 'developed'  world too.

Those two are lucky, very lucky - they are still alive.

I have not been inside a bar in three years and this is part of the reason why. Thai people can KILL you and there will be no charges filed, regardless of the circumstances. I pick up my booze at the 7-11 and take it home.

4 hours ago, jonclark said:

Mate.... let's be honest here beating up a drunk elderly tourist hardly promotes Thailand global image as a family destination. 

A bouncers job is to deal with drunk people. That's why they are employed by bars and clubs which serve the alcohol and profit from the alcohol they sell. Bars and clubs want their customers to get drunk it's the basis of their business  but drunk people make poor choices (Thailand road deaths are testement to that). Your bouncers must be trained in dealing with drunk idiots who due to a drink too many, (and more money in the till) may have become rude and difficult.  A verbal de-escalation is a far better out come than a video that is shown globally of your bars bouncers kicking the crap out of an old man. 

Sir you are right all along. But a jerk, above all a farang,  who slaps a local, that too in some sort of officious uniform, is to expect what ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

On what basis is the 5 year entry ban.......? They were not on overstay that I know of. I have no problem with the concept of banning them, but would it not need some criminal conviction first? From what I hear (toy policeman pal) , they usually all go to the police station, hand money around, a few handshakes and wai's, and are released to go about their business. 

No, they don't need a criminal conviction.  Entering a country is a right, not a privilege. They can simply not grant you that privilege, and you can't complain about your rights. 

3 hours ago, wadman said:

No, they don't need a criminal conviction.  Entering a country is a right, not a privilege. They can simply not grant you that privilege, and you can't complain about your rights. 

I do not hear of people getting bans outside of overstay or criminal behaviour.

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

On what basis is the 5 year entry ban.......? They were not on overstay that I know of. I have no problem with the concept of banning them, but would it not need some criminal conviction first? From what I hear (toy policeman pal) , they usually all go to the police station, hand money around, a few handshakes and wai's, and are released to go about their business. 

Entry to LOS is always at the discretion of the officer. Just put something on the computer and send them home if they were actually keen to visit again, which I doubt.

On 8/9/2023 at 9:25 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I think some time ago we had a not very scientific survey here: How many of us saw that a farang was beaten without any reason?

I never saw a fight bouncer - farang without any reason. And it seems most others also never saw it.

Slapping a Thai in the face is a very stupid idea. Very stupid!

Anybody who does that should be happy if he lives to tell the story.

Personally I have no problem with bouncers. Don't annoy them and there are no problems.

I had acid tipped on my head by a group of youths during Songkran.  Does that count?

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Entry to LOS is always at the discretion of the officer. Just put something on the computer and send them home if they were actually keen to visit again, which I doubt.

No, let us hope they leave and never darken the Bangkok jetways again.... Benidorm next year!

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I do not hear of people getting bans outside of overstay or criminal behaviour.

I have seen it happen to a friend in the Philippines. He was past immigration, customs officer went through his bags in a way he didn't like, so he mouthed off. Now, he is American, and a mouthy one even by American standards. 

Customs guy calls over immigration. Immigration denies him entry into the country, he had to wait in a holding area until the next flight out. They blacklisted him too for good measure. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

We all know btw that thais always are hunting in packs, never dare to attack when alone, and always wait until the opponent are laying down, then they start kicking the head and so on.... That is not thai-bashing, that is truth-telling....

Not true. 

Where are you getting your information from? 

Provide link that supports this nonsense

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/12/2023 at 10:52 PM, wadman said:

I have seen it happen to a friend in the Philippines. He was past immigration, customs officer went through his bags in a way he didn't like, so he mouthed off. Now, he is American, and a mouthy one even by American standards. 

Customs guy calls over immigration. Immigration denies him entry into the country, he had to wait in a holding area until the next flight out. They blacklisted him too for good measure. 

So he is dumb then. Abusing then is the dumbest thing to do. Smile, waste 5 mins. Let them ruffle in bag. Help then open the bag. Whats 5 mins? 

The American idiot should stay home.

On 8/13/2023 at 6:31 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Not true. 

Where are you getting your information from? 

Provide link that supports this nonsense

You can not find any links as this is my personal experiencies...  I guess you are sitting safely in falang-land and google.... But here we are not working with "links", we are out "there", and we live the life here in Thailand..

Edited by glegolo18

On 8/8/2023 at 6:51 PM, bob smith said:

Total overreaction to the situation by the Thai bouncers.

They could have killed the Brit who was helpless on the floor.

These unhinged Thai males need locking up before they do some serious damage to another patron.

Bouncers should be trained to use 'reasonable force' when dealing with violent altercations, not beating someone to a pulp who is already on the floor helpless. 

Shocking behavior from the Thais once again!

Utter nonsense. The father started it. He threw the first punch 

• Sad 1

On 8/12/2023 at 7:52 PM, wadman said:

It really doesn't pay to be an <deleted>. 

On 8/9/2023 at 9:24 AM, fredwiggy said:

Being a bouncer doesn't mean you are a stupid person. The man hit the bouncer first, and he deserved a return punch, then to be subdued by the bouncer and his colleagues. Not to be kicked in the head like this. That's a common thing here, as most don't have a clue how to fight and have to kick, flail with their punches and have more than 2 helpers doing the same thing. Hire someone who actually knows what being a bouncer means. That kind of behavior brings revenge when you least expect it, and sometimes deadly., to the bouncer and or the bar owners. Remember Roadhouse? Subdue, bring outside, and reason with them. if they won't reason, call the police and bring (the usually intoxicated) person to jail. He sobers up, and thinks about what he did, knowing he was wrong (maybe) and revenge usually isn't planned.

Wish this WORLD was perfect as you say...

5 hours ago, ravip said:

Wish this WORLD was perfect as you say...

I looked back on my posts and didn't see where I said this world was perfect. What I did say was the truth. Things should have been handled better, and with a professional bouncer, which are employed worldwide, they would have been.