Stray puppy becomes millionth animal to be neutered and vaccinated by Soi Dog Foundation

snoop1130

32 minutes ago, mikebell said:

A million done but three million left. I am sure the relatives of all those killed by strays causing road accidents will applaud this achievement.

Agree. I saw a vid of a soi dog running out of a driveway into the street. He ran into a scooter. The driver was wearing a helmet but it wasn't strapped. It flew off, he went OTB, and he died.

12 minutes ago, ding said:

Agree. I saw a vid of a soi dog running out of a driveway into the street. He ran into a scooter. The driver was wearing a helmet but it wasn't strapped. It flew off, he went OTB, and he died.

One last week when a driver swerved to avoid a stray & ran into a shop killing the proprietor. I've had two step-daughters brought off their motor bikes by dogs; only one was hospitalised.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

At least , THEY do something to reduce the number of soi dogs .

They don't only talk and complain .

The dog haters here should support them . What they do significantly reduces the number of strays .

But killing , culling , poisoning dogs with antifreeze or rat poison etc , seems to be so fashionable to some posters here on this forum .

Sorry for their kids , if they have any ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

13 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Anybody know if this actually results in less strays? 

Desexing programs work well to reduce unplanned breeding in the Western world, where there are very few uncontrolled ferals and strays. I am referring to US, UK and Australia here.

In Thailand, where the feral/stray population is so huge - this program will only make a small dent in dog numbers - and should be seen more as a PR exercise.   

Yes - it is better than nothing - but not much. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

What they do significantly reduces the number of strays .

But killing , culling , poisoning dogs with antifreeze or rat poison etc , seems to be so fashionable to some posters here on this forum .

We will agree to disagree on this one.

Also - killing or culling of dogs as you mentioned above - could be viewed as being performed to protect their kids...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Maybe ask some Thais what they think?

I am Thai, so no need.

People who make assumptions about the identity of strangers to try to win arguments aren't too bright, if you ask me.

Edited by sidneybear
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

At least , THEY do something to reduce the number of soi dogs .

They don't only talk and complain .

The dog haters here should support them . What they do significantly reduces the number of strays .

I used too until I saw the fleet of New Pajeros with the Soi Dog Foundation on them, I now support TMWRD Foundation.     I am neither a dog lover nor hater, but believe in my money going toward the purpose, not so someone has a nice car to ride around in.      Peace

18 hours ago, No Forwarding Address said:

I used too until I saw the fleet of New Pajeros with the Soi Dog Foundation on them, I now support TMWRD Foundation.     I am neither a dog lover nor hater, but believe in my money going toward the purpose, not so someone has a nice car to ride around in.      Peace

I read their 'financials' one time, and IMHO, thought their administrative cost alone were way OTT

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sidneybear said:

Soi dogs are aggressive and dangerous pests. They should be rounded up and destroyed. 

I used to come here with the same knucklehead attitude to dogs displayed in this thread and the dogs knew it and many unnecessary actions ensured. Now I come here minus the knucklehead attitude and instead an open happy mindset and get on well with the soi dogs. And considering I do a 2 hour walk most mornings through the soi's I get to meet many dogs even the packs and alls sweet.

Only place I will never go is through a temple narrow gate early nornings or evenings without other people about as the dogs in there are doing their night watch job.

As for the one off dog on human tragedies for people to direct their own insecurities of Thai dogs, they happen in western countries too.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Roadman said:

As for the one off dog on human tragedies for people to direct their own insecurities of Thai dogs, they happen in western countries too

Dog lovers are well known for blaming humans when they get attacked. And which western country is it that you come from that allows wild dogs to roam the streets then? You're fibbing. 

• Thanks 2