Thaksin: Former Thai PM's prison sentence reduced to a year

Social Media

11 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I came here to read @OneMoreFarang... I hope he is ok.

With a picture stolen from the net showing a young German Frank Zander who never was in Thailand:).

As long as he is writing here we wont be in danger because of 112 or similar.

He is the number 1 candidate, quite sure. With 10,000 of postings he might live in T. ????

Edited by Tom H
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks. Every day Thaksin is in jail is a good day. 

And even if he is in a luxury hospital, it's still considered jail. There are lots of restrictions for him.

I am sure it's a big difference compared to luxury life in the desert.

I hope he really has to stay that year in "jail". Let's see.

Our opinion does not matter, Issaan people will be happy 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And even if he is in a luxury hospital, it's still considered jail. There are lots of restrictions for him.

In the meantime Thailand continue as nothing ever happened! 

What is the real truth, and who is the real croocks, thats the question ⁉️

10 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

The rest of the world knows... Thailand has no democracy and no ethics at all. 

Shameful 

Sadly not many countries do. Faux democracy like in the UK and US have mechanisms to flaunt the will of the people, ie places where Senators are bought and paid for by multinational corporations, or unelected Chambers exist and most seats are safe. And ethics, how can you expect countries too have ethics when the leaders are power lusting psychopaths?

13 hours ago, Social Media said:

image.png

Thailand's King has reduced the eight-year prison sentence of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to a year.

Mr Thaksin, who returned home last month after 15 years of self-imposed exile, was immediately sent to jail.

He was then moved to the luxury wing of a state hospital after complaining of heart problems.

Mr Thaksin has always said the outstanding sentences, over charges of corruption and abuse of power, were politically motivated.

Deposed by a military coup in 2006, Mr Thaksin, one of Thailand's most influential and polarising personalities, left the country two years later to avoid a prison sentence.

His return on 22 August was assumed to be part of a wider political deal. And it was one that was meant to bring his popular Pheu Thai party together with its one-time adversaries in a compromise government.

And it did that. Hours after he arrived, a new coalition government, led by Pheu Thai, voted its candidate Srettha Thavisin as the new PM. The coalition includes Mr Thaksin's former military rivals who deposed his party in 2014 in a coup.

Mr Thaksin clearly hoped for leniency as a part of that deal, and King Vajiralongkorn has responded quickly to his request for a pardon, reducing his eight-year sentence to just one. Mr Thaksin is likely to stay in hospital.

In response to his request for a royal pardon, the royal gazette on Friday noted his age and "illness". It added that Mr Thaksin "has done good for the country and people and is loyal to the monarchy".

FULL STORY

BBC-LOGO.png

Next stop : rewrite the constitution so it remains the same with more very flexible wording. Then after long and tedious negotiations the Jurassic Park will be kept as it is, for the sake of the peoples' welfare and after advice from the CCP ambassador. Dying out pieces should be replaced by newly discovered dinosaurs with the proven disability  to say yes . Quietly Chalerm Y. will announce his return because statute of limitations and bureaucratic errors have been found under a carpet. Meanwhile MF has been investigated thoroughly and found illegal, all participants that have not yet joined one of the "established" parties will be banned from politics. Eventually K.Srettha will make a wrong remark and  a new uncle will ...................etc. ad nauseam. If the teacher says the sky is black , then the sky is black, everybody repeat. Happy end.  Puccini could not have got a better libretto, they should be allowed to perform at Verona. Music by Muay Thai. Bring bananas.........

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

3 months max

He will be walking among us by Christmas. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jvs said:

No surprise at all!

Deal was done before he even got here other wise he would never have

come back.

Rest of the year confined to his local luxury residence?

Not as a privilege but for health reason of course.

And out for the occasional golf game .

Well he will require some exercise to recoup his health  :whistling:

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure.

Now tell me, how many farmers in the northeast care about my life in Bangkok? Nobody. So I think that is fair enough.

And just in general, I like the idea that everybody is happy. But if especially the farmers up country vote again and again for the same corrupt politicians, then they shouldn't be surprised that they have again and again a corrupt government. 

So let me get this right, the people and the politicians in Bangkok are not corrupt?

• Confused 1

Ironically, the defacto head of the current ruling quasi populist clique uses personal leverage and presumably fortune for favor. Sort of exactly the thing MVP and even old PT party might have railed against.

Wonder what it cost him. I'm guessing 50-100M one way or another.

I'm certain details of the decision will not be made public ????

Edited by Jelli
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure.

Now tell me, how many farmers in the northeast care about my life in Bangkok? Nobody. So I think that is fair enough.

And just in general, I like the idea that everybody is happy. But if especially the farmers up country vote again and again for the same corrupt politicians, then they shouldn't be surprised that they have again and again a corrupt government. 

So why care Taksin?

17 hours ago, bignok said:

You guys make me laugh. Rich guys all over the world do deals with other rich guys. Been happening forever.

It has ZERO impact on your life.

Just because the rich do deals the world over doesn't mean that ordinary folk have to accept it.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, bignok said:

What court has convicted him of anything given a fair trial? None.

So basically he is an innocent man accused of some white collar stuff. Pretty much all Thai politicians have been accused of such things.

So your so called high moral standards are chest beating and selecting the highest profile one cause it makes you feel better

Umm, I remember him for the 'shoot a dealer and small time user' campaign in which thousands were summarily shop. I don't need to moralise about anything else he is purported to have done. He is on the same low moral level already as Dutertes from the Philippines.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Expat68 said:

So let me get this right, the people and the politicians in Bangkok are not corrupt?

It seems you have difficulties with these complicated things. Are you by any chance a farmer from up-country?

There is very little black and white. There is a lot of grey. Like the grey matter. Some people use that a lot, others not so much. I leave it to you to figure it out. 

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you have difficulties with these complicated things. Are you by any chance a farmer from up-country?

There is very little black and white. There is a lot of grey. Like the grey matter. Some people use that a lot, others not so much. I leave it to you to figure it out. 

Do you speak fluent Thai?

• Confused 2

I did say this in another post, i.e. the deal was already done, but I hinted who it was done with, no names mentioned, but was suspended for two days, no deals done here on Asean now guilty :cheesy:

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Time to make the same arrangements for the comeback of Yingluck .....

Would be easier i guess , as those" kangaroo verdicts " were not as much compering those from Thaksin