Who lives in a studio ?

georgegeorgia

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree but there's people on here that think their seaview is the best thing on earth and a high floor to see the sky, seeing mountains and trees is much more interesting

What if you can see the sea, trees and mountains? Would that be better than just seaviee or just trees and mountains?

The point is a view and location that makes you feel better. If you are happy with your partial views then accept that some might be happy with what they have. Why do you feel the need to denigrate their preferences? 
For me it’s not just a view, I choose to be close to the sea as the air is different. I love the sounds of the waves. Also the feeling of looking out over the horizon, with nothing blocking your view. I can see trees and mountains too as part of my view. It’s all amazing and good health promoting. So no, my sea view is not ‘overrated’. 
The fact that you have lost your appreciation for some things reflects only on you. Get back into the pool. Relax. 

Edited by NextG

On 9/7/2023 at 11:53 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I think balconies, and also swimming pools, are overrated.

Everybody wants one. But then most people never use the balcony and never use the swimming pool. 

Why? I don't know. But it's reality. 

I sit in my balcony most of the time. Pool and gym no no

On 9/7/2023 at 11:45 AM, NextG said:

So not a studio….

I had a 45 s/m studio in Pattaya for a year, balcony but not sea view.  I found 45 s/m enough to use a wardrobe and a bookcase to wall-off the sleeping area from the "Living area".  Balcony was large enough to set up a proper kitchen so no greasy smoke from cooking inside. It was actually very comfortable & livable.  Paid B6000/m

BTW, it was a "Thai style" apartment building, not a modern condo.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

I sit in my balcony most of the time. Pool and gym no no

Depends entirely on how the balcony faces to the sun.  I've had balconies that faced south and had direct sun that were unusable during the daytime.  A north-west facing balcony was OK most of the year.  May through July direct sun in the late afternoon.

" Balcony was large enough to set up a proper kitchen so no greasy smoke from cooking inside."

That's very smart.

During last trip I was trying to find VT7 studio next to emergency stairs.

Those 48m2 units have TWO balconies and they don't cost much more. Sometimes sell same as 1 balcony.

Perfect for your idea, I had same in mind ????

Didn't find one....

2 hours ago, dddave said:

I had a 45 s/m studio in Pattaya for a year, balcony but not sea view.  I found 45 s/m enough to use a wardrobe and a bookcase to wall-off the sleeping area from the "Living area".  Balcony was large enough to set up a proper kitchen so no greasy smoke from cooking inside. It was actually very comfortable & livable.  Paid B6000/m

BTW, it was a "Thai style" apartment building, not a modern condo.

How about the rain and insects on the balcony? must get dusty also. Just not as practical as kitchen inside

• Like 1

In university I used to only rent studios bc when babes came to visit they invariably sat on the bed which then... oh, nevermind

Trick in Thailand to renting studios is quiet building, floor above six and end of the hall.

Studio will always have more space than 1bdr of same size bc of windows, walls, design. Studio is four walls which you can stand lots of storage

Edited by Jelli
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2023 at 1:37 PM, spidermike007 said:

Nope. Not for me. I love space, and have been fortunate to have lived in alot of spacious homes, lofts (NYC), and apartments over the years. 

Few things in life beat the luxury of space. 

Yes indeed. I heard read somewhere that it's the final frontier?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/7/2023 at 12:37 PM, spidermike007 said:

Nope. Not for me. I love space, and have been fortunate to have lived in alot of spacious homes, lofts (NYC), and apartments over the years. 

Few things in life beat the luxury of space. 

I always had big houses and big gardens back in the UK.

But the sad reality is I'm just too old to bother with the upkeep these days.

Condo with swimming pool and nice gardens would be fine for me now.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/9/2023 at 10:58 AM, georgegeorgia said:

The conclusion is , I couldn't live in a studio , the ones that look like hotel rooms would be the worst .

Watching TV from your bed everyday .

Sink outside in some ,in fact some have only the bathroom sink 

Nope ... couldn't do it 

I have empathy for you guys doing it ,is that what you wanted in life to end up in a small bedsitter ?

Not everyone was as lucky as you with your make believe work as night shift security guard.

They had normal lives and jobs and were not fortunate enough to save up the vast wealth you have accumulated.

Are there any real members, who actually live in Thailand, still posting on this forum.

All of these fake content posts are really starting to stink of desperation.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Not everyone was as lucky as you with your make believe work as night shift security guard.

They had normal lives and jobs and were not fortunate enough to save up the vast wealth you have accumulated.

Are there any real members, who actually live in Thailand, still posting on this forum.

All of these fake content posts are really starting to stink of desperation.

Alas, any halfwit can post any old cobblers. They hide; not very successfully; in plain sight.

I blame school holidays.

• Haha 1

"Pattaya plaza condotel has many double rooms done up. It can work out ok. Plenty of room. 76sqm. Older building(crapiola) but worth the money and great location at under 2 mil."

I rented studio there once. Run down but big room and only 550 B/nite.

No security guard, doors open all night.

Nice big garden and direct access to the beach.

Many older Norwegian live there, quiet building.

They liked to live there. I didn't, for any price.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

How about the rain and insects on the balcony? must get dusty also. Just not as practical as kitchen inside

The balcony was well sheltered from the rain though I did cover my stove and kitchen-ware rack.  Insects were really less a problem outside than in. Rarely a roach inside the room because no grease or food inside.  It was just as important to keep an outside kitchen clean as inside.  It was on a 5th floor so dust not really any more an issue that normal.   Pigeons were sometimes a problem.

• Like 1