I've studied more than 5,000 near death experiences. My research has convinced me without a doubt that there's life after death.

Social Media

54 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Science has nothing to do with spirituality.

Better to say I don’t think scientific method has tools to sense god and spirituality at this stage rather than say spirituality is on some pedestal above the need for scientific method, not requiring any evidence, your feelings being enough. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Having been under anesthesia more than a dozen times, there is nothing there. No consciousness of time between being sedated, and waking up after whatever surgery was done.

Everyone is different in their reaction to anesthesia. My best guess is the people who have out-of-body experiences are imagining scenarios when unconscious, or when their hearts have stopped.

Science has explained the bright light seen by many dying patients in terms of increased brain activity. That can be measured, subjective experiences cannot.

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/mind-and-spirit/article-741912

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Better to say I don’t think scientific method has tools to sense god and spirituality at this stage rather than say spirituality is on some pedestal above the need for scientific method, not requiring any evidence, your feelings being enough. 

I was trained in Science at university. I'm not saying spirituality is above science, just apart from.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, retarius said:

Not an issue, you can keep the heart, lungs and other functions alive by mechanical means. You cannot keep the brain alive by mechanical means after it is dead....when your brain is dead everything else stops unless there is mechanical support. There is no such thing a soul.

The Brain is like a car battery when it goes flat it can be recharged but in the end the cells die and wont take a charge.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I experience soul consciousness, after learning how in retreats in India when young.

What's the gist of the technique?

I've been hypnotically regressed to a former life. 

What was your former life?

I've experienced reincarnation

Of course. We all have.

At different stages in our lives we are living in different realms of existence.

Most of us have been through hell in this very life.

Some of us are living in gluttony/addiction as a 'hungry ghost' (a 'preta' as described in the literature).

Some have experienced tranquility/heaven right here in this life.

This is how I understand reincarnation after practicing Vipassana for many many years.

I think it all pertains to our life on Earth; we are reborn into different states of consciousness in this very life.

I don't really think reincarnation means I'll become a frog in my next life.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you mean 'Bret'?

I think it's spelled Preta in the literature.

But I don't view this as an actual ghost in a ghost realm.

We can see them walking among us; they are human.

I am pretty sure we have all spent some time as a 'hungry ghost' ????

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I too am convinced this life is far more than meets the eye. Not a religious thing for me, but perhaps more of a spiritual thing. Or intuitive. Many people cannot conceive or embrace anything they cannot see, touch, feel, hear or smell, nor anything that has not been proven. Yet, there are countless examples of science, biology, and humanity that were once thought to be heresy, or bizarre, and have now been proven. I am ok having faith in a belief of something that cannot be proven. I have studied Hinduism extensively, and their teachings on reincarnation make alot of sense to me. I am considered by many to be eccentric. I love the mysteries of the universe, and am capable of taking leaps of faith, so to speak. For many that makes one a fool, or a nutter. I take that as a badge of honor. The last thing in the world I want to be is considered "normal", and not be full of curiousity and questions about this rather amazing life of ours. I find the study of, and belief in reincarnation to be fascinating, and I believe in it, with every molecule of my being. This life just does not make sense to me, otherwise. There is so much we do not know. Of this I am certain.

There are multiple mentions of reincarnation in the bible, but most Christians choose to ignore all of it. The doctrine that human beings, compelled by the law of evolution, incarnate repeatedly in progressively higher lives — retarded by wrong actions and desires, and advanced by spiritual endeavours — until Self-realization and God-union are attained. Having thus transcended the limitations and imperfections of mortal consciousness, the soul is forever freed from compulsory reincarnation. “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out” (Revelation 3:12).

One interpretation of the process of reincarnation:

Some rather profound quotes on reincarnation, from Hindu based spiritual masters.

Man lives in one body and with one name only once. He never reincarnates again with the same form and identity. A person may wear a garment for some time and then discard it, never to use it again. Similarly, the soul wears a different body in each of many lifetimes until, through reincarnation and spiritual evolution, it ascends back to Spirit. Thus you live only once as any particular person, but the soul, the eternal you, lives through numerous reincarnations, carrying with it the cumulative personality and karmic tendencies of its past existences. -- Read more: http://yogananda.com.au/gurus/yoganandaquotes06b.html

Hindu texts strongly encourage individuals to spend their human births endeavoring to make spiritual progress. Though not impossible to achieve moksha in other incarnations, Hindu sages have long insisted that this is far easier done in a human birth. The whole of material creation can be likened to a rehabilitation center meant for helping a soul to rediscover its Divine nature. One of creation’s mechanisms to help facilitate a soul’s spiritual development is karma, the concept that every thought and action has a corresponding reaction. Through karma, selfless actions uplift a soul, while selfish actions degrade it. The results of both selfless and selfish actions are experienced over a series of lives, as a soul comes to understand how its actions affect those and the world around it.

Karma is thus the ultimate teacher of empathy. Theoretically speaking, if one takes its karmic lessons seriously, and strives to act selflessly, one can continuously elevate its status of existence. If, however, a person chooses to commit one selfish act after another, spiritual progress is not made and in extreme cases what progress has already been made can be squandered.

https://www.hinduamerican.org/blog/5-things-to-know-about-karma-and-reincarnation

Not only is there scientific evidence to support the Buddhist belief in rebirth, it is the only after-life theory that has any evidence to support it. There is not a scrap of evidence to prove the existence of heaven and of course evidence of annihilation at death must be lacking. But during the last 30 years parapsychologists have been studying reports that some people have vivid memories of their former lives. For example, in England, a 5 year-old girl said she could remember her "other mother and father" and she talked vividly about what sounded like the events in the life of another person. Parapsychologists were called in and they asked her hundreds of questions to which she gave answers. She spoke of living in a particular village in what appeared to be Spain, she gave the name of the village, the name of the street she lived in, her neighbors' names and details about her everyday life there. She also fearfully spoke of how she had been struck by a car and died of her injuries two days later. When these details were checked, they were found to be accurate. There was a village in Spain with the name the five-year-old girl had given. There was a house of the type she had described in the street she had named. What is more, it was found that a 23-year-old woman living in the house had been killed in a car accident five years before. Now how is it possible for a five year- old girl living in England and who had never been to Spain to know all these details? And of course, this is not the only case of this type. Professor Ian Stevenson of the University of Virginia's Department of Psychology has described dozens of cases of this type in his books. He is an accredited scientist whose 25 year study of people who remember former lives is very strong evidence for the Buddhist teaching of rebirth.

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/qanda05.htm

I particularly like this one, as I do not believe in luck, nor chance. Nor do I believe a great talent is fully learned. It may have been brought over, from another lifetime.

People born with special talents aren’t a coincidence, but were brought down from their past lives. Life’s unexplained rewards and punishments, such as winning the lottery are results of reincarnation. There is no luck, you deserved whatever you got. Near Death Experiences (NDE’s) prove that the five senses are not dead after death of the physical body has taken place. People who have been dead for ten to fifteen minutes have been brought back to life and been able to describe what they experienced during their moments of death. 

https://aaari.info/03-01-10naval/

The Bhagavad-gita (15.8) explains that the souls who transmigrate from one body to the next carry with them their conceptions of life, which can be correlated with the mental and moral characteristics. When children are born from parents, their physical bodies come from their parents and so they resemble their parents’ physically, whereas their mental and moral characteristics come from their own past lives and so these characteristics differ from their parents’. Applying the Gita understanding to geniuses, those souls who have in earlier lives cultivated the self-conceptions of being artists carry to their next bodies that conception along with its associated talents – and so appear precociously talented.

Thus, the reincarnation theory doesn’t contradict genetics, but supplements it by explaining much that genetics can’t explain.

https://iskconnews.org/does-genetics-disprove-reincarnation/

Excellent post.  Sadly, or maybe no, some will not understand or try to. 

It's like explaining to someone who has never taken LSD what it is like, or telling someone what being in India is like. Have you ever been there?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I think it's spelled Preta in the literature.

But I don't view this as an actual ghost in a ghost realm.

We can see them walking among us; they are human.

I am pretty sure we have all spent some time as a 'hungry ghost' ????

Oh yes, I certainly have. Even had a oesophageal issue that prevented me eating! 

In Thai it's เปรต  -  Bpraet

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I too am convinced this life is far more than meets the eye. Not a religious thing for me, but perhaps more of a spiritual thing. Or intuitive. Many people cannot conceive or embrace anything they cannot see, touch, feel, hear or smell, nor anything that has not been proven. Yet, there are countless examples of science, biology, and humanity that were once thought to be heresy, or bizarre, and have now been proven. I am ok having faith in a belief of something that cannot be proven. I have studied Hinduism extensively, and their teachings on reincarnation make alot of sense to me. I am considered by many to be eccentric. I love the mysteries of the universe, and am capable of taking leaps of faith, so to speak. For many that makes one a fool, or a nutter. I take that as a badge of honor. The last thing in the world I want to be is considered "normal", and not be full of curiousity and questions about this rather amazing life of ours. I find the study of, and belief in reincarnation to be fascinating, and I believe in it, with every molecule of my being. This life just does not make sense to me, otherwise. There is so much we do not know. Of this I am certain.

There are multiple mentions of reincarnation in the bible, but most Christians choose to ignore all of it. The doctrine that human beings, compelled by the law of evolution, incarnate repeatedly in progressively higher lives — retarded by wrong actions and desires, and advanced by spiritual endeavours — until Self-realization and God-union are attained. Having thus transcended the limitations and imperfections of mortal consciousness, the soul is forever freed from compulsory reincarnation. “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out” (Revelation 3:12).

One interpretation of the process of reincarnation:

Some rather profound quotes on reincarnation, from Hindu based spiritual masters.

Man lives in one body and with one name only once. He never reincarnates again with the same form and identity. A person may wear a garment for some time and then discard it, never to use it again. Similarly, the soul wears a different body in each of many lifetimes until, through reincarnation and spiritual evolution, it ascends back to Spirit. Thus you live only once as any particular person, but the soul, the eternal you, lives through numerous reincarnations, carrying with it the cumulative personality and karmic tendencies of its past existences. -- Read more: http://yogananda.com.au/gurus/yoganandaquotes06b.html

Hindu texts strongly encourage individuals to spend their human births endeavoring to make spiritual progress. Though not impossible to achieve moksha in other incarnations, Hindu sages have long insisted that this is far easier done in a human birth. The whole of material creation can be likened to a rehabilitation center meant for helping a soul to rediscover its Divine nature. One of creation’s mechanisms to help facilitate a soul’s spiritual development is karma, the concept that every thought and action has a corresponding reaction. Through karma, selfless actions uplift a soul, while selfish actions degrade it. The results of both selfless and selfish actions are experienced over a series of lives, as a soul comes to understand how its actions affect those and the world around it.

Karma is thus the ultimate teacher of empathy. Theoretically speaking, if one takes its karmic lessons seriously, and strives to act selflessly, one can continuously elevate its status of existence. If, however, a person chooses to commit one selfish act after another, spiritual progress is not made and in extreme cases what progress has already been made can be squandered.

https://www.hinduamerican.org/blog/5-things-to-know-about-karma-and-reincarnation

Not only is there scientific evidence to support the Buddhist belief in rebirth, it is the only after-life theory that has any evidence to support it. There is not a scrap of evidence to prove the existence of heaven and of course evidence of annihilation at death must be lacking. But during the last 30 years parapsychologists have been studying reports that some people have vivid memories of their former lives. For example, in England, a 5 year-old girl said she could remember her "other mother and father" and she talked vividly about what sounded like the events in the life of another person. Parapsychologists were called in and they asked her hundreds of questions to which she gave answers. She spoke of living in a particular village in what appeared to be Spain, she gave the name of the village, the name of the street she lived in, her neighbors' names and details about her everyday life there. She also fearfully spoke of how she had been struck by a car and died of her injuries two days later. When these details were checked, they were found to be accurate. There was a village in Spain with the name the five-year-old girl had given. There was a house of the type she had described in the street she had named. What is more, it was found that a 23-year-old woman living in the house had been killed in a car accident five years before. Now how is it possible for a five year- old girl living in England and who had never been to Spain to know all these details? And of course, this is not the only case of this type. Professor Ian Stevenson of the University of Virginia's Department of Psychology has described dozens of cases of this type in his books. He is an accredited scientist whose 25 year study of people who remember former lives is very strong evidence for the Buddhist teaching of rebirth.

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/qanda05.htm

I particularly like this one, as I do not believe in luck, nor chance. Nor do I believe a great talent is fully learned. It may have been brought over, from another lifetime.

People born with special talents aren’t a coincidence, but were brought down from their past lives. Life’s unexplained rewards and punishments, such as winning the lottery are results of reincarnation. There is no luck, you deserved whatever you got. Near Death Experiences (NDE’s) prove that the five senses are not dead after death of the physical body has taken place. People who have been dead for ten to fifteen minutes have been brought back to life and been able to describe what they experienced during their moments of death. 

https://aaari.info/03-01-10naval/

The Bhagavad-gita (15.8) explains that the souls who transmigrate from one body to the next carry with them their conceptions of life, which can be correlated with the mental and moral characteristics. When children are born from parents, their physical bodies come from their parents and so they resemble their parents’ physically, whereas their mental and moral characteristics come from their own past lives and so these characteristics differ from their parents’. Applying the Gita understanding to geniuses, those souls who have in earlier lives cultivated the self-conceptions of being artists carry to their next bodies that conception along with its associated talents – and so appear precociously talented.

Thus, the reincarnation theory doesn’t contradict genetics, but supplements it by explaining much that genetics can’t explain.

https://iskconnews.org/does-genetics-disprove-reincarnation/

There aren't any supporters in the Bible about reincarnation. Those that are said are someone's false interpretations. Half of Hindus do not believe in reincarnation even though it is in their teachings. ............https://bible.org/question/what-does-bible-say-about-reincarnation

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Excellent post.  Sadly, or maybe no, some will not understand or try to. 

It's like explaining to someone who has never taken LSD what it is like, or telling someone what being in India is like. Have you ever been there?

Thank you! Been to India many times, the first trip back in 1975! Calcutta in 75 was a thing to behold! Been many times since. Likely that, and the study of Hinduism has been a big part of my intrigue with reincarnation, and the degree to which I consider it to be a reality. India is fascinating, and very deep nation, full of contrasts, mysteries, and ancient sights, sounds, culture, smells, and wisdom. It is only for the strong, but well worth a visit, for those who are open minded, and very hardy. Also, I had the very good fortune of being able to meet Mother Theresa, and a couple of other saints, in my travels there.

And in regard to LSD my 100+ trips between the age of 14 and 16 changed my life forever. Really opened up my mind and heart. Never had anything even bordering on a bad trip. Nothing but amazing, every time.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thank you! Been to India many times, the first trip back in 1975! Calcutta in 75 was a thing to behold! Been many times since. Likely that, and the study of Hinduism has been a big part of my intrigue with reincarnation, and the degree to which I consider it to be a reality. India is fascinating, and very deep nation, full of contrasts, mysteries, and ancient sights, sounds, culture, smells, and wisdom. It is only for the strong, but well worth a visit, for those who are open minded, and very hardy. Also, I had the very good fortune of being able to meet Mother Theresa, and a couple of other saints, in my travels there.

And in regard to LSD my 100+ trips between the age of 14 and 16 changed my life forever. Really opened up my mind and heart. Never had anything even bordering on a bad trip. Nothing but amazing, every time.

????

Soren Kierkegaard is very good on this sort of stuff and worth a read. It's sane stuff not mumbo jumbo. It explained clearly the difference between knowledge and belief, and how some people confuse the two and think that their belief is actual knowledge when it is only an unfounded belief.