Welcome to Malaysia -- wear a Swatch watch go to jail

Jingthing

9 minutes ago, retarius said:

Just where does it say it's a gay forum. You are the narrow minded bigot, you cannot tolerate anyone else's view except your own.

The forum is Gay People in Thailand.

Homophobic posts are not welcome.

There is the entire rest of this site to spew hate.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So those that think it's OK to post homophobic stuff on a gay forum.would you go on a black forum and post racist stuff?

I just looked up at the heading.. It is the Gay Forum, so JT has a point about coming to his house etc.

But most commenters are not being anti-Gay so much as to say "sometimes" you have fly stealth...(long time pot smoker)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Oh, no!

A tiny few of a tiny minority won't play tourist in Malaysia?

The Malaysian economy is doomed.

Doomed!

Not tiny at all the tourism segment.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S2212571X18304396

A number of  countries including Thailand appreciate how lucrative gay tourism is.

Malaysia obviously isn't such a country. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No. Not "a Swatch watch"

People can wear almost any Swatch watch.

It shouldn't be too difficult not to wear that stupid alphabet soup rainbow design. 

Nothing stupid about the raibow flag.

Not sure what you mean by 'alphabet soup raibow design'.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A number of  countries including Thailand appreciate how lucrative gay tourism is.

Correct, at the risk of stirring up the very vocal and powerful Islamic conservatives it's not worth it for Malaysia. Increasing conservatism doesn't only impact the gay community, it impinges on many facets of Malaysian life.

Edited by Stocky

Malaysia's a fine place to visit for a few days.  Just do as they ask as in any country and one can have a good time.   Have bom bang in the hotel and enjoy the bars and nice guy if you want.   That's it   ! 

JT got over excited and exaggerated.      haha

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I didn't feel this way before but now I think LGBTQ people should boycott Malaysia and sincere allies should as well.

Because of a watch?  

But you enjoyed your previous trips and were perfectly willing to visit Malaysia when you already knew of their abysmal record when it comes to gay rights?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Malaysia

IMG_0815.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So being against persecution of gay people is woke?

So by that being anti woke is being a bigot.

Is it persecution to not allow alcohol in country that forbids? Male hair not below collar?

For Malaysia is sad only because it will be dangerous to point and say "Oh look, rainbow! "

the people who scream for gay rights only get attention because is more selective than starving millions made so by corporate monopoly. What about starving gay people ? What priority they have? Front of wiggly queue?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So, never having been to Malaysia, I wonder what happens when I arrive with partner at a hotel, no watch in our possession (we are homosexual not gay). In Thailand (at a hotel where we are not known), Singapore, Cambodia & Vietnam, the routine is much the same:

- Ahem cough cough, will that be 1 bed or 2 , Sir?

- One thank you, King size.

- Very well, Sir.

Same in KL?

Edited by mfd101

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I saw no mention of Malaysia in your link.

But if you think catering to ~3% is an effective strategy, well.....hold my bud light.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

Maybe asseannow.com could please create a gay section for Jingthing, and his comrades in arms, so they won't feel the bigots are out to get them.  

Ironically, that is what Jingthing did. I'm guessing that you clicked on this the same way most of us did... on the right hand side under topics?

Scroll up to the top of the page and you'll see that Jingthing posted in 'gay people in Thailand'. You should see it just above the heading.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Ironically, that is what Jingthing did. I'm guessing that you clicked on this the same way most of us did... on the right hand side under topics?

Scroll up to the top of the page and you'll see that Jingthing posted in 'gay people in Thailand'. You should see it just above the heading.

my bad. Maybe as with the women's forum it should be a private forum. Just an idea. 

Edited by CharlieKo

19 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

I saw no mention of Malaysia in your link.

But if you think catering to ~3% is an effective strategy, well.....hold my bud light.

You don't get it.

It's much more than 3 percent of the revenues for the global tourism industry.

14 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Your topics appear on the general interest list on the right, so everybody sees them.  Wouldn't know which sub-forum a thread appears in unless reading thru the entire fine print directory list after clicking.

You might contact site administration to have your sub-forum removed from the topics list and keep your echo chamber safe and effective.

It's not my sub forum.

I had nothing to do with making the rules for it.

• Like 1