The state of your average expat in Thailand.

bob smith

2 minutes ago, novacova said:

No it’s not just you that notices this. Most, at least 90% have some sort of social dysfunction, see it every day when I’m in the city. The visitors with families/couples seem very normal. It’s the guys with their holiday gf or wife that are freaking over the top weird, it’s the Hey look at me because I’m insecure syndrome. Also some western women age group 30-45 ~30% seem a little off, millennial chick tough dude syndrome.

It always amazes me when I see someone making such a statement. That would mean you've seen almost 3 million expats and their actions while living here. Or just making that using 9 out of 10, which isn't accurate when you're involving millions. How does one look insecure? Or weird? How do visiting families seem normal? Just wondering. I've seen people acting a little strange but didn't know what was on their minds. Maybe they just lost a wife or child, divorced, lost a job etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

Is it just me or is the average expat that lives in Thailand a loser?

most of them seem to have severe mental problems,

alcoholism/drug abuse is rampant.

Now I am no angel. I like a drink and have been known to dabble in substances in the past

but these guys are on another level.

I feel quite uneasy when I chat to a fellow expat, especially in a bar setting.

They always have a story.

most of them come off as con men/wrong uns,

maybe its the places that I frequent, i dont know.

but Thailand is full of farang losers.

People who western women wouldnt look twice at but here they think they are james bond.

What a sorry state of affairs. 

It must be a blessing when your own ???? doesn't stinks due to your god-like stature among <retch> common expats.  Honestly dude, Dubai or Singapore would be a much better fit for you.  Ahhh, but then?  You could not consistently display your exalted superiority, status, and wealth to the plebs, proles, and unwashed little people who dare to mill around at your feet on an almost daily basis.

You da man!  :thumbsup:

Edited by connda
  • Haha 2

Nimman expats tend to be short to mid term. Most people in the nabe don't stay long enough for the bloom to go off the rose. The few long-termers (which I intend to be) tend be stoners, foodies and culture buffs, not boozers or mongers. 

Not that there aren't plenty of desirable, mixed-race women here to mingle with, which I forgot to mention in the other thread.

Nimman has more in common with Soho or Greenwich Village than the rest of Thailand.

Ask any such residents: would you like the same thing for 60% less cash? So no way am I seeing the same long faces that Bob does.

Just now, bignok said:

Golfers lie

Fishermen lie

People lie about money

Mongers lie

I know some fisherman lie, but I don't. What's the point there? People all lie sometimes, but some lie to upset others intentionally, to get what they want, or to scam others. How does a golfer lie if you're playing with them? Did they say they shot  under par on a difficult course? Who cares ,if they can't back it up? I have a best friend who sometimes exaggerates the fish he catches, although he is a decent fisherman, to me, someone who knows him since 1965. What's the point?

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I know some fisherman lie, but I don't. What's the point there? People all lie sometimes, but some lie to upset others intentionally, to get what they want, or to scam others. How does a golfer lie if you're playing with them? Did they say they shot  under par on a difficult course? Who cares ,if they can't back it up? I have a best friend who sometimes exaggerates the fish he catches, although he is a decent fisherman, to me, someone who knows him since 1965. What's the point?

They lie to impress people. My brother is a chronic liar. His wife even worse. She lies 95% of the time to impress people. Absolute nut. Her first husband left the state to get away from her. My brother has never had a gf apart from her. He's too weak to stand up to her and lies so both of them can get ahead. They tried to scam multiple people in the family.

I guess it depends what the definition of a loser is but I think it comes pretty close when you are discussing this kind of stuff online, because you have nothing better to do, and not even know the people you judge but just assume something. Like how do you even judge someone based on the fact that they drink, if that alone is already a issue, the person judging is a problem + loser.

People like to talk to the TS because of his rolex, because they could get a pint or 2, it seems he is the one who lost his mind. What an arrogance and ignorance in one pot.

In reality I usually almost get depressed when I see this super boring old foreigners here, who not seem to enjoy or spend at all, but judge everyone who does.

Edited by ChaiyaTH