Food delivery driver apologizes after refusing overweight customer due to bike damage

webfact

14 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Single rear shock absorber bikes, eg Yamaha Fino - has a maximum passenger/cargo limit weight of 163 kg (359 lb). If the rider is 60-70kg, many a bloated farang would put it well beyond recommended/safe carrying capacity.

But that shock absorber would cost more than 37 baht. He most likely bought a Chinese knock off and is surprised it only lasted three months? Bearing the amount of mileage those delivery drivers do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

Why would a customer's weight be an issue for a food delivery driver???

I'm glad you asked that. I was wondering what about this story I didn't understand. Yes, he's a motor cycle taxi driver isn't he. 37 baht for a shock absorber?

41 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

The headline says a delivery driver refused to give food to a fat person. Don't you find it odd? Of course it could have been badly written story and the meaning was something else altogether.

That’s the headline but the article implies that the shocks were an issue?  As normal news articles translated into English can cause more confusion than clarity. 

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

But that shock absorber would cost more than 37 baht.

You've got to stop reading and taking things literally. Obviously he didn't pay 37 baht for a shock absorber, regardless of what was "printed".????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Scooter do have a recommended load limit for safe operation.   I'd pass on fat people also.  2 normal size people can max out the load limit.

True....if the. norm was to transport only one passenger at a time 555

• Thumbs Up 1

This reminds me of the summer one of my sons rode a pedicab in Edinburgh during the Festivals. He was hailed outside the Pleasance - a venue which is on one of Edinburgh's many hills - and his passengers turned out to be Phill Jupitus, Johnny Vegas and a third guy who was less famous but not less of a heavyweight.

After pedalling frantically for a few minutes, the pedicab had barely moved an inch, the passengers ( and all the onlookers) were crying with laughter, so Phill and co got out of the pedicab, gave him a tenner and sent him on his way. The pedicab itself survived but only just. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Maligned for rejecting an overweight customer due to breaking suspension, a food delivery driver has issued a heartfelt apology. Initially voicing his frustration by sharing images of a broken motorcycle shock absorber, attributing its damage to heavy passengers, his comments now sit at the heart of a heated online debate.

As reported, images appeared on the Red Skull Facebook page, taken from one of their drivers’ groups. The controversial post showed a woman customer alongside the broken motorcycle shock absorber. The delivery driver wrote, “This shock absorber has lasted three months. I paid 37 baht for it. Now, I’m left shaking. I get 37 baht for the ride, but I have to pay over a thousand to replace the shock absorber. If I see a heavy person, I am no longer accepting. Absolutely not!”

These remarks violated the sensibilities of many online, with netizens perceiving them as bullying and disrespectful of the overweight customer. The shared comment and photos increasingly painted the driver negatively, attacking his professionalism and empathy reported KhaoSod.

by Nattapong Westwood 

Top Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/food-delivery-driver-says-sorry-after-refusing-overweight-customer-due-to-bike-damage

-- Thaiger 2023-08-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Taxi requires heavy duty suspension and brakes.  You can’t work with old cheap broken suspension and worn out brakes.