Names of Condominium Juristic management in Pattaya

Hi.

Just looking to get some suggestions for Condominium Juristic management in Pattaya. Condominium size 160-180 units.

My personal belief is that the building manager is the nexus for a good result but having a solid company behind them is a large part of a successful relationship also.

Also an idea of cost would be appreciated.

Thanks 

• Confused 1

Cost vary a lot here in Pattaya. From my personal experience, the more units in building (s) the more strict are Juristic Management.

Consider that too, depending on what you prefer.

Some condos only have a weak management, without a actual lawyer. They seldom act (scared). Avoid imo.

Check out proper parking regulations, and also rules for the controversial electric vehicles of any kind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

We pay our Building Management 50,000 a month. Similar size.

What do they provide for the 50,000Baht a month?

Do they actively listen to and respond to instructions / policies decided by the owners committee?

Is the nominated Juristic Person:

- An employee of the building Management company?

- A member of the owners commitee?

- An owner not on the owners committe?

- ? 

From above:  "Do they actively listen to and respond to instructions / policies decided by the owners committee?" I ask this question because years bck in BKK we employed a Building Management company. The onsite lady manager from this company quickly decided to ignore/change orders / policies coming from the owners committee and she decided to spent the common funds without asking the committee and without a second signature. She also 'dismissed' the owner who had been the 'Juristic Person' (JP) and decided a JP wasn't needed. She also reduced the insured amounts on the building insurance without any discusion with the owners committe. Also insisted that owners were not allowed to speak at the very quick AGM. 

Senior policeman unit owner challenged her and refused to stop talking when she intructed him to do so.  Snr. cop called another Snr. cop from an economic crimes unit who lived nearby, he came quickly. Within an hour a legal vote was taken, owners decided to dismiss the m'ment company and it's lady manager on the spot. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Sheeeeesh 50,000 per month must be hell of a condo 

Sorry, we're talking about a condominium complex.

These are all interesting points that I'm hearing here but I'm not getting any names. I know the next statement will be just Google it but I've done that and I keep getting property management for rooms.

So I'm hoping that I can just get some names to follow up with. Cheers 

2 hours ago, Shop mak said:

Cost vary a lot here in Pattaya. From my personal experience, the more units in building (s) the more strict are Juristic Management.

Consider that too, depending on what you prefer.

Some condos only have a weak management, without a actual lawyer. They seldom act (scared). Avoid imo.

Check out proper parking regulations, and also rules for the controversial electric vehicles of any kind

These are all great points and issues I have considered. But I'm struggling to find companies to make comparisons with to be quite honest. Even after a half a dozen posts, there's still not one name that has been presented.

But it's probably my fault as I wasn't clear in my terminology in my OP.

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Yeah thanks. I've done all that and it doesn't provide what I'm looking for. I've also done it with a Google translate Thai language and that doesn't provide what I'm looking for.

But it would be great if someone could just give me names of condominium management companies.

8 hours ago, 1 said:

These are all great points and issues I have considered. But I'm struggling to find companies to make comparisons with to be quite honest. Even after a half a dozen posts, there's still not one name that has been presented.

Try the ‘Full Dick Inn Management Company’. They seem very popular.

9 hours ago, 1 said:

These are all interesting points that I'm hearing here but I'm not getting any names. 

I've bought a dozen condos in Pattaya over the years, they've all (except a New Nordic property) been managed by

Q.P.M.

W.A.M.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 2

„managed“ by a Thai ????.

They cant keep the value. 

Tender processes can be combined with envelopes before …

You just add 2 expensive companies to the chosen one to be on safe side.????

You need a very good Owner Committee acting active in the BM.

Difficult to find because you have to replace them after some years.

Second signatures.

Neutral tenders by bigger amounts managed by engineer offices

Handymen with a lump sum contract 

External bookkeeping?

Juristic Person is the key factor.

Best is an owner of the condo as Juristic because same interest instead of a lawyer.

Never appoint a Juristic from the builder. Conflict of interest!

Why? Empty units cost money????.

Allocation possibilities….

Controlling needed!

If you end up with 40 Baht/sqm lease area you might have an issue or you are very smart.

A proper set up will end up with 50 Baht/sqm up.

Good luck.

Edited by Tom H

14 hours ago, 1 said:

I sent you a PM with the name of our company

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've bought a dozen condos in Pattaya over the years, they've all (except a New Nordic property) been managed by

Q.P.M.

W.A.M.

That's interesting as there is a incomplete new Nordic condo right near bang tao beach. The Google reviews are I lost all my money etc etc. Consider yourself lucky

With a real estate background when looking at Condos years ago or any development here these are my guidrlines. 

Fees are based on size of units.  I keep the size Complex as small as possible the larger the more problems in all areas.

When interested I walk and view as much as possible that includes the stair areas this allows me to see for myself how well kept and the quality of building and maintenance. 

If interested continue if possible if reluctant red flag I want to know how many owner occupy and how many aren't paying their monthly or yearly fee. In my research I've seen complexes where many particularly Thais owners don't pay and nothing is done. This is a major red flag to me one doesn't have to be an expert 2x2 = 4, if can be obtain the accounting of the complex what comes in where it goes out how much and to whom. Writing between the lines can provide a real good sign as to what to expect. Even trying to attend a Condo meeting can be important.  

You can learn alot on your own first about management on your own. 

26 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

With a real estate background when looking at Condos years ago or any development here these are my guidrlines. 

Fees are based on size of units.  I keep the size Complex as small as possible the larger the more problems in all areas.

When interested I walk and view as much as possible that includes the stair areas this allows me to see for myself how well kept and the quality of building and maintenance. 

If interested continue if possible if reluctant red flag I want to know how many owner occupy and how many aren't paying their monthly or yearly fee. In my research I've seen complexes where many particularly Thais owners don't pay and nothing is done. This is a major red flag to me one doesn't have to be an expert 2x2 = 4, if can be obtain the accounting of the complex what comes in where it goes out how much and to whom. Writing between the lines can provide a real good sign as to what to expect. Even trying to attend a Condo meeting can be important.  

You can learn alot on your own first about management on your own. 

All good advice but i bought a newly built condo (as i guess many people do) so you don't have any information on maintenance, common fee payment etc. Your best hope is a strong Committee who can keep standards high.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

All good advice but i bought a newly built condo (as i guess many people do) so you don't have any information on maintenance, common fee payment etc. Your best hope is a strong Committee who can keep standards high.

That is very valid, reason why I don't look at new.  Whatever a person just my opinion save going in ground level I rather wait. In new, if timing and allow like to see less dangerous area that might be finished to get a sense of the workmanship and design this allows a sense of future problems.

New, try to research prior developments, if possible go and pretend you are a potential buyer all the things I wrote earlier will give you a good guess what you just brought into will be like, maintenance, common fee payment etc. and committee how they are form and their strength. Take a hundred owners for example if you get 2 to show up that would be a miracle. Less involvement the more control the management has and if they are what I've seen in Pattaya, that isn't a good thing.

Developers usually go with what and who they know. When you talk about strong committee and I've not seen too many but my experience isn't the final view is that the rules or bylaws the chair should be from one of the owners Thai or foreigners that has the final say and not the management company I'm one that believes they work for you. I've seen too many project where the committee really has no say here these management seem to have things backwards.

Good luck, personally find your own answers they are there new or not.

8 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

I was on the building committee of a 300+ unit condominium in Pattaya for 5 years. We changed management companies several times. Optima Management Services is the only one I would recommend. Not the cheapest. Small company run by a Brit. We had many non payers when he arrived, he started taking them to court and they soon starting paying.

Maybe you could provide some names of the other companies that you used or any that you know about? Thanks 

20 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

I was on the building committee of a 300+ unit condominium in Pattaya for 5 years. We changed management companies several times. Optima Management Services is the only one I would recommend. Not the cheapest. Small company run by a Brit. We had many non payers when he arrived, he started taking them to court and they soon starting paying.

There will always be many owners who don't want to pay, including of course the original developer holding unsold units. The only way is to take them to Court. It takes time and effort but eventually they have to pay up. That's what i meant by a strong Committee.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1