Woman caught with 5 million baht worth of drugs disguised as a tourist

snoop1130

9 hours ago, MartinL said:

"Woman caught with 5 million baht worth of drugs disguised as a tourist".

Were the drugs dressed-up like a UK-style Guy? How do they know the drugs were disguised as a tourist and not another category of visitor? 

Another one; "Pickup driver kills motorcyclist fleeing alcohol test in Bangkok". No, it wasn't the bike rider fleeing the test - he was on his way home from work - but the pickup driver.

There's some really amateurish headline writing on here today. Granted, much of this is simply copy from other sources, rather than AN originals, but they're still amateurish.

Thanks Karen

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A woman from Phetchaburi, known as Ae Rai Rhon Khon, was apprehended today, while disguised as a tourist and transporting drugs in a passenger van. Authorities seized nearly 50,000 methamphetamine pills as she prepared to enter Kanchanaburi. The arrest followed a tip-off about a drug trafficking operation from a neighbouring country into Thailand.

That's stopped her little excursions across the provinces paid for with drug money... hope she likes time locked away.

''Psst did you hear they have picked up our mule?''

''Yeh lucky the RTP were too stupid to follow her to us, are you packed?''

'' Yes mate I'm out of here, before she grasses us up ''

" lucky for us the cops love PR and photo ops."

14 hours ago, MartinL said:

Were the drugs dressed-up like a UK-style Guy? How do they know the drugs were disguised as a tourist and not another category of visitor? 

Another one; "Pickup driver kills motorcyclist fleeing alcohol test in Bangkok". No, it wasn't the bike rider fleeing the test - he was on his way home from work - but the pickup driver.

There's some really amateurish headline writing on here today. Granted, much of this is simply copy from other sources, rather than AN originals, but they're still amateurish.

Both from the same contributor. It would be unwise for me to comment further. 

On 8/25/2023 at 7:59 PM, transam said:

Oh dear, I hope she likes fish head soup..........????

Don't worry.  If she gets a high blood pressure reading and feels a bit sick due to the stress of going to prison on the first day...... I am sure she will be helicopters to a private air conditioned hospital room to relax with basic comforts. 

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:45 PM, MartinL said:

I believe it' a problem caused by the writer not being a native English speaker.

(or Australian)

On 8/26/2023 at 7:04 AM, rwill said:

I was wondering how they disquised the drugs as a tourist.

Grammatical errors aside, even the concept of a person disguising themselves as a tourist seems absurd to me. How do you even do that?  ????

• 2 weeks later...