‘Biased.’ ‘Corrupt.’ ‘Deranged.’ Trump’s Taunts Test Limits of Release.

Social Media

image.png

Just days ago, the judge overseeing former President Donald Trump’s prosecution on charges of seeking to subvert the 2020 election admonished him against violating the conditions of his release put in place at his arraignment — including by making “inflammatory statements” that could be construed as possibly intimidating witnesses or other people involved in the case.

But Trump immediately tested that warning by posting a string of messages on his social media website, Truth Social, that largely amplified others criticizing the judge, Tanya Chutkan.

In one post, written by an ally of Trump’s, lawyer Mike Davis, a large photo of Chutkan accompanied text that falsely claimed she had “openly admitted she’s running election interference against Trump.” In two other posts, Trump wrote, “She obviously wants me behind bars. VERY BIASED & UNFAIR.”

After eight years of pushing back at a number of institutions in the United States, Trump is now probing the limits of what the criminal justice system will tolerate and the lines that Chutkan sought to lay out about what he can — and cannot — say about the election interference case she is overseeing.

He has waged a similarly defiant campaign against others involved in criminal cases against him, denouncing Jack Smith, the special counsel who brought two federal indictments against him, as “deranged”; casting Fani Willis, the district attorney of Fulton County, Georgia, as “corrupt”; and even singling out witnesses.

Some lawyers have said that if Trump were an ordinary citizen issuing these attacks, he would be in jail by now. The question is whether Trump will face consequences for this kind of behavior before a trial.

FULL STORY

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Tug said:

You are 100% correct to think that I personally think he is guilty that being said I’m more responding to the fact that trump is using his platform to intimidate and threaten witnesses that’s not allowed he needs a (time out) jail the big mouth stop screwing around flap the yap go to jail just like everyone else would .he will get his trial he just might have to be incarcerated beforehand because he can’t stop threatening people that simple as I suspect you allready know 

While I respectfully disagree I have to commend you for choosing the correct platform for posts and opinions like that. 

Let's wait for the trial and hope the courts are not politically biased. Nobody wants to see the US sink further towards the developing world's system of justice where political enemies are eliminated at the hands of corrupt judges.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bendejo said:

They are going to appeal anyway.  If the bail is revoked and they keep him in the cage until the verdict is in he will be in a right hurry to move it along.  House arrest means access to comms, so he'd be able to keep intimidating, like they caught Manafort doing.

They should take away his Secret Service detail, let his patriot army take care of him: https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-news-2663598788/

Do the crime, do the time.

Agree, but not going to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You seem to be confusing two totally different issues.

Nobody credible wants Trump sentenced without fair trials leading to convictions.

The issue here is that he is violating the terms of his pre trial releases. Any other citizen if they have done what Trump has done would be incarcerated waiting for trial.

I do. I want Trump locked up right now without any trial and they should drop the key off a boat over the Mariana's Trench.

oh, wait. You said credible....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tug said:

You are 100% correct to think that I personally think he is guilty

After hearing that find me votes telephone call it is ludicrous that anyone would could think otherwise.  I suspect we may get reports of similar entreaties from the other six 'battleground' states.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

On the other hand if Trumps wins in 2024, the absurd Ukraine war will end and so will the billions going out from US Treasury to Ukraine, will  come to an end. Time to help one's own before spending tax money all over the planet on different motivations.

I guess it's lost on you that it's in America's self interest to continue to provide support for Ukraine, and to weaken Russia.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A clear and present danger.

He should clearly be incarcerated while awaiting his trials.

'What's he got to lose?' Fascism expert says Trump's only option is to 'stage a coup' - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism

Nothing is being done to curb Donald Trump from encouraging violence in his name – so it's only going to get worse, an expert wrote Thursday,

Threats against judges and prosecutors are escalating, and members of the grand jury in Georgia have become targets of some Trump supporters with their names, photos and, in some cases, addresses posted online. Judge Tanya Chutkan, in particular, was targeted with racist threats to kill her if Trump is not elected in 2024.

Meanwhile, Republicans – whether they're Trump allies or not – aren't stepping in to lower the temperature.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A clear and present danger.

He should clearly be incarcerated while awaiting his trials.

'What's he got to lose?' Fascism expert says Trump's only option is to 'stage a coup' - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism

Nothing is being done to curb Donald Trump from encouraging violence in his name – so it's only going to get worse, an expert wrote Thursday,

Threats against judges and prosecutors are escalating, and members of the grand jury in Georgia have become targets of some Trump supporters with their names, photos and, in some cases, addresses posted online. Judge Tanya Chutkan, in particular, was targeted with racist threats to kill her if Trump is not elected in 2024.

Meanwhile, Republicans – whether they're Trump allies or not – aren't stepping in to lower the temperature.

I think the calculus is to get himself incarcerated shortly and hope to foment a civil war.

• Haha 1

Grand jurors who voted to indict former President Trump in Georgia earlier this week are facing threats and a profusion of racist comments online.

The jurors’ names were listed publicly within the indictment, as required under Georgia law. A review of social media platforms and far-right forums found users posting numerous racial slurs and even the jurors’ addresses.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4156983-grand-jurors-in-trump-georgia-case-face-threats-racist-abuse/