Where I live Ive noticed more locals are not obsessed with wearing the facial mask anymore. But some still are.

13 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

If wearing a mask saves one person from getting Covid from you, which they were intended to do, then it's worthwhile. One thing I will  agree with Transam is that this has been addressed many times before, with all kinds of replies. The masks also protect you and others from common colds an flu, so that's always a good thing coming into that season. A person who is sick is doing the right thing by wearing a mask in public. Locals have been educated on wearing masks, although some wear them while nowhere near others and some don't while in the back of a pickup with 12 people likewise not wearing masks. Covid is and will always be around, and I've probably had it at least three times, and once it wasn't so mild. I wear masks whenever I go into public stores, for a few reasons. One is respect.

No flu, no common cold, for me since August 2019. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

18 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Have you been outside since then?

I live in a nice house with few neighbors, and mostly farmers, with only one rooster. 

I can therefore enjoy being outside without worrying about being run over by all the sorts of strange vehicles we see in Thailand. 

My best friends are the Thai Mynas that continuously vocalize in so many super-intelligent ways. 

There is no need for my to waste time, and to risk life and limb, venturing forth on the highways and byways around CM. 

Most of what I need is now delivered to my door. 

3BB is amazingly stable, and hasn't stopped working in over two years. 

I am now living my dream and feel content as a clam in the mud of the waterways surrounding Niantic. 

When I want to ride in a car, I call my favorite female driver/friend, and we crack jokes on the way to and from our destinations. 

This is what life is all about for me. 

I spend almost every day on the internet with students in China. I have a useful purpose in life. I admire Noam Chomsky for his incredible ability to teach lucidly at aged 94. 

Now, I am considering having my wood floors waxed to improve the anesthetics of my present existence... 

Call me Lucky... 

Chok Di!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Possibly, you are a very sensitive person in many respects. Perhaps you are from the English upper class or maybe from Oz?

Am from USA as I state under my avatar.  My ancestry is English Irish, but no upper class that I ever heard of.

Yes I have a fairly sensitive nose/sense of smell.  

I think I look cool and mysterious outdoors with my fedora and mask and large dark sunglasses.   People cannot tell who I am or my age. 555 

Also can walk by tourists/youtubers with their gopro camera and am incognito as well! 

Am 66 now, yet 20 years ago when I had long still blondish hair and beard people sometimes mistook me for Richard Branson!   

Here in Pattaya many female personal companions/massage therapists will show up at my condo with masks....I would say more than 50% still wear them.   With a mask and sunglasses and cap, a young Thai lady can literally "save face" when showing up at a large condo lobby, because people cannot see her face!  555

• Love It 1