Special counsel to investigate President Biden's son Hunter

Social Media

8 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Exactly.  :thumbsup:

Where did I ever claim to offer absolute proof that no contrary evidence would be forthcoming? Stop making things up. It's just that the evidence I offered is very strong, and so far we have seen nothing but very week evidence from the Republicans which falls far short of what they contended that they have. Past form counts.

Just now, placeholder said:

I bet you're so fearful of having to reply to me that you won't be able to sleep a wink.

Actually I was hoping to go to bed soon and going through your comments is not my idea of "light night-time reading".

"Fearful".  You do live in a strange and imaginary world.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, BangkokReady said:

Actually I was hoping to go to bed soon and going through your comments is not my idea of "light night-time reading".

"Fearful".  You do live in a strange and imaginary world.

Of course my comment was baseless. And just as worthless as yours about Biden. That was the point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Why shouldn't someone make baseless comments? Really?

Hardly baseless.  Besides, speculation is speculation.  This is an internet forum, where people share ideas, feelings, anecdotes, and so on.  It isn't some sort of "hearing" where only facts proven with solid evidence are allowed to be presented.

I wonder if you are this concerned about speculations or opinions being shared on Trump topics...  ????

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Of course my comment was baseless. And just as worthless as yours about Biden. That was the point.

Oh, I understand now.  Very clever.  It isn't quite the same though.  There isn't any evidence that would be added to by something being introduced in this thread that would give any reason to speculate that I am fearful of going through your posts.

In Biden's case, there were reports that suggest his involvement with his son's business dealings, so any talk of these being investigated now could theoretically make Biden nervous.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, placeholder said:

Devon Archer testified that Hunter Biden confesssed to him that he had no hand in it. Other members of Biden's company told Archer it was bad news because Zlochevsky had Shokin under control.  And irrefutable evidence is that Biden was carrying out U.S. govt policy when he threatened to cut off funding if Shokin wasn't dismissed. The EU applauded the move. You've got less than nothing.

That is not an answer.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

What sort of evidence could there be that disproves absolutely that there won't be? But the evidence against the Republican committee's assertions is very strong, and the evidence they have provided, such as it is, is very weak despite repeated claims that they were about to produce evidence that was very strong. And every tiime they have produced their evidence, it's fizzled. Past form counts. Even Hannity was sceptical of Comer's claims.

Nothing has 'fizzled'. Link to Hannity please.

On 8/12/2023 at 9:08 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Republicans are never happy

Some Republicans previously pushed Garland to appoint a special counsel in the Hunter Biden investigation, with 33 Senate Republicans signing a letter requesting that Weiss be elevated to that role last November.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4149686-special-counsel-hunter-biden-four-things-to-know/

Thanks for the link.  Here’s the final paragraph:

“If Weiss negotiated the sweetheart deal that couldn’t get approved, how can he be trusted as a Special Counsel?” Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said on X, the social media platform previously known as Twitter.

Furthermore, the SC cannot indite—without approval of the AG.  Likewise, the SC cannot stonewall an investigation—without the AG’s approval.  Looks like Garland’s DOJ totally in charge.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No problem, like I said you just can't please them:

Republicans Are Mad They Got The Hunter Biden Special Counsel They Asked For

Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) does not think much of the appointment of U.S. Attorney David Weiss as special counsel for the Justice Department’s investigation into Hunter Biden, the president’s son.

Attorney General Merrick Garland “knows Weiss will protect Hunter,” Blackburn scoffed in a social media post on Saturday.

But Weiss’ appointment is exactly what she and other congressional Republicans requested. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/republicans-are-mad-they-got-the-hunter-biden-special-counsel-they-asked-for_n_64d7d880e4b07d7a00216d90

Something for both sides in that article.  Thanks again.