Where I live Ive noticed more locals are not obsessed with wearing the facial mask anymore. But some still are.

17 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Am from USA as I state under my avatar.  My ancestry is English Irish, but no upper class that I ever heard of.

Yes I have a fairly sensitive nose/sense of smell.  

I think I look cool and mysterious outdoors with my fedora and mask and large dark sunglasses.   People cannot tell who I am or my age. 555 

Also can walk by tourists/youtubers with their gopro camera and am incognito as well! 

Am 66 now, yet 20 years ago when I had long still blondish hair and beard people sometimes mistook me for Richard Branson!   

Here in Pattaya many female personal companions/massage therapists will show up at my condo with masks....I would say more than 50% still wear them.   With a mask and sunglasses and cap, a young Thai lady can literally "save face" when showing up at a large condo lobby, because people cannot see her face!  555

You didn't answer his question...

But, if you looked like Sir Richard, then you were definitely not of the upper crust....

I haven't met anyone in person who is "obsessed" with masks. People just do the reasonable thing and wear one when it makes sense. On the other hand I've read many topics and posts of people who obsess about such a boring matter. This very topic being a case in point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, advancebooking said:

duh. Bc I dont believe him. This thread is the first of its kind ie original thinking. 

More like...

Original Sin, IMHO...

Because, ...

The Apple is a symbol for Knowledge..and..

Thinking can lead to questioning...and...

QUESTIONING can lead to...

KNOWLEDGE...

So, anyway, this is not...

A circular argument.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Personally, I haven't worn a mask for yonks. Only when I walk into a private hospital when someone asks me to wear one will I do so. 

I think its ridiculous to be wearing one day in day out. The threat of the chinese virus is over.  I recently paid a sign guy to erect a vinal sign on our building. Towards the end of the job he saw me walking towards him and he put on his mask. I hung around until it was finished. He had a long neck of beer with him. Took a drink and put his mask back on. I lost respect for him. Thought he was an idiot. Is he that paranoid to catch a virus (from me)

We have a busy small business. Ive noticed half the customers that walk in dont wear them which is good. I sit at reception not wearing one of course. 

I think its quite weird that many thais are still wearing them when majority of population in western countries are clearly not. 

The only time I see one wearing a mask it is an Asian 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bignok said:

Good masks block dust and particles from car exhaust. Cheap ones nothing much.

Actually, surgical masks, even cheap ones, do work, but less well than a respirator. 

It's all about the physics of particles in the air adhering to the fibers of the mask. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Covid still exists, at a lower infection level of course, but not zero. My father (old person of course) got it recently back in European home country. Not fun. Let people decide what they want to do and carry on with your life. You don;t know their motives, maybe they have an elderly person or a young baby at home. Or too many pimples. Does it bother you much?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Why does it bother you what others do?

Personally I will still wear a mask where it is required and sometimes out of respect for those I'm interacting with.

It's means people are insane if more  than 5% of people are wearing masks anywhere now. 
period. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, transam said:

This has been done-to-death, try and be a bit more imaginative........:saai:

Maybe get off the forum awhile but of course go to home page to see all the ads because they are good. Then you would not post such nonsense. 

• Confused 1

After the last Topic about Masks I took notice more, very rarely see anyone without a mask....

Sunday afternoon went to Makro  lots of people shopping only noticed 3 people without masks, maybe the area ?  did not notice any other non Thais there

People that walk up/down the Village all appear to wear there masks   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Maybe get off the forum awhile but of course go to home page to see all the ads because they are good. Then you would not post such nonsense. 

Sorry, I don't have any ads on my PC, please go back to start and try again....????