Middle Eastern Tourists Pose Policing Challenges in Pattaya

webfact

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Two policemen at the end of each Soi stopping anything on the road that is illegal.. 

it's called policing.

After a month there should be no issues remaining

Good idea. They could also use the chain method they used on bikers who used to race in Bkk in the wee hours on Rama 3.  The cops just yank up a chain across the road and the bikers, who ignore the police commands all race into it and collapse in a sprawling mass of bikers, bikes and girlfriends. 

I remember one of the bike racers on in Bkk did a tour of honour after winning a race and shut past a barrier to zoom up a flyover still under construction. He and his girlfriend went hurtling through the air and were killed stone dead on impact.  It was never ascertained whether he realised teh flyover was unfinished or not. 

Edited by Dogmatix

8 hours ago, jesimps said:

That's the woke post of the day. I hate people who throw the word "bigot" about to describe anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as them. If the police are having a problem with a particular group of people then they have the right to concentrate on them, like the Nigerians in Bangkok a few years back. It's common sense, not bigotry. Wish the coppers in the UK would do they same with some of our groups, but of course your friends back there would be up in arms.

Fancy using the word "woke", anyone who uses that word seriously should be mocked. The other poster made a solid point, if they break the law then just arrest them and deal with it. Even plod over here can do that, but instead we get this performative bs and media circus.  

The richer Arabs come to London for summer with their supercars. Lots of problems with street racing in central London in recent years. I guess Pattaya is getting the low end dregs lol. 

Not heard much about it this year tho - bigger issues in the news and July was terrible weather here (unlike June which was wall-to-wall sunshine) so every cloud has a silver lining perhaps???? 

Edited by MarkyM3

10 hours ago, LennyW said:

Why is it difficult for police to actually do the job they were hired for.....does not matter if it is arabs, indians, brits or whoever.....just do your job!

Always has been, always will be. Where I live you never see a copper after 5pm and the police station rarely answers the phone after 6pm.

That is: except for major earning times like New Year and Songkran. Checkpoints all over the place at those times.

• Thanks 1

Just lock the sand <deleted> up for a few weeks, hours even and serve them pig pudding for sustenance. They may get the message.

Mind you these self entitled clowns will claim xenophobic treatment

Woke is everything these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherwood said:

Just lock the sand <deleted> up for a few weeks, hours even and serve them pig pudding for sustenance. They may get the message.

And many claim the Thais are racists. 555

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, sherwood said:

The Middle Easterners are not the ONLY people to whom the above applies - I am sure you know it very well! Go ahead, type the list...

• Confused 1

On 8/10/2023 at 4:13 AM, Smokey and the Bandit said:

They are not supposed to drink, but when they are out of their country they do imbibe!

Visiting Dubai was eye opening. During the week things are relatively calm, but every weekend there are swarms of drunk violent Saudis who cross the bridge to do all the things they can't at home. Seen many fighting, getting dragged out of venues, and otherwise being obnoxious and can't handle their liquor. I guess Dubai puts up with it with heavy security and policing (every inch of Dubai is under CCTV surveilance and laws are very strict), but I'm not sure Thailand is equipped or have the right mindset (strict enforcement) to deal with this kind of menace.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Visiting Dubai was eye opening. During the week things are relatively calm, but every weekend there are swarms of drunk violent Saudis who cross the bridge to do all the things they can't at home. Seen many fighting, getting dragged out of venues, and otherwise being obnoxious and can't handle their liquor. I guess Dubai puts up with it with heavy security and policing (every inch of Dubai is under CCTV surveilance and laws are very strict), but I'm not sure Thailand is equipped or have the right mindset (strict enforcement) to deal with this kind of menace.

I flew back from Dubai one time with a very drunk Saudi next to me.

19 hours ago, MarkyM3 said:

The richer Arabs come to London for summer with their supercars. Lots of problems with street racing in central London in recent years. I guess Pattaya is getting the low end dregs lol. 

Not heard much about it this year tho - bigger issues in the news and July was terrible weather here (unlike June which was wall-to-wall sunshine) so every cloud has a silver lining perhaps???? 

I’m not so sure about that (that you haven’t heard so much about it this year)… barely a day had gone by without this being a news issue (Kuwaitis & men of Middle East origin street racing their rented motorcycles en masse).

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I thought the bridge went to Bahrain!

Since the regular large belly farangs only spend in hooker bars , the poor cops need to fine other sources of revenue...sorry "fines"...the Middle eastern chaps like any other farang on a vehicle in Thailand, are the perfect golden geese to racket for money. Above all, as those dumb teenagers and their bikes make a nuisance, it's good business for all, starting with the local BiB.

6 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I know right?It's almost like being in downtown London.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m not so sure about that (that you haven’t heard so much about it this year)… barely a day had gone by without this being a news issue (Kuwaitis & men of Middle East origin street racing their rented motorcycles en masse).

Was referring to the UK, which is where I am right now (note my location is split between UK and Bangkok). Not been in the UK news at all this year....Ukraine, dinghies, wildfires/heatwaves are making most news.

Edited by MarkyM3

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Ohh yeah, I was confusing the two about the bridge. The rowdy weekend hordes however- similar in both.

Yes I lived in Al Khobar area..... one of our Saudi drivers would be away over the bridge every Thursday quick as a flash to go drink beer. 

i don't mean to stereotype at all but people create their own reputations. i lived on soi yen sabai for 6 months and there is a reason why i moved. and that was 20 years ago before it got much worse. While Pattaya is supposedly looking for quality tourists maybe it should try thinking about quality rather than airport arrivals to report!