All you can eat/drink hotel buffet recommendations.

bamboozled

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Being that fat is an unfortunate situation and an illness. A serious condition to be in for many. 

I hear ya'     it's certainly not an illness for her or she wouldn't be there pigging out.   just saying.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I regularly eat at the Au Der Auf German buffet breakfast in CM, opens at 10:30am, all you can eat for 230bht.

We arrive at 10:35-10:45 .......... how long can the food have been out?

Very nice thick sliced boiled ham, and all sorts of bread rolls/sliced bread.

Agreed...    and if someone comes at midday, it doesn't mean the food has been sat there lukewarm for 1:30 hrs...  because people will have eaten and fresh food put in its place.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

+1 on the Buffet at Goji, Queens Park Marriott Marquis...

Best buffet in Bangkok, IMO...    The Prime rib there is excellent. 

And consistently keep the same quality over many years.

Many restaurants I have visited for being excellent first time, but next time a disaster.

In the same soi, you have No Idea, which have a great ala carte menu, and wine cellar. Also sell cheese and sausages there. Also consistent over the years. 

The buffet I first talked about at La Favola, and would like to find again, does not have luke-warm food hanging around. It's a fancy place and if you don't like the temp of the food you can tell them. There were a lot of food stations where things would be made to order. Carving stations, pizza station, pasta station. Seafood with oysters, shrimp, etc.... Desert station. They would come around with various small plates or to dish out pasta, etc... There was a separate room with artisanal cheeses and charcuterie, breads and crackers, dried fruits and nuts. The setting is lovely and you don't go wearing your sleeveless-tee and sandals. And if you paired it with the free-flow drink, you had your choice of sparkling, white, and red wines (not out of a box) and various mixed cocktails with high-end liquor. Everything was not perfect but it made for a fun "event" every once and a while. Worth the 2k splurge if you can spare it. As mentioned, it's a nice break from the usual routine (for me) and feels like I've taken a mini trip somewhere.

Cheers all.

• Like 1

In BKK, Zuma is the best IMO, in fact the best I've been to anywhere; they bring food to your table, extremely well presented and high quality. Kempinski also v good, but both these are expensive. JW Marriott (Tsu/Nami) used to be excellent, haven't been for a while, but last time felt prices had gone up & quality down; very Japanesey (as is Zuma), of course, & not cheap. Significantly cheaper are Millenium & Radisson Blu - ok, not great. The better Indians (Punjab Grill, Indus, Maya) do Sunday brunch as well; look like it's going to be good value, but disappointing; food nowhere near as good as served in the evening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hummin said:

Being that fat is an unfortunate situation and an illness. A serious condition to be in for many. 

Obesity is not an 'illness', it is a conscious choice.

Actually I think it is a 'Fad'...just like Tik Tok.

I was obese for many years, and started to see the mounting high body fat, the high visceral fat, higher resting heart rate, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, sleep disorders, numbness in my lower legs, and finally diabetes.

And then I made another conscious choice. One year later I lost 35% of my body weight, by starting vigorous exercise, eating WFPB...and all symptoms vanished. Been WFPB for 31 years (now age 75), and still spend 2 hours at the gym everyday. And love my fresh whole (not processed) food.

If your food has an ingredients label...it's 'processed'. Fresh Broccoli, Arugula, Cauliflower, Spinach, Celery, Carrots...etc...have no ingredients label.

Up to you...

Edited by tkramer
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Really ???...  or is this simply outside of your budget and you're trying to justify the reasons you don't go to such buffets ??

No criticism if you can't afford it, there's plenty I can't afford. 

But I don't criticise the intelligence of wealthy people who can afford a First Class flight.

You have brought intelligence (sense) into the equation because someone can afford 2000 baht per person for a good buffet lunch - it's hardly an intelligent or sensible argument. 

More to do with waste than afford.

Plenty of food for around 250bht that I really like, so why spend 2,000bht if I don't like it 10x more?

Only fools waste money IMHO.

1 hour ago, tkramer said:

Obesity is not an 'illness', it is a conscious choice.

Actually I think it is a 'Fad'...just like Tik Tok.

I was obese for many years, and started to see the mounting high body fat, the high visceral fat, higher resting heart rate, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, sleep disorders, numbness in my lower legs, and finally diabetes.

And then I made another conscious choice. One year later I lost 35% of my body weight, by starting vigorous exercise, eating WFPB...and all symptoms vanished. Been WFPB for 31 years (now age 75), and still spend 2 hours at the gym everyday. And love my fresh whole (not processed) food.

If your food has an ingredients label...it's 'processed'. Fresh Broccoli, Arugula, Cauliflower, Spinach, Celery, Carrots...etc...have no ingredients label.

Up to you...

Pure logic to use your own experiences only! 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Really ???...  or is this simply outside of your budget and you're trying to justify the reasons you don't go to such buffets ??

No criticism if you can't afford it, there's plenty I can't afford. 

But I don't criticise the intelligence of wealthy people who can afford a First Class flight.

You have brought intelligence (sense) into the equation because someone can afford 2000 baht per person for a good buffet lunch - it's hardly an intelligent or sensible argument. 

My father was a personal professional chef to a lord and lady for 36 years (all is working life) except for his army years spent in the cantering corp. He told me from an early age food is food wherever you go however you want to gloss it up

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

My father was a personal professional chef to a lord and lady for 36 years (all is working life) except for his army years spent in the cantering corp. He told me from an early age food is food wherever you go however you want to gloss it up

Agreed, it all comes out as the same s**t a few hours later.

• Thumbs Up 1