Pita Cleared In First Round Of Polling Agency Enquiry Over ITV Shares

webfact

11 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Completely false analogy.

Someone with 0.0035% ownership of a company has zero executive power in that company.

Someone with 35% ownership of a company has a significant level control over said company.

Pregnant is pregnant, full stop.

Do you think Pita's 0.0035% ownership enabled him to use the (non operational) media company to his political advantage and distort the election outcome?

???? ????  ???? 

Irrelevant as the rule is, you can NOT own any shares, and says nothing about a controlling interest.

Time, money & votes wasted on someone who can easily be disqualified from even holding his/her MP position.

Not sure I'd want somebody that irresponsible heading the govt ... IMHO

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Irrelevant as the rule is, you can NOT own any shares, and says nothing about a controlling interest.

Time, money & votes wasted on someone who can easily be disqualified from even holding his/her MP position.

Yet an army bloke can organise a coup, kill civilians doing it to control the country and get away with it, but you worry about a few shares.......????

Gawd 'elp us...........????

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Defending the indefensible merely to support your opinions.

Sad.

What is important, what you want or what the Thai people voted for?

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Defending the indefensible merely to support your opinions.

Sad.

What is important, what you want or what the Thai people voted for?

Not my opinion, it's the rules, and people should learn to follow, or pay the consequences.

I'm sure if it was an candidate that you didn't like, and they had shares, you'd be crying if the rule wasn't enforced.

Have a nice day ...

Bye Bye

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not my opinion, it's the rules, and people should learn to follow, or pay the consequences.

I'm sure if it was an candidate that you didn't like, and they had shares, you'd be crying if the rule wasn't enforced.

Have a nice day ...

Bye Bye

"It's the rules, should learn to follow"...

In Thailand, you're 'avin a laugh......????

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Granted, Pita should have been smart enough to divest this stock, before running for PM. But, we all know the disqualification was a sham, an act of desperation, a power grab, an act of spectacularly, morally bankrupt power mongering men, and a total travesty.

<snip>

I'm not sure because i don't know the rules for trading on Thailand's Stock Exchange, but as this company was non-operational, it's possible that there was no market for the shares. Therefore Pita may have been unable to divest himself of them.  Is that not a consideration?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Granted, Pita should have been smart enough to divest this stock, before running for PM. But, we all know the disqualification was a sham, an act of desperation, a power grab, an act of spectacularly, morally bankrupt power mongering men, and a total travesty.

The army is far too powerful here, he knows that, and reform is needed. The sooner the better.

You're spot-on, but they don't care as the only important point is self, me me me. 

3 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Completely false analogy.

Someone with 0.0035% ownership of a company has zero executive power in that company.

Someone with 35% ownership of a company has a significant level control over said company.

Pregnant is pregnant, full stop.

Do you think Pita's 0.0035% ownership enabled him to use the (non operational) media company to his political advantage and distort the election outcome?

???? ????  ???? 

That's far too difficult for those using it for their gain to understand. 

10 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

I had no idea the shares were so small and that it wasn't even operating. It clear they don't want this guy as PM but the verdict here gives hope. 

They do not want HIM because it will give the people power to govern!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Not news, simply a bias op-ed.  'Miniscule' would be the hint of that.

Sort of like a little bit pregnant.  Most people own a miniscule of stocks available of any company.

iTv has over 4 billion 'common' shares.

0.0035% of just common shares is 140,000 shares.

For those not familiar with iTv's history, there's a couple familiar names attached to it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV_(Thailand)

"minuscule" - from minusculus: think "minute"

The best thing the MFP/Pita can do is to go into opposition mode, and wait. Their time will come, hopefully at the next election. By then it seems likely their popular support will be overwhelming, given the treachery and lies of PT, the 'senate', and the 'uncles' now being witnessed.

19 hours ago, eisfeld said:

You can transfer shares without going through a public market.

<snip>

Thank you.

As i said, I'm unfamiliar with the rules in Thailand - I was just basing my question on how challenging it can be (though certainly possible) to do such transfers in UK, especially if they're so-called "unlisted" shares, or on the "Alternative Investment Market" some of which I have myself.

Having said that, someone in Pita's position should know these things or have staff to take care of it. I wonder if, perhaps he genuinely thought they were unimportant?

3 hours ago, VBF said:

Thank you.

As i said, I'm unfamiliar with the rules in Thailand - I was just basing my question on how challenging it can be (though certainly possible) to do such transfers in UK, especially if they're so-called "unlisted" shares, or on the "Alternative Investment Market" some of which I have myself.

A simple signed contract between him and another person would have made it already much much more difficult to attack him on these grounds because the constitution does not ask the transfer to be registered somewhere. Then he could also have notified the company of the share transfer to be in a pretty good position. That being said, I'm not aware of the bylaws of the company which may stipulate requirements. But seeing as they were a public company I don't think any big hurdles should exist.

3 hours ago, VBF said:

Having said that, someone in Pita's position should know these things or have staff to take care of it. I wonder if, perhaps he genuinely thought they were unimportant?

I have to assume the latter as any reasonable person would agree these shares are insignificant for the matter at hand. But then again it is kinda negligent to not have taken care of it given that his predecessor was nailed on these grounds.

• Thanks 1