Old age and dying

ArnieP

I've done all my dying - meaning that I've thought about it enough. I am obsessed though with how to make the most of the time left - it's a constant question. I find that it's not a matter of indulgence at all, though I admit, there are certain things I am tempted to do now from a sense of 'what the hell' that I've never done before, and I intend to die penniless in order to avoid the regret of missing out on anything, though that's mainly a problem of timing.

This is a sad topic.  I am always thinking about my aunties, uncles, old friends, family,  they are all dead .... I'm drinking every night thinking how I never seen them when they were old I should have.  I didn't see them for 20 years or more.  I'm left here alone as they are all dead now.  

It's very sad when your left and they are all dead. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Some people seem oblivious to their own eventual death.  I am certain of it and even further will set a date close to when Im ready to exit on my own terms. 

Death and its exit doesnt bother me and im amazed that such things are considered off topic like self killing. We should be able to discuss how each of us will plan to die. I am concerned about dying unexpectedly but stress less about it as time goes on.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

This is a sad topic.  I am always thinking about my aunties, uncles, old friends, family,  they are all dead .... I'm drinking every night thinking how I never seen them when they were old I should have.  I didn't see them for 20 years or more.  I'm left here alone as they are all dead now.  

It's very sad when your left and they are all dead. 

I’m in virtually the identical situation sans the nightly drinking. 

I started the topic, which I agree is sad, because I’m curious to see how others think and feel about ageing and reaching the end, knowing the grim reaper is on the horizon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

Just turned 77 and, playing off of that fave tv series 77 Sunset Strip, it is looking a bit like now heading down sunset strip. Perish the thought, after so many years of questioning whether I might be immortal after all said and done.  Fortune to of inherited good and long good health, life has been a rich gambit for me beyond any dreams or expectations, fortunate to appreciate much that it has to offer, and I suspect I'll continue to find life's little pleasures in the day to day and the various ways one has to entertain oneself even in limited situations.  Keep a good attitude, forgo self pity, look for the silver linings and do not go silently into that dark night.  Take the good with the bad going forward and knock on wood.

So your Mr. Johnson still works then? 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1