Public support for new Brexit referendum revealed

Social Media

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Let's take a look at your question once more:

So you want me to predict the future, you want a date. perhaps a time of day. as you yourself say 'A bit of lefty foresight',

Maybe  you should  ask questions that don't rely on time travel. 

Alternatively you could challenge my point of view by addressing the points I have made. 

I was under the impression that a major criticism of Remainers was that we can't know what the future will bring. Now we're being asked for predictions????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

Aren't you lucky not to have outside controls in your country....:thumbsup:

It was kinda nice when we had a, fairly influential, input on the rules.

It's a bit screwy now that we have to follow all the rules, but no longer having a democratic voice when it comes to forming them. But that, apparently, is the will of the people ????‍♂️.

• Like 2

Just now, JayClay said:

It's a bit screwy now that we have to follow all the rules, but no longer having a democratic voice when it comes to forming them. But that, apparently, is the will of the people ????‍♂️.

That's if we had a real say with 26 others, the Oliver Twist countries will follow the money.......????

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The above post indicates that you didn't as you wouldn't have ask the question why  leave HORIZON in the first place?

Perhaps I asked because I think  BREXIT zealots made a decision that was clearly harmful to UK Science and which has now had to be reversed. 

Refer 'Project Fear'.

https://royalsociety.org/-/media/policy/Publications/2019/01-25-19-consultation-response-commons-inquiry-science-innovation-preparations-no-deal.pdf

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Well that and Washington giving London direct instructions on the limits of Westminster's policies in Northern Ireland. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps I asked because I think  BREXIT zealots made a decision that was clearly harmful to UK Science and which has now had to be reversed. 

Refer 'Project Fear'.

https://royalsociety.org/-/media/policy/Publications/2019/01-25-19-consultation-response-commons-inquiry-science-innovation-preparations-no-deal.pdf

Does Brexit have any impact on your USA.......?  ????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

That's if we had a real say with 26 others, the Oliver Twist countries will follow the money.......????

We did have a say... Over 96% of EU rules were either devised by, or supported by the UK government.

Now we have no say and just have to follow their directives anyway. Big improvement.

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Now we have left, we follow the rules we wish to follow

Nope. We follow them all. Because, like, our businesses like to sell to the EU.

I didn't even bother quoting your other ridiculous claim as I already addressed it a couple of posts above.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

We had very little influence in the Franco/German led EU when we were in it.

Now we have left, we follow the rules we wish to follow. Since we voted in a Democratic referendum to leave the EU, the British do what we want (despite Remainer anti-Democratic attempts to deny the will of the people).

Yep, the UK can now have carcinogens and other poisons in the nations food production. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

Indeed they were. Some of which are working well.

Please provide the details. The mainstream media seem to have glossed over it but if you have genuine, verifiable ,additional information I am absolutely 100% up for listening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

Sadly, the left have derailed the migrant boat situation.

Which ones were working well?

How has 'The Left' derailed the migrant boat situation, 'The Left' aren't in government and have no control over policies. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yep , those things the political parties contesting the next election are using to decide on what policies they shall put in their manifestos.

Oh, so that's why Labour haven't won an election since 2005 ????.

I'll stick to general elections and referendums to see what the British voters want. You can keep relying on people with clipboards getting minimum wage to ask 500 people what they think on a rainy afternoon outside Tesco.

Opinion polls... ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

So why complain about it here...........?  :neus:

I'm not complaining, I'm simply pointing out the fallacy that post BREXIT UK is somehow independent of foreign control. 

Oh... it was you who was making such a plainly false claim:

24 minutes ago, transam said:

Not being controlled by others, sounds good to me, lest we forget.....????

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Nope. We follow them all. Because, like, our businesses like to sell to the EU.

I didn't even bother quoting your other ridiculous claim as I already addressed it a couple of posts above.

Same as they have to follow our rules and regulations when they sell to UK businesses. That's how trade works.

Unfortunately for them, German exports to the UK have plummeted since Brexit. One of the factors leading Germany to enter recession.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/gloomy-ifo-fuels-fears-second-german-recession-year-2023-08-25/

Lucky for the EU that the German economy is not vital to the financial health of the bloc. Oh, wait a minute...

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Refer 'Project Fear'.

When you talk about Brexit zealots are you referring to the 17,410,742 million people that voted in the 2016 European Union membership referendum and you are unable to accept the result of that  referendum

Are you Hillary Clinton I can recall reports of her saying "We should have done something to determine who was going to win"

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

It seems it's not up to parliament. As can be seen by the blocking of recent policies.

Well of couse they can't pass laws that break international human rights conventions. I mean... you surely can't be advocating that, can you?

Seriously, you should be happy that the Rwuanda scheme (which is what I assume you are referring to) was blocked; as now you have something to blame for it. Had it gone ahead even the Tory media wouldn't have been able to cover up what a ridiculous, unworkable, ridiculous, money wasting, ridiculous scheme it was.

(It was a ridiculous scheme...)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Sadly, the left have derailed the migrant boat situation.

Have another go.

Which of Sunak's fiver pledges where working well?

How has 'the left' derailed the migrant boat situation?

Your claims, so shouldn't be too difficult for you to explain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Same as they have to follow our rules and regulations when they sell to UK businesses. That's how trade works

That's only a valid argument when we have higher standards than the EU. We don't.

Anything baring the CE mark is valid for sale in the UK.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

Well of couse they can't pass laws that break international human rights conventions. I mean... you surely can't be advocating that, can you?

Seriously, you should be happy that the Rwuanda scheme (which is what I assume you are referring to) was blocked; as now you have something to blame for it. Had it gone ahead even the Tory media wouldn't have been able to cover up what a ridiculous, unworkable, ridiculous, money wasting, ridiculous scheme it was.

(It was a ridiculous scheme...)

How do you know it "was" a ridiculous scheme? It was never implemented.