Goods Prices to Be Reduced After Oil Price Cut: Commerce Minister

snoop1130

To be honest, I'm not sure that enforcing price cuts is the way to solve inflation. But this government has really impressed me with the committees and special panels they have created. Who would have thought of creating committees to solve problems, not me that's for sure. Anyway, if they cut prices for me and other really poor people I will be over the moon,. Thank you Phumtham ????

• Haha 1

Prices will not go down on anything. The cuts in the price of electricity and diesel are minuscule and the higher prices are already factored into everything in the distribution pipeline. When the lower prices kick in there will be other costs(like the minimum wage, imported raw materials etc) that will have risen that easily wipe out the small reductions, so manufacturers and distributors will claim that reductions do not apply and the consumer will see no savings. The shell game continues.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, retarius said:

To be honest, I'm not sure that enforcing price cuts is the way to solve inflation. But this government has really impressed me with the committees and special panels they have created. Who would have thought of creating committees to solve problems, not me that's for sure. Anyway, if they cut prices for me and other really poor people I will be over the moon,. Thank you Phumtham ????

You give them too much credit.  They are creating committee but that means nothing.  Hell they will spend 2 years arguing about who is in charge and should they have hot or cold drinks

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

You give them too much credit.  They are creating committee but that means nothing.  Hell they will spend 2 years arguing about who is in charge and should they have hot or cold drinks

Err. think you'll find he's not actually crediting them for anything !

21 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Who is paying for this party?

Oil ???? is about to hit $100.

F5v4yjDW8AEnjWc.jpeg

The prices at the pump are based on 100.00 a barrel.  

They just never lowered them when the prices when oil went down.

I wouldn't be surprised to see oil prices drop again with more Chinese recovery bad news 

Screenshot_20230915_135642_Chrome.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U