Silent film chaos: Man attacks transwomen at mall theater for shushing

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The victims, 27 year old Cher and 26 year old Joy decided to share the story with ThaiRath as the attacker claimed that he was powerful and knew a lot of influential police officers.

Another do you know who my influential friends are because I'm a nobody child?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, paulbrow said:

What does the fact that the 2 people were trans have any bearing on this story. It's repeated over and over and frankly shouldn't even have been mentioned!

Why are you worried? It seems they were trans, so it's a fact. To simply say "women" would be misleading. So their mentioning it gives the story more accuracy. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

The only thing about this incident and their gender/sex is if they had been biological women, then they probably wouldn't have gotten a smack on the chops.

They would have likely been treated differently. Most men are ashamed to hit females.

I think labelling someone as intolerant is probably a bit harsh.

If my grandfather saw them he'd probably call a spade a spade, doesn't mean he's intolerant.

A child would probably accurately describe them as a man in dress. Again, no intolerance. It just is what it is.

A lot of people are not so wordly wise or sophisticated. Many small town people have never seen such a person.

And then there are people on the spectrum who see everything as factual. To them, a man is a man.

You really don't need to tar and feather everyone in the world who isn't up to speed with your woke/gender identity stuff as 'intolerant'

And if you do, then you're just as bad, ironically.

Give us a break.

Most everyone in Thailand is well aware of the existence of trans women (though they have different words for it). Yes, even children. 

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh '   it's the ... you know who I am brigade again,    this line is being used more & more by Thai's these days.

"Please someone help these people find out who they are, they seem to have lost their mind. Anyone know them? "

Just now, bananafish said:

Why are you worried? It seems they were trans, so it's a fact. To simply say "women" would be misleading. So their mentioning it gives the story more accuracy. 

Exactly. I don't think they had any other good choice but to report it as they did.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trans women. If you don't know what that means, look it up. Many don't seem to get such basic things.

It isn't basic.

It isn't even relevant to most people. 

Imagine thinking the world revolves around your little group of people. Jeez. 

The whole gender ideology is no more important than any religion.

Jesus identified as the son of God. Not everyone has to accept it, or look it up, or be interested in it.

If a man identifies as a woman, fine. But this topic is not for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

It isn't basic.

It isn't even relevant to most people. 

Imagine thinking the world revolves around your little group of people. Jeez. 

The whole gender ideology is no more important than any religion.

Jesus identified as the son of God. Not everyone has to accept it, or look it up, or be interested in it.

If a man identifies as a woman, fine. But this topic is not for everyone.

Presumably you're in Thailand?

The existence of such people whatever the labels in an ancient and well understood part of Thai culture. I would be hard to find a Thai who doesn't know about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Give us a break.

Most everyone in Thailand is well aware of the existence of trans women (though they have different words for it). Yes, even children. 

Thailand is a unique case as ladyboys have been in Thailand for a long time.

So, yes, in Thailand people are aware of it more than most other places in the world and children do understand the concept intellectually once they are old enough, but it is not something that children instinctively or naturally understand. 

Just now, FruitPudding said:

Thailand is a unique case as ladyboys have been in Thailand for a long time.

So, yes, in Thailand people are aware of it more than most other places in the world and children do understand the concept intellectually once they are old enough, but it is not something that children instinctively or naturally understand. 

This happened in THAILAND.

Next ...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Except I read it as the falang saying it.

He needs to be arrested for assault and deported. This is not acceptable behavior.

From the article"

"A Thai man physically assaulted two transwomen at a theatre in a shopping mall in Chon Buri after the two asked him to stop talking while watching a movie."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Presumably you're in Thailand?

The existence of such people whatever the labels in an ancient and well understood part of Thai culture. I would be hard to find a Thai who doesn't know about it. 

So, if a person outside of Thailand referred to them as men, would you give them a pass? Or would they be intolerant too?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

I used to go to the cinema but haven't for several years. You get people talking and crunching crisps whilst the movie is running. It is impolite and very annoying so I just don't bother now

The ones that get me are those that buy those stanky dill pickles and pollute 5 rows front and back of them.  I rarely went to the movies in Thailand, so I don't know what stinks them up...

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, damo1967 said:

The quote in the article stated what the guy said...  NOTHING about transphobic...   so, my comment stands, and you just wanted to publish something?  OK..  you published your nonsense.. you need to move on lil boy.

So what would you say they should have reported? That they were men? That they were women? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, damo1967 said:

I agree... totally irrelevant that they were 'trans'...  would it read 'two heterosexual women'?  if they were hetero?  Of course not!

I think it's just for accuracy.

If the report just said "women" the reader would assume they were biological women, which they were not. Same as if the "women" were foreign it would have been mentioned because it adds a layer to the story which anyone who has lived here for any period of time would know may have had an impact on the guy's reaction to them.

• Thumbs Up 1