lots of sick people

stoner

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

This. When I lived back home, I rarely got a cold nor anything else. After coming here, it started, especially after Covid hit. I had it at least two times, and I'm thinking it's been long Covid since then. Cough that comes and goes, scratchy throat. Gastro problems I thought were from chilis, chicken not cooked well enough or something else. Congestion , although I do have allergies, this hasn't affected me as much since I left the US until recently. Headaches, which I almost never got before. As far as sickness spreading fast here, this is always because of shared water cups, sticky rice, utensils touched by others. I tell my girlfriend now to have everyone use separate cups for water, but it doesn't get through. When one gets sick in a house, they all do. Kids in school hovering over each other, sick kids parents put in school because they won't keep them home and take care of them, so they spread whatever all around.

To boost a natural immunity we need to be in permanent contact with new viruses, what you describe goes in this direction so don't worry about what you see the Thais have been doing for thousands of years.

But chances are you won't survive because you don't have the right immunity for living in Thailand like the Thais????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LaosLover said:

When she finally got well enough to think about a little travel, we went to Luang Prubang and she caught dengue fever. 3 weeks in bed. 

Been there, done that.  It took almost 2 years before I felt reasonably well again.  Nasty stuff. 
Best wishes for your wife recovery.  Hopefully she doesn't have Long Dengue.

18 minutes ago, BE88 said:

To boost a natural immunity we need to be in permanent contact with new viruses, what you describe goes in this direction so don't worry about what you see the Thais have been doing for thousands of years.

But chances are you won't survive because you don't have the right immunity for living in Thailand like the Thais????

One of many reasons for re settling back home

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, stoner said:

an abnormally large number of people i know are all sick right now. myself included. had a scratchy throat the other morning and within a few hours turned into a nasty cold. sniffles runny nose not much else. i have been overdosing on tiffy.

anyone else in the same boat ? 

I'm in Australia and had the same as you for the last 7 days

15 hours ago, stoner said:

an abnormally large number of people i know are all sick right now. myself included. had a scratchy throat the other morning and within a few hours turned into a nasty cold. sniffles runny nose not much else. i have been overdosing on tiffy.

Same with me and several friends

i know two families with kids.  both families got hit with RSV and dengue over the last month.  they live in buriram.  everyone got RSV and half got dengue.  half the dengue folk had to spend 3 nights in hospital and the other half didn't, their bloodwork was ok.  the dengue ward is packed in buriram !!

12 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

As I stated in my first post, I have several vaccinated acquaintances who deeply regret it.

I'm seeing a surge of illnesses of all types these days… and I'm not the only one.

Three military doctors say medical billing code data captured by Defense Medical Epidemiology Database shows sharp spikes in miscarriages, myocarditis, cancer diagnoses, Bell's palsy, female infertility. According to the data found by the military doctors, there was also a nearly 300% increase in cancer diagnoses, from a 38,700-per-year average in 2016-2020 to 114,645 in 2021.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/covid-panel-military-service-members-see-spikes-miscarriages-cancer

Turns out that the data they were using was incorrect. 

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/alleged-spikes-in-medical-conditions-military-after-covid-19-vaccine-based-on-faulty-data-thomas-renz/

Back on topic, my son in Bangkok was ill with similar symptoms a few weeks ago. Was tested at the hospital and confirmed as H1N1 flu.

7 hours ago, JayClay said:

Of course you do. This is known as confirmation bias.

What generally happens with conspiracy nut jobs is that they blab their ridiculous theories to anybody who will listen (and often, unfortunately, people who don't want to listen) and for every 100 people they engage a couple will agree with them*. That is enough evidence for them to conclude that their theory holds some kind of scientific merit.

As for "deeply regret it", how does that manifest itself? Are they sitting in their sofa every night, clutching their knees, sobbing away a river of remorse? How does one even "deeply regret" something that has no impact on their day to day life?

*Often times this will just be to shut the nutjob up, not because they necessarily agree.

Let's leave my mental health out of this.

You keep on trusting the science, bro.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, stoner said:

Tiffy tablets contain 500 mq paracetamol.

What do you mean by overdosing?

You should take a maximum of 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours and no more than 8 tablets in a 24 hour period. If you overdose you are risking liver damage  which can be fatal.

Source

Everyone in my house (son, the primary carrier, wife, maid and I). Their sore throats all went to coughs and even a little fever. As soon as I got the sore throat I started sucking on 1000mg Vitamin C tablets and taking pseudoephedrine (to stop the nasal drip). I had some small urges to cough, but it did not develop as theirs did.  Over about 30 days my symptoms came twice. The maid's came a couple of times, complete with coughing. My son and wife's coughs reduced a couple of time, but never went away completely until about 10 days ago. I bought medicines for my wife from MEGA pharmacy in Big C that seemed to help her. I don't know what she got for the maid or my son. (I know they used my stock of 15 pseudoephedrine pills and I had to go on my own to the doctor to get more. PIA).

24 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Stoner Is CBD and Marijuana not the cure-all for everything Like Uncle Bob's magic elixir or as the Late great Shel silverstein theorized. YOU GET STONED AND Y9OU MISS IT?

correct kid.

cbd and cannabis are well known to almost instantly cure any disease.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, arick said:

Because they're cooking it at 75 c doesn't mean it gets into the center core of the of the vegetable my God go back to school stop copying and pasting and reading your s*** online and go back to school and there's more than just salmonella that causes food poisoning. Do you want to start going on about 65c versus 75 c

2 hours ago, buick said:

i know two families with kids.  both families got hit with RSV and dengue over the last month.  they live in buriram.  everyone got RSV and half got dengue.  half the dengue folk had to spend 3 nights in hospital and the other half didn't, their bloodwork was ok.  the dengue ward is packed in buriram !!

Exactly nothing to do with covid! Schools have all gone back so Iyou  got all  school bugs and mosquitoes are extremely high this year.  Can I ask where all you sick people are from so I can avoid your area for a while. 

5 minutes ago, MichaelHunt said:

That's obviously the reason. The COVID "vaccinations" are weakening immune systems - as they were designed to do. I don't expect the victims to admit this, though. People don't like to admit that they were duped.

If I had made the mistake of getting "vaccinated" for COVID, I would be trying to remove the spike proteins from my body now, and trying to rebuild my immune system. Denial is not going to help you.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/report-covid-19-vaccines-saved-us-115-trillion-3-million-lives

• Haha 2