Thai Internet idol Mintan speaks out on unending stalker harassment despite court order

snoop1130

Screenshot-2023-08-28-093110.jpg

Internet idol Mintan, renowned for the page หนูมินตันทาสกระดาน continues to face relentless harassment from a persistent stalker. Mintan recently updated her followers that the same security guard who had previously been found guilty of harassing her is once again causing her distress.

Mintan exposed her ordeal in a post, revealing that she has been tormented for almost three years by the same individual suffering from a mental disorder. The court had ordered him to cease all forms of harassment, both offline and online. Despite this, he remains undeterred and shows no regard for the law.

She described the punishment given to the security guard as minimal, merely meeting with probation officers and paying a fine. The stalker continues to lurk, and Mintan has heightened her guard. She questioned the legal system’s efficiency, stating that it seems victims must wait until a stalker’s harassment escalates before the law intervenes seriously.

“I’ve tried to stay silent on this matter. I don’t like drama, really. I want to focus on my work. But, the quieter I become, the more he feels encouraged and the harassment intensifies.”

By Neill Fronde

Caption: Mintan still faces harassment from the same security guard stalker courts punished last year. (via Sanook)

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-internet-idol-mintan-speaks-out-on-unending-stalker-harassment-despite-court-order

-- The Thaiger 2023-08-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I must have missed it in the article, does she work?

I just looked and she has 693,000 followers on Instagram.. 

According to Business Insider, an Instagram influencer with 1,000 to 10,000 followers can make $900 per post on average.

Not sure if it is work, but it sure is a decent income stream.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Possibly if she wouldn't be a so-called influencer then there wouldn't be a stalker.

If she wants to be a celebrity, then I suggest she should pay for her own security.

Should taxpayers' money be used to protect someone who deliberately puts themselves at risk?

I don't think so. 

So if I decide you're a real piece of work, start stalking you and harrassing you, you shouldn't be entitled to any protection under the law even when I start escalating my harrassment? Oh no, says you, I'm not doing this for work purposes, I just write posts on ThaiVisa to troll others! Therefore not fair? But if this WAS your work, then no problems, I can harrass you all I like?

I had previously mistaken you for someone capable of rational thought, but I was incorrect.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JCauto said:

So if I decide you're a real piece of work, start stalking you and harrassing you, you shouldn't be entitled to any protection under the law even when I start escalating my harrassment? Oh no, says you, I'm not doing this for work purposes, I just write posts on ThaiVisa to troll others! Therefore not fair? But if this WAS your work, then no problems, I can harrass you all I like?

I had previously mistaken you for someone capable of rational thought, but I was incorrect.

Ok, lets look at some more radical examples. There are some influencers and YouTube "stars" who get their likes and clicks because of stupid pranks. They make other peoples' lives difficult and they profit from their subscribers. 

If someone would harass those influencers, who harass other people for a living, do you think the police should protect those influencers? Should the taxpayers pay for protection for those people? I don't think so. Above is the same principle.

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Possibly if she wouldn't be a so-called influencer then there wouldn't be a stalker.

If she wants to be a celebrity, then I suggest she should pay for her own security.

Should taxpayers' money be used to protect someone who deliberately puts themselves at risk?

I don't think so. 

In the same line of "don't wear a bikini at the beach?

On the other hand people with a bit of money can solve a problem like this very easily in Thailand.

Maybe more people are following her to see how this story ends?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, lets look at some more radical examples. There are some influencers and YouTube "stars" who get their likes and clicks because of stupid pranks. They make other peoples' lives difficult and they profit from their subscribers. 

If someone would harass those influencers, who harass other people for a living, do you think the police should protect those influencers? Should the taxpayers pay for protection for those people? I don't think so. Above is the same principle.

Why? Why not just answer the questions I posed?

This woman didn't run any pranks or make other people's lives difficult or otherwise break the law or harrass other people as far as I can tell and there was nothing in the story to indicate she did or that she has otherwise done anything wrong. There was no indication of it in the article and you've not provided any evidence she did anything other than her business as an influencer. You just started slamming your fists into the keyboard because as an old person you find "influencers" to be absurd and don't participate in that economy and furthermore the idea of a pretty young woman being able to make an independent living outside of paternalistic boundaries bothers you.

If she did something "radical", then she is liable for the impacts she caused and laws she broke. We don't expect society to engage in individual vigilantism to enforce the law.

And as to your example, there was a  NYC influencer dude who told his thousands (or millions) of followers that he was going to give away a large amount of stuff in public in Times Square and caused a riot. He has been charged and will likely face significant legal sanction because he DIDN'T take any precautions or pay for security for his stunt. That's just normal procedure.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JCauto said:

You just started slamming your fists into the keyboard because as an old person you find "influencers" to be absurd and don't participate in that economy and furthermore the idea of a pretty young woman being able to make an independent living outside of paternalistic boundaries bothers you.

I stopped reading after your rant.

"paternalistic boundaries" wow, do they teach you to use that term in woke class and how to do virtual signaling? 

Just looking at that picture above it's pretty obvious that she sells sex or whatever woke people call this these days. 

Action - reaction. That principle is well understood since centuries. But obviously the woke crowd has problems with the truth when it doesn't match "their truth".

Enjoy your Lalaland. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I stopped reading after your rant.

"paternalistic boundaries" wow, do they teach you to use that term in woke class and how to do virtual signaling? 

Just looking at that picture above it's pretty obvious that she sells sex or whatever woke people call this these days. 

Action - reaction. That principle is well understood since centuries. But obviously the woke crowd has problems with the truth when it doesn't match "their truth".

Enjoy your Lalaland. 

The master of deflection again refuses to engage in substantive debate, situation normal. You always have reasons for never answering any points but just moving on to the next bit of nonsense.

Oh, plus the egregious misogyny and assumption that this young woman is selling sex, which totally doesn't indicate any paternalism on your part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

The master of deflection again refuses to engage in substantive debate, situation normal. You always have reasons for never answering any points but just moving on to the next bit of nonsense.

Oh, plus the egregious misogyny and assumption that this young woman is selling sex, which totally doesn't indicate any paternalism on your part.

If you want to "engage in substantive debate" then you could start with a civilized response. And adding all your woke terms doesn't help.

I will block you now. I had enough of this nonsense.

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't think so. 

What an interesting person you are.

Thaksin = bad

Prayuth = good

Influencer = bad

Stalker = good

• Like 2

Everyone one should be under the same protection of the law. The fact they she could pay for protection shouldn't mean the police shouldn't do their job.

In a normal country the Security Guard would be charged with Contempt of Court.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You really do have the most smooth-brained takes around here 

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you want to "engage in substantive debate" then you could start with a civilized response. And adding all your woke terms doesn't help.

I will block you now. I had enough of this nonsense.

Talks absolute gibberish, takes umbrage when called out for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

You really do have the most smooth-brained takes around here 

Where did you find that word? I have to admit I had to look it up.

Do they teach you words like that in woke school, so that it sounds as if you are smart?

I always find it amazing when some people don't understand comments and then they accuse the people who wrote the comments of being stupid. Who is stupid? The person who writes something which you don't understand or you, when you don't understand it?

Brain.png.187031cf1583170a39494bcf2bf3dc3e.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

Talks absolute gibberish, takes umbrage when called out for it. 

I just had a look at your profile.

You seem to be one of those gender activists. I guess that explains a lot.

It must be difficult for you to exist in the real world.

Good luck, you need it. 

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just had a look at your profile.

You seem to be one of those gender activists. I guess that explains a lot.

It must be difficult for you to exist in the real world.

Good luck, you need it. 

aww your feels hurt by gender as well? Poor little man

• Haha 1