20 years later... came back to have a look

Zendesigner

3 minutes ago, Zendesigner said:

not been here long enough yet ???? but i liked the old style interface of forums better.  it had a better overview. this is probably made for mobile devices. 

Zen

it does look better laid out on a phone

1 hour ago, CecilM said:

Can we bring this forum to 21st century functionality? Like adding a feature to edit (spelling) mistakes?

edit:

OK, I take it back and apologize. After some help, I figured it out. 
Thanks, bignok. 

My number one suggestion would be to have an AI driven moderator (we could call it AIMOD) to weed out troll posts such as racism, sexism, ageism and flame posts BEFORE they appeared on the forum. 

The troll posters will soon realize that their efforts will be a waste of time and the qualify of ASEAN NOW might just improve a little bit.

Bring it on.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/24/2023 at 6:00 PM, Zendesigner said:

not been here long enough yet ???? but i liked the old style interface of forums better.  it had a better overview. this is probably made for mobile devices. 

Zen

What do uou think of the way the system randomly makes certain sentences bold? A programming error, it would appear. 

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

My number one suggestion would be to have an AI driven moderator (we could call it AIMOD) to weed out troll posts such as racism, sexism, ageism and flame posts BEFORE they appeared on the forum. 

The troll posters will soon realize that their efforts will be a waste of time and the qualify of ASEAN NOW might just improve a little bit.

Bring it on.

Less is more, on the many Facebook groups very little moderation

Have you been keeping up with the Thai news? If so do you think Thailand has become lot more violent say since 2014 , so many illegal guns, really brutal murders, stabbings, Road rage is now a lot more common here, shooting other drivers. 

I feel almost paranoid now when buying rubbish sacks. :giggle: 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2023 at 3:46 AM, Zendesigner said:

Hi, 

As Ex moderator in 2003 of this forum, dropped in to have a look.  Exactly 20 years later. 

Any old admins & mods from way back then around still ? 

I see George is still running the business and going strong... 

Zen

Good to see you. I'd wondered not that long ago how things were going for you.

24 minutes ago, tandor said:

Couldn't ChatGPT be used for that and also editing news items from other sources, whose sentence structure and grammar is really non-sensicalin this modern era! Expressing my opinion only.

No it couldn't. ChatGPT is not owned or operated by ASEAN NOW, they merely offer a portal to access it.

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do we really have a lot of posts with racism, sexism, ageism?

We have some. But [old]ageism has never been censored, while certain nationalities are consistently rubbished. Let you guess; this is an "english forum".