No outside food or drink….

bob smith

If breaking restaurant rules bothers someone so much, why didn't they "man-up" and call the offending people out on their infraction when it was happening?  Too easy to be a keyboard warrior after the fact.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, bob smith said:

This sign OBVIOUSLY does not apply to Chinese people in Thailand!

I was drinking with some Lao politico types and I asked them why there were no anti-kiddy fiddler posters up in Chinese, just in English. They said:

"They get offended. Westerners don't".

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Reading comprehension ... ????

Well it's either a reading comprehension issue on my part or, alternatively, you failed to properly explain what exactly your issue was.

I'll tell you what, I'll do you a deal.... If you have another attempt at explaining, I'll have another crack at trying to understand. Can't say fairer than that.

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

are these people totally incapable of following simple rules such as this??? If I were the owner I would have booted the lot of them out, but nobody did. They each ordered a coffee and water for the kids but does that give them the right to have a 3 course meal in a bloody coffee shop at 8 o clock in the morning? The mess they left behind was appalling. I felt so sorry for the young student girl who had to clean up after them..

god help us all if they are going to be the new leaders of the world! 

How much did they spend, and how much did you spend (you were there before and after them)? I'd keep the customers that spent most and stayed shortest.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How much did they spend, and how much did you spend

I am a regular customer and have been for years.

Seriously you arent suggesting they get rid of a regular customer for a quick chinese buck?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I am a regular customer and have been for years.

Seriously you arent suggesting they get rid of a regular customer for a quick chinese buck?

They appear to have been 15x more profitable than you and I expect you also took up a whole table by yourself.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JayClay said:

Well it's either a reading comprehension issue on my part or, alternatively, you failed to properly explain what exactly your issue was.

I'll tell you what, I'll do you a deal.... If you have another attempt at explaining, I'll have another crack at trying to understand. Can't say fairer than that.

I'll quote myself and simply highlight the 3 parts that should point out I certainly wasn't upset about her advisory.

"Waitress, instead of thinking, 'ding dong farang, can't park there' informed me, odd days, you need to park on other side of street.

Thank You"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it was really bad I would not be above getting up and moving to a far away table. I could care less about these things as long as I’m not sitting closeby (and it’s not a buffet).

One thing I get peeved about is being told where to sit by staff. I no longer play ball on this at all and just sit where I want. It’s never in the enclosed a/c section or by loud Chinese.

It would be uncomfortable if I was already served, but very worth it because it’s very embarrassing for the restaurant and the other patrons.

21 hours ago, bob smith said:

This sign OBVIOUSLY does not apply to Chinese people in Thailand!

I’ve just been for my morning coffee at my regular morning hangout when a family of about 15 Chinese walked in.

I knew the storm was fast approaching.

they sat on the table directly in front of me. Kids were all over the place, climbing on tables, rolling around on the floor, you name it. Then mother goose opened up her backpack and pulled out a packed lunch for all the family, I’m talking full on banquet, orange duck, moo ping, durians,the lot! The stench was almost unbearable! 

all the while I was looking at the sign at the side of their table that read ‘no outside food or drink allowed.’

are these people totally incapable of following simple rules such as this??? If I were the owner I would have booted the lot of them out, but nobody did. They each ordered a coffee and water for the kids but does that give them the right to have a 3 course meal in a bloody coffee shop at 8 o clock in the morning? The mess they left behind was appalling. I felt so sorry for the young student girl who had to clean up after them..

god help us all if they are going to be the new leaders of the world! 

Suprised they didn't bring a camping stove, to cook the prawns ????????

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

I think it's a learning curve, not long ago they were dirt poor, <deleted>ting on the streets (which they still do in foreign countries according to news reports) and in less than a generation, they have the means to vacation abroad, which of-course they do take advantage of.

It would really help if the Chinese government would help their county's reputation, by schooling people traveling abroad, if even for an hour or two, perhaps at the airport, but I guess they have more important things to deal with.

Seen in North Pattaya Second Rd. ,    a Chinese child  about 4 Years old   being held by his adult  in the sitting position     Sh ....ing on the footpath,  when finished, they walked off  with out cleaning the child, or their  mess... and people on here complain  about China bashing!!!!