What's so good about Cambodia

Haven't been to Cambodia PP now since 2017.

It had changed a lot since my 2005 visit.

I remember about 10 years ago all the Thailand expats were going there to live after immigration changes.

It appears now after watching a YouTube video that according to the presenter that costs to live in Cambodia are 50% higher than Thailand, obviously depending where you live in Cambodia

So what's so good about Cambodia for expats , obviously the financial cost nowadays is not one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

absolute twoddle.

cambodia is cheaper in every way.

$100 a month room,

50 cent beers.

$10 women.

$2 meals.

Whats not to like????

Is this still the case?

I think so too , 

,but I don't want to name the YT presenter but he said the costs were that high compared to Thailand.

He was also talking about the bar girl situation and saying that was much much higher because of the Chinese influence.

So any expats from Cambodia what's your thoughts on the financial costs ,medical , nightlife and just living there 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LaosLover said:

A very blah, slightly depressive vibe pervades. Even the local specialty, fish amok, is blah.

Thailand is about the maximum level of poverty that I can live near without it depressing me too.

what about all these affluent khmer girls i keep hearing of?

Could be fun trying to bag one of those!

• Love It 1

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Of course the Chinese family groups won't go but lone men will, not many yet i agree

Ever seen a lone Chinese in Pattaya? ????

Maybe some Taiwanese or Hong Kong Chinese, but no "real" Chinese men travel as FIT travelers. They cannot go without their flags or teddy-bears-on-a-stick.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

They don't monger, like us white, western, European, caucasian, farangs do.

Ever seen a Chinese tour group head into an a-go-go to barfine a dark-skinned, wide-jawed, flat-nosed, inked-up, uneducated Isaan farmer's daughter? Nah, neither have I.

In the times I've visited agogos post-Covid, I find just the opposite: lots of young and middle aged Chinese are barfining, and the women chosen run the gamut from light-skinned to mocha, clean to tatted, natural to lab-enhanced. I've even seen Chinese couples barfine women for "purposes unknown".

The fact that China has 30 million more marrying age men than women (due to the long-held one China policy and preference for males) seems to be driving carnal behavior.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1