Thaksin helicoptered to Police Hospital at 3am after feeling ill says Department of Corrections

webfact

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I always think of 2006, and getting the airport opened. There had been wrangling and delays and BS I could not believe.... I always felt Thaksin at least got that done. 

Yes, it was built without delay and it had a MASSIVE budget.

Note that on opening day many facilities / utilities were'nt finished / were faulty etc. 

Also note, it was built to a 30 year old plan with no upgrade to incorpororate recent technology etc., developments. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Wonder if they will give him a room with a view?

Perhaps he will get a view of the CentralWorld, a hundred metres away.

You know the one his supporters burnt down in 2010.

Maybe a corner room with 270° view?

They burned down a lot of things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

A much needed plot twist.

He was out of the headlines for at least 20 minutes.

Hope the inmates at Bang Kwang get equal treatment when they get a tummy bug.

He wasn't in Bang Kwang.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillageIdiot said:

In recent candid photos he looks ghastly.

Definitely has health issues.

Maybe that prompted his return.

1/

4 hours ago, seajae said:

surprise surprise surprise, will be home detention next, this was the plan from the start, he will never spend time in jail especially now pt is in govt, the people of Thailand have been crapped on big time alll for this mans return and for pt to get their snouts back in the trough

2/

1/ & 2/

If Thaksin is really really ill, (as in shuffling off this mortal coil), then PT's potency in the coalition, (of which they are a minority), will be diluted both within government, and by the further drop off from their supporters, (and voters).

It's somtam all round; the silent coup has worked to retain the military in power for the next 5 years.

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

was he stripped searched on arrival at the jail? I would love to see where he is staying in jail, I am told they have special suites in there, 

The Royal Suite, Room 1404 on the 14th floor of Mor Por Ror Building, of Police Hospital

2 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Wonder if they will give him a room with a view?

Perhaps he will get a view of the CentralWorld, a hundred metres away.

You know the one his supporters burnt down in 2010.

Overlooking Lumpini Park.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

He wasn't in Bang Kwang.

I didn't say that he was, did I?

I was offering a comparison of his privileged life against normal criminals, a point that most posters seemed to understand.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, rabas said:

Some of Thailand's best doctors are at the Army Hospital in Bangkok, ...  why not take him there?

As he was ,and probably still has the tittle of police Captain ......he has been taken there instead of your proposed  army hospital .....

And whwere else he could be better guarded.... (read,,,, protected ????)

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

The food was horrible.  One Star.  Will not come back!

-- Thaksin

Wow, also have Trip advisor ratings.

My Thai son was injured playing uni rugby (face smashed by opposing rugby player).

Coach insisted he be taken to Police Gen hospital. Son had good BUPA health insuance at that time, he asked to be taken to a better hospital, but nobody would listen.

Hospital nurses noticed a document from BUPA on his bedside table (whichIhad mailed to him at the hosp., and asked him what it was.

Result: nurses, matron, doctors, admin. staff and demanded a %.

And they wouldn't accept that he wasn't gtting a  reimbursement because at the time BUPA didn't have any cooperative agreement with the police hospital.

I visited my son in the non-air conditioned noisy hospita. Doctor was called and he immediately demanded I give him and all others a reward. No reward paid.

Son's uni buddies knew the whole story. Son's treatment was all completed but they wouldn't discharge him.

His uni buddies developed a plan to secretely / quietly rush my son out of the hospital very early morning (guards mostly asleep) and home.

Breakfast time son's phone and my phone started ringing every few minutes. We didn't answer. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 2